Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF 8 days ago

K-pop artists hold 5 spots out of the top 10 for the most viewed MVs in the first 24 hours on YouTube

Psy, (Bangtan Boys) BTS, TWICE, Black Pink
K-pop acts are dominating with MV views.

According to an article by Forbes on November 8, K-pop artists occupy half of the top 10 most viewed MVs in the first 24 hours.

This August, BTS' MV for "IDOL" beat Taylor Swift's record and became the most viewed MV in the first 24 hours with 45 million views. Their MV for "Fake Love" also sits at #6 with 35.9 million views.

Black Pink with their MV for the hit song "DDU-DU DDU-DU" is at #4 with 36.2 million views. Psy's "Gentleman" MV comes in at #5 with 36 million views, and TWICE's latest MV for "Yes or Yes" rests at #7 with 31.4 million views.

The full list of top 10 most viewed MVs in the first 24 hours on YouTube can be found below.

1. BTS "IDOL" - 45 million views

2. Taylor Swift "Look What You Made Me Do" - 43.2 million views

3. Eminem "Killshot" - 38.1 million views

4. Black Pink "DDU-DU DDU-DU" - 36.2 million views

5. Psy "Gentlemen - 36 million views

6. BTS "Fake Love" - 35.9 million views

7. TWICE "Yes or Yes" - 31.4 million views

8. Nicky Jam "X (Equis)" - 29.7 million views

9. RedOne "Boom Boom" - 24.1 million views

10. Miley Cyrus "Wrecking Ball" - 22.6 million views
21 Share 76% Upvoted

desikyu 8 days ago 3
8 days ago

I love kpop, but this whole youtube view thing is such a ridiculous achievement. Non-kpop artists' fans are not obsessively streaming their mvs for imaginary award show points. Those view counts represent actual music interest. So the comparison is just not there.

MaeilKpop 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

LOL you expect me to believe that 43 million people watched Taylor Swift's MV on the first day? She has a very loyal fanbase, many of them teenagers, whom I'm sure are streaming for her too.

Rephudence 7 days ago 1
7 days ago

Imaginary points? I'm getting tired of hearing this, that's just plain ignorance. Some music shows take into account Youtube views.
Streaming gets MVs to hit the Youtube trending page which will get non-fans to check it out. Only BTS, Twice and Blackpink can consistently hit #1 Trending and the effort shows.
Not to mention high views and breaking records creates headlines thus exposure. Why do you think this article and countless others exist?

EDIT: seems people don't really get the point and need to look at the bigger picture. K-pop got to where it is today because of the fandom culture on Youtube.

desikyu 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

I'm well aware of how K music shows are calculated. And I'm as guilty of streaming to help a group as the next kpop fan.

I probably chose the wrong word with 'imaginary,' but these weekly award shows are clearly contrived to play on our obsessive fan loyalty and get us buying multiple albums and digital streaming passes etc. It's a pure exercise in corporatism, even more so than normal for the music industry. So you can never compare Kpop MV counts (or album counts etc) with other non-kpop mvs and their unique listeners/fans. Kpop is still a genre that is often more about fandoms than music, so trending doesn't always equal talent.

walkertexasrange 8 days ago 1
8 days ago

Kpop fans are bat shit crazy. But then again Steve Jobs said “The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do!

Army_of_Inspirit 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

Amen to that

xhecthor 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

This just means K-Pop fans have a lot of free time and nothing better to do...

Indri_hapsari 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

I am glad twice is on the list n thank u for youtube to verified yes or yes views in 24 hours..we got 28,6 but youtube confirmed it 31,4 ..thank u

hiroonakamura 8 days ago 5
8 days ago

great stuff, If only youtube views actually mattered...

teleri 8 days ago 0
8 days ago

Oh, they do, sweetie.

eottoke 8 days ago 3
8 days ago

of course it matters. they can generate profits through youtube views. that’s why there are many vloggers/youtubers these days.

3 more replies

hyukki 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

That's great! Now it is time for BEST SONG of the YEAR!

SharCx 8 days ago 1
8 days ago

exo had their grand comeback but didn't even make the list? reminds me of the those ridiculous goals i've seen from them on youtube lmfao

Army_of_Inspirit 7 days ago 0
7 days ago

What did they get?

Sehunicron 8 days ago 3
8 days ago

none of my favs are here :(

there should be something from exo, suju and nct

and god7

Mhizdarhmey 7 days ago 2
7 days ago

then you should work more.... Those songs are not sitting there out of nowhere.. Their fans worked for it... So i think your fandom should fuel your working spirit more

Sehunicron 7 days ago 1
7 days ago

thats a weird thing to say. you think i can change the rankings of the top 10 youtube views by myself? i'm thankful for your faith in me but i think you overstate my abilities. contrary to what you seem to believe, sehunicr0n is not a supernatural entity.

i never said those songs were there out nowhere. they were voted for by droves of people with terrible taste and ulterior motives. i know exactly where they came from, thats not the issue

i'm just saying i wish some good songs were there to represent kpop

i hate all the songs up there, so you can't expect me not to wish something better was there, but these are the songs a bunch of braindead snowflakes voted for, purchased and viewed a lot. its not a mystery

but to imply that i can correct the misguided actions of 10 million teenaged losers with multiple accounts and their parents' credit cards is just giving me too much credit

Mhizdarhmey 7 days ago 0
7 days ago
​the 'you' i used i is a general term for your fandom not only you... Plus let's get down to the music.. The songs are what?? Tell me or show me the lyrics or song you produces that made you confident that those songs are bad... I don't just get people's problem..if you don't like something then you abstain from it... Why bother criticizing others hard work... People like you should be seated down and talk sense into... I don't like some songs up there and i personally think ddu ddu should not be there but that's just my own opinion... Others love it nd i respect that... Just because your faves aren't there doesn't make other songs trash so i hope you correct that mentality of yours If u have ever streamed or bought exo album then that adjective you used for fans up their also pertain to you.. Is it your money? Is it your time or energy? Let others live how they want, you have no say in their lives.... Condeming people is just devilish... I hope you repent from that mindset

allkpop in your Inbox