Social Media

Perez Hilton's comments about BTS' sexuality angers fans

By jennywill   Sunday, May 21, 2017   330,411   24,504   466
bts

BTS is currently making history at the BBMAs, but fans are furious about Perez Hilton's comments.

The boys were giving out interviews with American media outlets as the first K-pop group to ever attend the BBMAs. Blogger Perez Hilton was also following the event, and he tweeted the following:

The comment angered many people, who believed the comment disrespected BTS. He also later tweeted:

which caused distaste among fans as well. What do you think of the tweets?

1. (Bangtan Boys) BTS

Sami_Lee 25 days ago

people be sensitive

oooxtina Wednesday, May 24, 2017

they are overreacting -____- he is just showing love in his own way

Haneefah Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Idk this dude nor do I know if he's gay but.. its perfectly normal to have him falling for our boys xD Idols do that to ppl (make them question their sexuality) :p though I guess he could have been more.. discreet (?)

BigBlueagain Haneefah 30 days ago

Peres is a lot of things. Discreet ain't one of them. He's a gossip blogger and general shit stirrer. He was actually complimenting them... in his way.

Haneefah BigBlueagain 28 days ago

ofc ofc, I undertand but its also understandable why some fans would be angry..

cmerle1 Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Perez Hilton is such an asshole (no pun intended}, I'm not surprised he said these comments. Look in the mirror before you start making comments you idiot.

FoReal cmerle1 28 days ago

Oh my dear lawd. Do people like you not get satirical jokes??? Come on. Especially coming from Perez, it's just a freaking darn joke from him commenting on how good looking BTS is as a group. Nothing more, nothing less. If he tweeted something like "Oh my god, they're so delicious. I would **** them in the *****", then THAT'S NOT okay. Do you see a difference now? Geezus, so many people taking things so literal that it really gets under my skin sometimes.

bangeryun94 FoReal 27 days ago

Maybe you should stay away from the comments and get that drag rash checked

Ryan_F Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Lmao the hypocrisy from netizens, if this were any average gay fanboy people would be fine with it, but because its Perez they assume its some kind of attack on BTS. It seems pretty clear that he's just trying to make jokey and fun comments to show that he likes them.

Elisabeth_V_M Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Never heard of him but ew

Seventin Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Tbh I don't think he's dissing BTS in any way. He's just plain curious if any of them are gay. Because the boy groups (as well as girl groups) in Korea are pretty tight when it comes to friendship and are really open with skinship, which the American culture isn't really used to seeing boys who are that intimate with each other.

FoReal Seventin 28 days ago

Thank you. Exactly. And I'm pretty sure Perez said that because he thinks BTS are very handsome as a group (to which the vast majority of us agree) in a more comical tone. It fathoms me how so many fans are taking Perez's tweet so literal and in the wrong context.

OppaBean Tuesday, May 23, 2017

A stupid comment from a even stupider man. Army who never heard of him, don't waste your time or give him any of yours by responding to his social accounts. He is extremely irrelevant. We know our boys, this douchebag don't.

bangeryun94 Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Like he would EVER have a chance if any of them were.

Sam091094 Monday, May 22, 2017

Like I said. America has more freedom of speech than any other countries. I understand if you're a little kid asking ridiculous questions. But you're a freaking grown up. I can't completely blame her since that's her job. But I guess what people think of her is okay as long as she's doing it for her job.

bangeryun94 Sam091094 Tuesday, May 23, 2017

PEREZ Hilton not Paris Hilton. Perez is a male.

cmerle1 bangeryun94 Tuesday, May 23, 2017

An openly gay male

bangeryun94 cmerle1 Tuesday, May 23, 2017

And?

cmerle1 bangeryun94 Tuesday, May 23, 2017

You're right, sorry about that. I find a lot of his comments distasteful though.

bangeryun94 cmerle1 Tuesday, May 23, 2017

I certainly don't like him but it's because he is not a very nice human being. I don't like his method of outing men and women who are gay and make no secret of it, they just choose not to focus all their time and effort on their sexual preferences.

vav