Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF 17 days ago

Heechul assumes his past car accident is the reason for his low life expectancy

HEECHUL

Heechul's life expectancy has been revealed.

On the February 5 airing of KBS2's '6-Party Talks,' Heechul, Lee Kyung KyuKim Yong ManPark Myung SooJang Dong Min, and Jang Do Yeon went through physical examinations to find out their life expectancy.

Heechul wished his life expectancy would be 100 years but his results were the lowest out of all as it turned out to be 72.4 years.

Heechul commented, "I got in a big car accident 13 years ago. I was so busy that I couldn't undergo rehabilitation. During this exam, I was told the balance of my body is in serious condition."

1. Heechul
41 56,999 Share 91% Upvoted

taeyongies 17 days ago 4

I still remember both his and Kyuhyun accidents. Dark times for ELF. :(

nnani 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

It wasn't just them two but they had it the worst ;;.

DonaldJUnderhill 17 days ago 0

ffffffasasewee

divolon (Banned) 17 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

3 more replies

trogdorthe8th 17 days ago 9
17 days ago

I'm not saying that the car accident wouldn't be a part of it, but you have to look at several other factors in his life as well. What is his exercise routine like (and YES, even people who've been in accidents can have healthy routines that are safe for long-term injuries), what types of foods does he eat, and when you get right down to the nitty gritty, what are his genetics like. For some people, you can be as healthy as a horse with everything you do, not touch any terrible substances, not have any accidents, and STILL drop dead before you're 50 due to a pre-existing genetic deformity. That's why some people have heart conditions even though their sodium intake is low and they do everything else by the books. I know the accident was a horribly tragic and frightening time for him that still haunts him to this day, but unfortunately for some people, it can be just a horrible genetic hand dealt to them at birth. If he really wants to know, he should take a closer look at his family's general health history to see if there are any patterns of specific health issues so he can try to watch out for them early, if they exist at all. But strictly saying it all came from the car accident wouldn't be completely accurate in this situation. I wish him well though.

RationalK 17 days ago 5
17 days ago

Exactly, and additionally Heechul is known to drink a lot of alcohol and he smoked when he was still a teenager (although he quit in 2013). He doesn't exercise either, and although I'm sure that it would be difficult for him to do normal workouts, there's surely some sports that he could do, or just some physical therapy.

trogdorthe8th 17 days ago 1
17 days ago

Yup! For example, one of the best ways to get low impact exercise for people with long term injuries and such is swimming. The water takes the weight off your joints, and you can still get a solid work out for your muscles. I love Heechul, and I don't know if that line was scripted for the show or not because I know such a huge accident as his has had long term effects on him. But he simply can't put it all on the accident. An issue with some people from that part of the country are heart problems, and in many cases it can be due to certain aspects of their diet- you don't have to be fat to have heart issues. I just sincerely hope he'll take a serious look at some things he can change. Just because they say you might live to a certain age, it doesn't necessarily mean the quality of life will be great up until that point.

EskiePt 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

He was back up on the the stage as soon as he could stand and dance again, so obviously proper rehab was not done for someone who broke their leg in 7 different places.

Bad rehabilitation after a serious injury like this will simply leave you incapacitated in some way and with chronic pain for the rest of your life, in ways that are simply irreversible. Like through permanent deformities (you can tell his hips are not aligned) or post traumatic arthritis that starts showing up years after the injury but with bad rehab will manifest sooner.

The chronic pain that comes from this will make you loose years of your life expectancy for different reasons just by itself. Chronic pain alone even increases the chances of cancer for example, due to the way it affects your immune system..

CROW 17 days ago 2
17 days ago

eh... even if he says he doesn't exercise, of course he does. he's an idol. he would exercise a lot when performing and would've when completing military service

2 more replies

Quebonita 14 days ago 0
14 days ago

I don't think heechul would have time to live a healthy life with such a busy schedule under SM control. SM even forced heechul and Kyuhyun to participated in album promotion right after the accident. There are 12 metal rods in heechul's leg and he dances so hard those rods bent. It is so detrimental to patients who need more rest after car accident but they were forced to dance and went over asia by flights without any break.

veji (Banned) 17 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

1 more reply

nnani 17 days ago 1
17 days ago

The Suju accident is still one of the most vivid memories and it's honestly terrifying.

yiroza (Banned) 17 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

cjnvm 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

I think he said this so netizens wouldn't suspect it was due to smoking and drinking.

