Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by elliefilet AKP STAFF 20 days ago

Hyeyeon to leave Gugudan due to health issues

Hyeyeon, Gugudan, Hyeyeon
Hyeyeon is confirmed to be leaving Gugudan due to health issues.

On October 25, Jellyfish Entertainment released an official statement explaining the decision was made after multiple discussions about her future and career. The agency stated, "Hyeyeon will be ending her activities with Gugudan. The decision was made after frequent discussions about the future career path and activities in the entertainment industry for Hyeyeon, who has been dedicated to her studies since May while taking a break for health reasons."

Jellyfish continued, "Though she'll be discontinuing with Gugudan, she'll continue on under Jellyfish Entertainment. Please continue to love and support Hyeyeon and the remaining 8 members."

Gugudan will promote with 8 members for their upcoming return with their 3rd mini album on November 6. In related news, Hyeyeon started an official hiatus this past May because of of her health. Stay tuned for updates on Hyeyeon and Gugudan.

SEE ALSO: [Interview] Ask anything and everything: Send us your questions for Minzy!

24 Share 78% Upvoted

lilyirwin39 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

That is a bit disappointing, but if it means her health will get better and she will get much needed rest, then the decision is okay. I would rather want to see her happy and healthy rather than in pain and sad. I think every fan of gugudan would like to see that.

NORM 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

The jinx of naming ur groups after the number of members :(

Hope she gets well

Winston 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

to be honest back in 2009, there wasnt so many cases of "Leaving the group due to health issues"

2009, Hangeng did use that reason to file for leave from Super Junior.

but i notice in recent years, there are many more incidents where idol group members, boy or girl, file to leave the group or have a hiatus due to health issues.

I think its a great concern that some agencies are pushing their idols too hard, if the agency gave gugudan only 3 or 4 work days, i dun think she will need to leave the group due to poor health. Sure the group may not get so much income from not having so many events to goto to sing and dance. but you might get healthier artistes, and i see some groups rush from cities to cities to perform often spending hours in transit while their managers speeds down the highway on icy roads in winter, a recipe for accident.

i do hope the "health reason" is true and not some cover up by the agency over the real reason.

Hope she rest and recover and maybe take some time to do some song writing, and one day, she might grow up to be another singer-song writer like IU.

Winston 20 days ago 4
20 days ago

Naming groups with numbers that signify the number of members isnt a good idea, group names like B1A4 (1 Blood Type B, 4 Blood Type A), also now have under 5 members, 4Men, 9Muses etc, and some groups have numbers in their names but dun match the number of members, like Pentagon, Seventeen etc.

nnani 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

B1A4 stands for Be the One All For one. B1A4, the blood types was a minor reason behind the name.

elitejay3452 20 days ago 2
20 days ago

I mean Seventeen did end up making a new signification for their name (I think at first they were supposed to be ana ctual group of 17 members but some dropped out because their parents wouldn't want them to join or such), their new signification is as follows : 13 members, 3 units, 1 family (13+3+1=17) but I can understand your comment, and your point of view.

2 more replies

thealigirl8 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

this is why numbers shouldn't be in group names. wishing hyeyeon all the best!

Rand_Al_Thor 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

That is too bad. Hyeyeon is super fun, and a really good dancer. Her dancing on WI was one of the Highlights of Gugudan's first appearance on the show.

Nabong20 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

OT9 FOREVER!!!! I hope that she'll return in the future even if the chances are very little BUT I'M HOPEFUL!!!

Jdan4_xx 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

She still under jellyfish tho so she could return after her studies finish or health becomes better

Jonis 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

Gugudan Samina is good.

thise three that matters.

seulgipringles 19 days ago 0
19 days ago

wth :(

Ah_Chuu 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

I'm very sad to hear it, she is a real talent and I suspect Jellyfish saw her potential to become a very popular member once the group overcame the 'Sejeong effect'. She will be missed.

Star 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Hyeyeon was one of my biases in Gugudan..It's heartbreaking but I hope the best for her future

insummer 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

All the best to Hyeyeon. The decision is totally understandable since I think it's the best for her at this moment. I've been watching over Gugudan since debut and it breaks my heart to see how people recklessly throw hurtful comments at them. They are all talented and kind but suddenly people turn them into dead weight or want to get rid of them as if they are object.

nnani 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

I hope she gets better but tbh it bothers me when people do this stuff. What was the point of training all those years just to leave cause of "school" and "health" it's called a hiatus for a reason and a hiatus is always unlimited. It bothers me especially with Kris (yes I hate all 3, Kris, Tao and Luhan) and Choa. Kris left cause of "health issues" and "having a bad heart and working isn't good" meanwhile he fucking acts in AMERICAN action movies which are 10 times more intense that Korean and Chinese ones, AND plays Basketball? Like okay clout seeker. Choa too, she left for what reason? Choa was legit most people's favorite and never faced a Rumor, and Seolhyun was the one who was bullied since her trainee days from their trainer and coach. She is also the most hardworking one, which cfs, and photoshoots across the ocean and continent. She left AOA just to solo promote which is literally no different that being in a group minus the fact you're solo. I'm not saying Hyeyeon is doing this, but I don't get why you don't go on a hiatus. What was the point of all that training -_- if you're going to leave for health reasons (which legit EVERYONE gets sick) then don't become an idol :/

JakeyWantsCakey 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

I wonder whether they'll add a new 9th member or not? Their name is literally supposed to mean 9x9, isn't it?

Exo_Leia 20 days ago 0

Aww I really liked her in GugudanOguOgu, hope she gets better soon <3

hellos123 20 days ago 0

MaeilKpop 20 days ago 1
20 days ago

JinE, Choa, Yulhee, Eunjin and now Hyeyeon too??? I'm fcking sick of losing precious girl group members, the industry and netizens need to treat them better.

Winston 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

unfortunately the demand for kpop, and also the fact that there are too many competition out there, that if you skip or turn down a event request, the organiser will just ask another girl group, and forget about you, hence the agency tend to take or accept any events that come along and push the girls to do it, and all the while they have so little sleep and diet to keep to a ridiculous low weight of 44 or 48kg, and when they hit 50 or 52 netizens blast them for being chubby and having love handles.

Rita2020 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Sorry but I didn't notice her absence, I like gugudan but I only now the name of two members

allkpop in your Inbox