Suran says she didn't intend to use BTS for the success of her new album

By yckim124   24 days ago   85,183   6,930   40
suga,suran

Suran talked about the ''BTS Effect'' at the press conference for her 1st mini album 'Walkin'.

The R&B singer's new album includes a track titled ''Wine'' which is produced by SUGA. The song quickly topped music charts following its release.

At the press conference on May 31, Suran explained that she did not have any intentions to but did benefit from the ''BTS Effect''.

SEE ALSO: BTS fans help #AGUSTD trend worldwide!

Suran said, "I admit that the success was possible because I worked with a member of BTS but I definitely did not just work with him for the intentions of marketing. I wanted to create and experience music while working with various artists and I still want to work with many others."

She added, "SUGA is the student of a close rapper oppa I know. I came to know SUGA after he offered me to feature in his mixtape. Producer SUGA might seem like marketing but my label didn't know about this at all until I showed them the final production. Later on, my agency realized that this was a big deal. However, nothing was intended.''

The full release of Suran's 1st mini album 'Walkin' is set for June 2.

1. SUGA
    2. Suran

mango_91 22 days ago

Is this some kind of apology? She didn´t need to but rather be thankful.

LveKimTae 23 days ago

Suga+Suran=Perfect Collaboration

chaelicen 23 days ago

it's good that she benefitted from suga producing because honestly, she deserves it. and obviously they are close, she featured on suga's mixtape, so he probably wanted to return the favor or something. i love wine and so far away, and i can't wait to see what the future brings for both bts/suga and suran.

Blue82 23 days ago

Yoongi approached her first to feature on his song so there wasn't anything wrong with her collaborating on one of her songs afterwards. I think it's great when artists do collaborations because we often get to see styles and sides of them that we normally don't see. She also said Yoongi helped her through her depression so if nothing else her mental health improved from their friendship.

cyrstel 23 days ago

I got to know her thru Yoongi having her as a featured singer on  So Far Away, but WINE is such a good song itself. Her voice is captivating. I am always looking forward for more of her song releases. There's nothing more to say than she has an AMAZING voice that soothes.

Daedae819 23 days ago

So far away and wine are so good, I would want them to make more songs.

VeronicaVenus 23 days ago

im sure she didnt

mypcy 23 days ago

But even if she did, so what? Isn't that kind of the whole collab in music industry? Some artists may need a little push and maybe this is for her? And there is nothing wrong with that.

Ayva 24 days ago

We been knew

RAS33 24 days ago

Isn't this a no brainer. Suga was the one who reached out to her for so far away.

vav