Variety

Henry, Soyu, and Gayoon talk about being the lesser known members of their groups on 'Happy Together 3'

July 4, 2013 @ 9:04 pm
by serendipity
  • 0
  • 0
  • 261
  • 80312
  • 1151
For fans of Super Junior, SISTAR, and 4minute, or those who just enjoy idol interaction, the latest episode of 'Happy Together 3' is probably a must see as the idols made sure to bring abundant laughter with their frank comments as well as brushing upon topics a bit more serious in nature.

This episode was centered around introducing the lesser known members of each of the three idol groups, so representing Henry was Kyuhyun, while Dasom introduced Soyu, and HyunA introduced Gayoon.

Kyuhyun, Dasom, and HyunA didn't hold back as they bragged about their fellow members and why they should be more recognized, and to confirm the hype, Henry played his violin and introduced himself in multiple languages while Soyu displayed her variety skills with her somewhat failed yet hilarious attempts at mimicking the voices of other celebrities. Gayoon, on the other hand, revealed that the reason she doesn't go on variety shows much is because she doesn't like being put on the spot and being requested to dance or show off a talent.

Henry, Soyu, and Gayoon also spoke about some of the pain they've received due to being lesser known in the group than their fellow members.

Soyu said, "Our group has done a lot of variety shows and it's been over 3 years since our debut so each member seems to have found their own niche. For programs focusing on vocal ability, Hyorin has made herself known as the main vocalist of the group. Bora started becoming known for her athleticism so she's done a lot of variety around that, and as for Dasom, she's picked up acting. So with three years having passed, when the agency asked me, 'Soyu, what do you want to do?', it's like, what can I even do now?" She also lightheartedly pointed out that MC Park Myung Soo kept forgetting her name on a radio program previously, calling her Dasom or Bora.

Gayoon revealed that she could relate, as she said, "There are times when I've been embarrassed before because when HyunA would come to the front, people would scream while they wouldn't when the other members would come out... However, I'm quite realistic so I think of it as an obvious thing now, but sometimes when the reaction is really severe, it does get to me a little."

Hearing Gayoon talk about her experience, Henry chimed in, "It was really severe for me. As you know, all the SuJu members are really famous, and I joined later. So when there were fan signings, all the members would sit in a row, and the fans would line up.  While the other members had an immense amount of people line up, my line had about maybe 10 or 20. So like how [Gayoon] was talking about the screaming when introducing members, for us, when the other members were being introduced, everyone would scream, but when I was introduced, it would just be quiet claps."

Although they might have gone through pained moments in the past, these members certainly made a name for themselves through this latest episode of the show as 'Happy Together 3' ranked #1 again, even jumping up 1.3% since last week to gain 8.6% in ratings.

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 260 comments

Sort by:

kelly_lee
· Posted July 25, 2013 @ 4:24 am

thats so werid, I love Soyu the most in Sistar. Please don't hate me but i feel like Bora and Hyroin are always in front so i don't really like that and Soyu has an amazing voice which i love. Also i love Gayoon, she so pretty and with an amazing voice. who doesn't love them???

MusicAllDay
· Posted July 8, 2013 @ 3:49 pm

triniblossom
· Posted July 8, 2013 @ 2:00 pm

Wow....Gayoon is my favorite tho!

ramjetranch
· Posted July 6, 2013 @ 11:47 pm

I'd scream my head off if I ever saw Gayoon in person. She's fantastic !

xmeimeix
· Posted July 6, 2013 @ 5:13 pm

aw but its okay now! in Henry's case there are a lot more Strings and i hear ELFs cheer for him too!

animia
· Posted July 6, 2013 @ 4:15 pm

Soyu has always been my favorite in Sistar, it makes me sad that she's so underrated. It applies for Gayoon and Henry too, all of them are very talented. Good luck, guys! ^^

sakura288
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 11:00 pm

That's how it is in groups, one or two people are more famous than the others.

toory
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 8:59 pm

Henry you have alot of fans *^* we all support you ..

Don't care about the " Only 13 " they're not true ELFs ><

Super Junior = 13 + 2 + ELF = 1

lazy_panda
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 7:22 pm

Hello everyone!! I recently started my own YouTube channel, where I talk about some of the things I like, in this case K-pop and Anime. I will mostly be uploading reviews and maybe some vlogs here and there on a weekly basis. Anyway, I would like to invite you to check the content out and tell me what you think. Here is the link:

Before I go: What did the peanut say to the walnut? Cashew later XD Bye!! Cashew all later...

mimiviet
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 6:21 pm

Let's create an union !!! Yeah  we love you !

cherrycupcake
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 4:42 pm

the 'ELF's who hate Henry are not real ELFs. they're just people who make their fandom look bad...

A_had
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 3:30 pm

Soyu is my bias and i actually blame their entertainment for the whole subunit thing, they are so much better as four (example: performing gone not around any longer together), i'll keep supporting you, stay strong bb!! >.<

shaishaix
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 7:25 pm
it was to promote SISTAR... it's a team effort not an individual competition ...

taenamja
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 3:19 pm

Henry is my bias in suju, it's just so painful reading his comment... however, I'll scream more louder for you! <3

hyungjun
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 3:10 pm

The thing is, they don't realise how popular they are overseas. I love Henry, he's my bias!

lolhooru
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 3:04 pm

I have to admit I usually tend to have a bias for the lesser known members (exp. Gayoon  ^^). It's really painful for me to watch as the viewer so I can't imagine how it would be for the actual members. Always remember that you have loyal and devoted fans waiting for you. Please stay strong. Hwaiting!

junsuyunhofan
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 2:24 pm

I happen to like these lesser known members compared to the popular ones.

amirahshahrin
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 2:11 pm

heechul said "If you can't accept all the 15 members, then what kind of ELF are you?" HNERY stayy strong !! ;D

amirahshahrin
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 2:11 pm
*HENRY

embeezy
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 2:07 pm

aww

ida_zumi
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 2:00 pm

i really like soyou~~~~~ she sings well in sistar. im glad she's part in sistar~

sakurakou
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 1:08 pm

I think all those member who are famous in their groups deserve it they work hard for it promoting and working hard we all know how suju got famous they worked harder than any one and hyorin she is godness she is amazing hyuna too although I don't like here concept but she was Wonder girl member before she became 4min and she suffer to get recognized ........ about suju i beleive it's 13 +2 not 15 I can't just say suju is 15 to me I  saw how the 13 members suffered heechul kyu accident, HG lawsuit they are all one family but the 13 members have special place in my heart many memorie and feeling so I cant say all of them is the same I just got to know henry and zhomin recently and I like them but compare to the others suju Idk I can't feel the same.....I like them but not like suju