Netizens noticed that AOA‘s Seolhyun liked two feminist posts on Instagram that talked about the differences between men and women.
The post read, “Because you’re a woman, you’re sentenced to prison. Because you’re a man, you get a probation.”
Netizens believe the woman the post is talking about isGo Yujung. She is suspected of murdering her ex-husband but was known by friends for not being violent. They compared her case to a man (only known as “Kim-ssi”) who is suspected of murdering another person using a meat grinder.
Netizens are furious that the woman’s entire personal identity was revealed to the public but the man’s full name and face were protected.
Fans are praising Seolhyun for supporting women’s rights through the posts, even at the risk of losing male fans.
1. [+836, -95]This was raised in Teens stories not long ago, it was about Go Yujung and it came out as if it was something super rare. (t/n: quickly, Go Yujung was suspected of murdering her ex-husband and was known to not be a violent person) But isn't it so common for men to not mosaic women's face? And there was also a case 2 years ago? Or 3 years ago? The meat machine murder about the guy who murdered someone using a meat cutting machine, but why don't we reveal his face? This happens way too often, even instances where the wife who got murdered has her face reveald but when it's the guy, it's mosaic-ed, instances where the mistress has her face revealed while the man only has his fingers revealed, etc. The media also portrayed Go Yujung as the most evil woman you've ever seen and the articles just keep on pouring in, but when it's men, it's always Kim-ssi, Park-ssi, and their personal identities are always protected. I'm not a feminist and I have no interest in this, but the country is still so discriminating against women and it's so severe. I don't think what Seolhyun did was wrong.
(The male suspect is tenant Kim ssi who is in his 50s)
2. [+666, -30]I like her even more after seeing this
3. [+565, -30]Why is this a controversy?
4. [+283, -3]This is a fact thoughㅋㅋㅋ Even in the Hongdae incident where women have revealed thousands of molkas they made it a light issue, but when men are the victims, we hear about it all the timeㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Seolhyun has a bunch of male fans, and this is not something easy to do as a celebrity, I support her even more
5. [+221, -5]What controversy? This is bullsh*t. It's only a controversy for those damn men she's god-Seolhyun ^^
6. [+179, -2]To be honest, she's cool. The hannams (t/n: derogatory form for men) are all bashing her and they're making it so obvious. Everyone can see her SNS, this is amazing of her