Police have completed a search and seizure at YG entertainment.
Police are investigating allegations of habitual gambling by Yang Hyun Suk, former head of YG Entertainment and Seungri, a former member of YG idol group Big Bang.
An official from the intelligence investigation unit of the Seoul Metropolitan Agency revealed, "We raided the YG Entertainment headquarters in Mapo-gu Seoul from 9am to 2 pm to secure relevant data to prove Yang Hyun Suk and Seungri's illegal gambling. We deployed 17 investigators to the scene to complete the search and seize."
"Yang Hyun Suk's house was not included on the raid," the police official said. "It's difficult to confirm the details of the seized items."
The police have been conducting internal investigations after obtaining intelligence and help from the FBI in the U.S on alleged gambling rings by Yang Hyun Suk and Seungri. On the 14th, police booked the two on charges of habitual gambling and officially began investigations.
Yang is suspected of committing 'hwanchigi' transactions of about 1.3 billion won while traveling between South Korea and overseas. Police are investigating the amount of money gambled overseas in order to determine details around the illegal foreign transactions.
Yang Hyun Suk is also currently under investigation for mediating prostitution for Malaysian financier Jho Low after arranging for an overseas trip to Europe for Jho Low and hosting a party for him in 2014.
Police obtained a search warrant for Yang Hyun Suk and YG Entertainment's financial accounts on the 2nd and have secured mobile phones and financial data to analyze the flow of funds.
- 1. [+2,044, -8] Why the hell are the police so afraid when it comes to YG? How many rotten police are involved??
- 2. [+475, -20] Burning really showed the corrupt powers of the police and their deep relationship with YG...now its gambling and drugs...basically your common criminals...we need to reveal the evils of this administration and root them all out!
- 3. [+287, -3] Wow this is our country... in order to make money in business you have to join hands with dirty politicians and corrupt police~
- 4. [+207, -3] Don't act like you're trying to avoid stepping on poop and do it right ~
- 5. [+51, -0] I remember shortly after Burning Sun broke YG finished shredding a large amount of documents at the headquarters...it's been half a year and you're raiding now?? ㅋㅋWhat evidence can you get?? You have yet to prove all the allegations of drugs, prostitution, bribery ㅋㅋ...it's because police, prosecution, judges, politicians, chaebols are all involved right...
- 6. [+31, -0] ㅋㅋIt's been a half a year already and they're now doing the search and seize?
- 7. [+21, -0] Even a passing dog would laugh at the pace of this search ㅋㅋㅋ