Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

Discussions
Posted by MyWorldIsKPop 8 days ago

Problems With Being a KPop fan/ARMY

1. People automatically expect you to be annoying

2. KPop fans turn on you just because of the bad part of our fandom

3. People don’t realize that we’re a family

4. Obviously, the antis

5. They automatically think that I’m biased towards the group and don’t give other groups a chance

6. Other ARMYs ruining our chance to prove that we’re actually good people

7. Other fandoms think I stream BTS videos, when I mostly watch a mixture of groups

8. Apparently people think that there’s a law on how many times you can watch a video.

9. Many KPop fans don’t realize the difference between streaming, and watching a video because you live it so much. Not all of you of course.

10. KPop fans don’t realize that we do see the bad seeds in our fandom and that we shouldn’t take accountability for their actions

11. They automatically assume that you’re gonna start talking trash about another group before you even get to know them

12. ARMYs calling out other groups to make themselves feel better.(Those are the ones making it worse.)

13. I feel like I can’t be a multi fandom.

14. People in general automatically think that you just listen BTS or KPop

15. Listening to people say, “It’s not KPop, is it?” “Is that Chinese?” “Are they gay?” “They look EXACTLY the SAME” etc.

16. I have to tell people that it’s not KPop in order for them to listen to a song you like

17. Last, but not least, there’s actually more, this is just the surface of it, people in general expect you to only listen to BTS or KPop

49 Share 32% Upvoted

ratmonster 8 days ago 0
    8 days ago

why do you think just because people like the same groups that automatically means we are a “family”. i don’t give a shit about any of you and i certainly don’t want to be a “family”. just like your kpop groups and mind your own buisness. that’s the problem with armys these days. lmfao i love bts but i’m not an army and i don’t want anything to do with any of them.

TechNerd 8 days ago 4
    8 days ago

As someone who likes BTS and enjoys their music, this "Persecution Complex" that is constantly being exhibited by BTS Fans/ARMY is really growing tiresome. Literally every K-Pop website or forum of late will contain threads started by ARMY's complaining, kvetching, belly-aching and just plain whining about "how misunderstood they are, not all of them are bad, other fandoms hate us, blah, blah, blah, ad infinitum".

Here's a simple formula for ARMY's to observe that will solve all your problems. You don't want to be seen as annoying? Then stop being annoying and constantly telling everyone how mistreated you all are. You want other fandoms to stop hating on you? Then don't put down other fandoms or attempt to distance yourself from K-Pop by referring to other fandoms as "K-Poppies".

ARMY's have done a remarkable thing with BTS and helped propel them to international superstardom. But the same fandom that helped their ascent will be the same ones that cause folks to lose interest in the group because of the toxic elements of the fandom.

flowerlantern 8 days ago 0
    8 days ago

This "Persecution Complex" as you call it, is real emotional hurt for some people. And I don't like to dismiss feelings.

I try to never talk about ARMY problems, but this is the place for it anyway.

I know what people think is annoying and I do not spam other fandoms or give hate to them. And I agree with you with the 'k-poppies' word, I don't like when ARMY use that. But I always try to educate people, not to hate them.

The thing is, your argument is invalid to me the moment you generalize a collective. We are all individuals with feelings. Let's try to not forget that. Of course I think all of this applies on ARMY and

viceversa. ARMY is just the bigger fandom right now

NekoMinSeo 8 days ago 2
    8 days ago

But the thing is we can't control everybody. Personally, I am an ARMY and I often find myself having to apologise for other ARMYs/BTS fans that find themselves to be entitled and rubbing other people the wrong way. That's the problem. Not everybody is like that, that is a fact, I know more ARMYs outside of AKP that are just the sweetest things ever, but since this obnoxious part of this fandom is..well..so obnoxious, and there's no denying that, then it's almost like that's everything other people see. I don't find fair to be stigmatized already from the sentence "I am an ARMY" when many people in this fandom don't even want to unnerve anybody, myself included. So it makes sense to be upset. I do agree though that if things go on like this, people will get turned off from BTS just because of that (superficial layer, if I might add) annoying portion of BTS fans, but right now I can only contribute on calling out the "bad eggs" and show that you can be an ARMY and you can be multifandom at the same time with no hard feelings. Hopefully it'll make some sort of difference...

Note: this article has good intentions, the thing is it just goes entirely wrong at it xD Like, BTS isn't separate from k-pop, I mean what? xD BTS has tried so hard to be considered both musicians and k-pop idols and take pride in it and then people separate them from it? I just don't know anymore sometimes. xD

2 more replies

DG225 8 days ago 0
    8 days ago

Why is this in the News section?

