Dramas

Park Seo Joon shares thoughts on the poor results of his past drama 'Hwarang'

By yckim124   10 days ago   116,984   9,143   34
park-seo-joon

Park Seo Joon spoke up about the poor results of KBS's 'Hwarang', his last production.

'Hwarang', with its star-studded cast including Go Ara, BTS's V, SHINee's Minho, and more garnered immense attention and excitement even before it started airing. Unfortunately, the drama seemed to have failed to live up to the high expectations, earning low viewership ratings until the end. It also gained negative reviews from netizens who watched.

SEE ALSO: AOA's Seolhyun gains the attention of Monaco Royalty?

At the press conference for his new KBS drama 'Fight My Way' on May 18, Park Seo Joon was asked about the poor results of 'Hwarang'.

The actor commented, "As an actor, I believe you lose the standard once you start weighing what is more important. I've always given my best in all productions." He continued, "I also carry the responsibility of the results, but it can't come out the way I expect it. Of course, it would be nice if a production does well, but I think it's more important how much fun we have, how happy the set is, as well as finishing everything up without any problems."

'Fight My Way' starring Park Seo Joon and Kim Ji Won will start airing on May 22!

1. Park Seo Joon
    2. hwarang
    3. fight-my-way

meltx 7 days ago

Very true. Do not be discouraged just because one drama ended up being low-rated. Sometimes you get high, sometimes you get low. There are still plenty of other opportunities. Loving the optimistic view.

Skyepop 8 days ago

V was the best part of that drama but he didn't have enough screen time. :(

GENTLE_T 9 days ago

was planning to watch it but not anymore.....waiting for his next drama

OGTrashKan 9 days ago

I watched a few episodes back when it came out... I didn't think it was too bad! It was funny and I'm a sucker for historical shows and fashion anyway. Plus V was in it😋

abdalminator 9 days ago

too bad, great cast as historical boy group

raiden_legacy 10 days ago

The chemistry failed in Hwarang.. and a lot oc "Hwarangs" without sense.. I don't like the Drama too... poor Park Seo Joon, I love his role on "Wich's Romance"

li_xiao_yan 10 days ago

Can't blame the actors if the writers, producers, editors, directors made and displayed a lack luster story. Perhaps they hired these popular actors to save their sinking script?

dem09 10 days ago

I was quite excited about the cast but the plot line disappointed me. A lot of questions were left unanswered for example; what became of Sunwoo's illness?. I think Go Ara's quite talented and was looking forward to her chemistry with Seo Joon. I hope they appear in movie or another drama again.

SoJamLove 10 days ago

It was definitely a disappointment for me too. I think a lot of scenes were unnecessary and sometimes the side stories were more interesting than the main ones. I actually really like Go Ara but I guess her character/acting was quite irksome sometimes. I actually stopped watching it because the story was dragging

cyrstel 10 days ago

The plot was totally dragging. Many scenes is unnecessary and did not contribute to the story. Side stories are more interesting than the actual main plot. You can all together skip episode 1-10 and still can understand the story, and I would recommend skipping those eps for those who wants to watch it. And choosing Go Ara is a wrong move, she's pretty but her acting is so dry. IDK if it's because of her that irritated me or it's because that's how really her character was portrayed. And maybe, the last reason why is because KBS hyped it so much that people really anticipated more too. So, when it did not reach those expectations, the backlash was also bad.

totes