Jeon Somi's Awkward Showcase Featuring no Singing
Jeon Somi surprised fans at her showcase by admitting despite her three years of training she was not prepared to sing her debut title track. While her debut song appears to perform well in the charts, the singer herself failed to perform at all leaving many to wonder if it wouldn't have been better for her image to postpone the debut until she was ready.
Article: "I've prepared a lot in 3 years" vs "I'm less prepared today" Jun Somi's hypocritical showcase
Source: Sports Today via Nate
1. [+568, -6] It's still a showcase... even if you're not fully prepared for it, you should still show your performance, no..? Is this some type of new style of showcase or what..??
2. [+485, -5] She should've still performed her title track at her showcase, even if it means she edits the choreography for music shows later. Why is YG so bad at their job? ㅋㅋ
3. [+422, -2] She should've performed her showcase even if she has to change things later. What is the point of not doing it at all?
4. [+33, -0] I'm sure you can all see why JYP threw her out, right? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+33, -2] Jun Somi seemed to learn choreography really fast on 'Slam Dunk' so you really want us to believe that she wasn't able to prepare for her stage and couldn't do it?
6. [+30, -0] She didn't even sing at her showcase, what is this ㅋㅋㅋ what was the point of it ㅋㅋ
7. [+28, -0] Does she think a showcase is a joke? That journalists have nothing better to do than sit around and wait for her?
8. [+25, -3] This is quite arrogant of her. She should've showed all that she's worked hard for and yet she showed nothing, tsk tsk tsk.
9. [+23, -3] This is just hilarious
10. [+17, -0] She acts like such a big shot ㅋㅋㅋㅋ if you weren't fully prepared for the showcase, you should've postponed it
Article: Jun Somi, a showcase without any 'live singing'... "Because it's not perfect yet"
Source: SpoTV News via Nate
1. [+723, -2] What is she talking about... it's so obvious this debut is all rushed since she's not even ready for it yet
2. [+603, -4] Isn't the whole point of a showcase debut to hold it when everything's perfect? Is she just proving herself to be an amateur or what?
3. [+565, -2] You should've canceled the showcase then... what a mess of an agency and artist ㅜㅜ
4. [+36, -0] Is she delusional enough to think she's some super famous solo singer? She hasn't proven herself as a singer at all, what is she saying...
5. [+35, -1] A showcase without live singing...
Article: Jun Somi, "Not ready yet" no title track stage... why hold a showcase if you're not ready?
Source: Korea Econ via Nate
1. [+1,250, -10] Isn't the point of a showcase to perform your new song...? What...???????
2. [+948, -10] ????????????????????????
3. [+847, -18] This is just so YG ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+84, -0] Why did she think this was appropriate to invite people to? Should've canceled the whole thing.
5. [+82, -1] I've never seen a showcase without the title track performance ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ a movie screening without the movie? A food tasting without the food? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ How do you call journalists to your showcase and then tell them that you're not ready? ㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+69, -3] Probably just an effort to bury BI
7. [+49, -2] I don't think she understands what a showcase is. Should've just called it a pre-debut journalist meeting... these journalists were all screwed over by a rookie ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
8. [+43, -3] So she just held this to have a chat with journalists???
Article: Jun Somi, "My music was different from JYP's directing point... I was touched by Teddy's planning"
Source: X Sports News via Nate
1. [+865, -46] She talks like she's some world famous artist
2. [+855, -55] I felt this when she was on 'Knowing Bros' but she's just way too big of a tryhard. If I still got that impression even after all the editing, she must be even worse.
3. [+713, -27] And yet JYP had no problem throwing her out ㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+68, -1] Look at a barely-debuted rookie talking about music direction ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Everyone knows why you were kicked from JYP ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+62, -0] Maybe because she's still young but her head seems up in the clouds
6. [+59, -3] She gives interviews like Rihanna when she doesn't even have one solo album yet
7. [+42, -1] Her arrogance is just shooting sky high now. I felt bad for her being eliminated from 'Sixteen' so I supported her in 'Produce 101' but I guess it proves true that people don't change. JYP has an eye for character.
8. [+40, -0] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ She's already learning the meaning of backstabbing from YG ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
1. [+213, -12] Are there showcases where you don't sing at nowadays?
2. [+98, -7] YG
3. [+87, -17] With what confidence did she hold this showcase with? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+40, -4] YG hard at work changing out all the main page articles because the comments are looking bad for her ^^
5. [+60, -28] She just doesn't have the voice for singing
6. [+20, -1] The Black Label is basically YG
7. [+16, -1] She must really hate BI right about now
8. [+16, -2] Why did she go through with the showcase if she couldn't even prepare a stage for it? She claims to have prepared 3 years for it and yet what's this? ㅋㅋ It's so obvious she was rushed in all of this, and yet with all that media play..
9. [+18, -6] I can't listen to her because she has the type of voice that sounds super unstable with any high note and you're scared that her voice is going to crack. Maybe that's why her songs are all one tone.