Sarahduck 8 days ago 0
    8 days ago

Um literally the dumbest article ever, and why tf would u put Kpop/army. Army is a kpop fandom, it not any different....

Anythingyg 8 days ago 2
    8 days ago

why are army and Kpop fan separate lmao y’all are kpop fans no matter how you feel ahshssjd. Bts ain’t the only group that’s hands on. NEXT y’all still crazy I see.

ByunBanRyu 7 days ago 1
    7 days ago

Armys are not k-pop fans, they're above us. They're supreme k-pop fans.

Anythingyg 7 days ago 0
    7 days ago

screw those pe lol

kizaru_hijin 8 days ago 23
    8 days ago

fake armys are the biggest problem, who are giving armys a bad image. those are the ones, who dont care about bts at all and only know how to bring shame to them with making a way too big hype over them, while hating on everyone else on a daily basis.

real armys and real fans of any idol are learning from their bias, to respect each other. many idols have some of their best friends in other groups, they also work together with other artists all the time and they are mature enough to know, how pathetic, childish, stupid and shameful it is, to act like this and attack others out of jealousy.

holdthisLnoobs 8 days ago 22
    8 days ago

I am a fake ARMY. I have multiple accounts on Twitter pretending to be an ARMY and bad mouthing other groups calling them shit and how they'll never compare to or be as successful, famous and rich like BTS. It works well.

RyenLux 8 days ago 20
    8 days ago

The person you're replying to is also a fake ARMY, so you two should get along just fine. XD

20 more replies

kizaru_hijin 7 days ago 0
    7 days ago

tells us a lot about your sad life...

dahyessi 8 days ago 0
    8 days ago

being a kpop fan doesn't equal being an army??? you don't want to be called a problematic/annoying fandom stop doing dumb shit like this ffs

RationalK 8 days ago 0
    8 days ago

It's a very simple problem you're describing: in any large group of people, there'll be a bunch of idiots. And there's nothing you can do about it, because when you tell stupid people they're stupid, they don't get it.

So there's also a very simple solution: Just like what you like, and be reasonable. Ignore idiots. Literally all your problems can be solved by that.

People think you are some way just because you like a certain group? -> Be reasonable, they'll change their views of you.

They don't change their views regardless? -> Proceed to step two: They're idiots, ignore.

Someone says you can't be multi-fandom? -> Idiots, ignore.

An ARMY you know is insulting other groups? -> Again, ignore.

LostinDream 8 days ago 0

Segregation.

For example, I was into Kpop way before I finally discovered BTS and I enjoyed belonging to a Kpop community. But after I became ARMY I started to feel segregation. As if being an army does not belong to the Kpop family anymore.

meses (Banned) 5 days ago 0
    5 days ago

Comment has been deleted

armyarohablink 7 days ago 0
    7 days ago

Look, yeah, these things are annoying, but there are other ways to deal with this than ranting on allkpop.

Yeah I'm an ARMY and I guess we're somewhat of a family but honestly we don't even know most of the other ARMYs out there we just like the same band.

No actually people don't expect you to like only BTS or one band they expect you to know more bands if they are true kpop fans

There are haters for everything

This is unnecessary

Allkpop needs to check what people are publishing

ByunBanRyu 7 days ago 0
    7 days ago

Why is this an article? Only Armys have these problems or only Armys are k-pop fans?

Alastair 8 days ago 1
    8 days ago

family? lmao, its just music and strangers online liking the same thing a you or hating on it. its really not that serious, block, don't engage, and listen to what you like. it's not that serious, I promise. y'all have bigger things to worry about other than someone no liking your bias group or fandom.

ByunBanRyu 7 days ago 0
    7 days ago

Damn right.

YumJam 8 days ago 1
    8 days ago

I like BTS. But I never gonna join their fandom. I surely don't want other fans hate me just for liking other groups than BTS and being multifandom. I definitely don't want to be responsible for shit other armys are pulling. And I for sure don't need other armys hating on me in case I won't like new BTS song. Happened to me already. I dared to say that Idol wasn't my thing and as a result many armys hated me, spammed my YT only for having my own mind and taste. So, no thank you. I will silently support BTS, listen to their songs (mostly from 2014-2016) and enjoy their music without being a part of fandom with horrible reputation.

ByunBanRyu 7 days ago 0
    7 days ago

Good strategy.

methodman88 8 days ago 0
    8 days ago

- Referring to trying to get the record for the most views in 24 hours I assume. Do you watch it solely to watch the video and listen to the song or is it the record you are after? Is this what you are referring to about how many times you can watch a video?

ibjiyongchy 8 days ago 0