Glittergir 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

This is so sad. I hope he is able to take good care of himself

seochulgoo 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

can we really predict our life expectancy? I wouldn't trust that

PainterLeigh 17 days ago 8

idk if i want to live to 100 personally

even at like 40-ish you start to get symptoms of aging

it must be very uncomfortable living at like 70

aches and pains, medical problems, retirement so nothing to do with life except family stuff and hobbies, memory fog, low vision, loss of appetite, low energy, no libido, lower mobility, loss of independence, natural teeth probably half or all gone

it seems grizzly to me

teleri 17 days ago 7
17 days ago

LOL it is not particularly uncomfortable to be old, until you reach an age where you can't take care of yourself anymore. 70 is NOT usually that age LOL

'Nothing to do' except hobbies & family - hoo boy. I'm retired and just LOVE IT so much! No more having to do garbage I don't want to do for people I don't much like! Really can focus on what I want to do instead! JOY!
My generation used to think 30 was the end of a fun life :D That quickly dissipated :D

PainterLeigh 16 days ago 6
16 days ago

I dont know, i have friends who are in their 50s and it already looks like a bad situation. 70 in comparison would be even worse

i know that some people live great lives at 70 and beyond but i think those people are probably the minority. everyone i know over 45 is already having hard time with aging

maybe its just that the people i know are different but i don't think so. at a certain age you get menopause, start losing your hair, get saggy wrinkly skin, cellulite, dry skin and spots everywhere. its just hard. first your appearance goes and your energy goes, then health declines. you start getting back spasms and leg spasms and random spasms. i have a friend who keeps getting skin cancer moles on her face and having to have them removed., that stuff doesn't happen until 50+ Young people wake up in the morning and know their face/skin is fine and healthy. but add aging and its all a shit show. every year is more shit to deal with

i always had poor vision but as i get older it gets worse. when i'm old i'm gonna be so blind. the optometrist already knows it and told me i'm gonna have bifocals in my 40s/50s. i'm gonna be lbind as a fucking bat. i'm not looking forward to it

6 more replies

joanner22 17 days ago 0

Long live Kim heechul ❤️❤️❤️

ParktomyJimin 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

hoping for the best and I hope he lives a long fulfilling life :(

ExoWeAreOneOT12 17 days ago 1

People who live up to 100 yrs are rare , 72 yr is good

yooonoon 13 days ago 0
13 days ago

It’s actually more common in today’s society that it was let’s say 20 years ago?

HanixHeechul 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

Stupid SM, forcing him and kyuhyun into doing dont don album despite both still recovering from car accidents

kerry_jonson (Banned) 13 days ago 0
13 days ago

Comment has been deleted

CheapKing 14 days ago 0
14 days ago

It's sad to remember their car accident. But it's also remind me of ladies code accident 😖 it was a sad memories to remember

Quebonita 14 days ago 0
14 days ago

He's talking about how he suffers from bad rrehabilitation due to his previous busy schedule and stage performance. Not about his living style.....why so many people miss the point?

Quebonita 14 days ago 0
14 days ago

The key points is he is too busy that he even started to dance right after the accident.

""I was so busy that I couldn't undergo rehabilitation.""

I don't know why some people talked about his exercise routine when heechul barely had time to undergo rehabilitation and he dances too hard that the 12 metal rods set in his leg bent.

Wasn't that enough for him as exercise ?

kimmiefonze 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

He should have lived a healtihier lifestyle. But that accident really limited his mobility. Sometimes, if you squint a bit harder, you can see that his shoulders are not aligned.

Garcianna (Banned) 17 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

BkwwT1126S 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

Genetics and blood type has something to do with it but especially since he’s blood type ab, hes more likely to be prone to more heart related diseases than other blood types

TWICE, Nayeon, Jungyeon, Momo, Sana, Jihyo, Mina, Dahyun, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu