Variety

Actor Ahn Hyo Seop reveals he almost debuted as a member of GOT7

By yckim124   6 days ago   97,849   16,476   26
got7,ahn-hyo-seop

Actor Ahn Hyo Seop revealed that he almost became a member of GOT7.

On the May 18 broadcast of 'Happy Together 3', Ahn Hyo Seop shared that he was a JYP Entertainment trainee.

He explained, "I don't know how they knew but JYP Rookie Development Team gave me a call when I was studying abroad in Canada and that's how I got into JYPE. At the time, I practiced with the GOT7 members and was preparing to debut but I couldn't fit in because I lacked talent and I was too tall." He added, "I felt like I was standing out alone. I didn't like my tall height back then."

SEE ALSO: GOT7 drop the full music video for 'My Swagger'

Can you imagine the 6'2" Ahn Hyo Seop in GOT7?

1. GOT7
  2. Ahn Hyo Seop
  3. happy together 3

clover_06 2 days ago

at the time that got7 was still training to be got7, only jj project were shoo-ins for debut, as yugyeom once mentioned. mark and jackson were around their age so they were considered for it too,  probably with some other trainees but yugbam weren't, because they were deemed too young, and youngjae wasn't added until 7 months before debut, so when ahn hyoseop was training to be in got7, he really would have stood out so much, since the tallest member is gyeom, and he's only started to grow so much, reaching 180, after their debut.

BTSiGOT7 6 days ago

hahahahah the photoshopped GOT8

ziyueee 6 days ago

UMMMMM ???? WUTTTTTTT

An1meLoVers 6 days ago

I love him!! I watch my father is strange because of him and his partner!!! They were so cute and funny~ No matter how many times i watch their cuts my heart goes *ba-thump* everytime watching it

way0leto 6 days ago

love him in father is strange!!! hope he have more screen time! love him in Queen of the ring too...

beatz_hl 6 days ago

thats so old, he was in a show program with Jackson and they say it!

mihaella 6 days ago

is he the guy from Father is strange?

boiceherenthere mihaella 6 days ago

Yes he is....I need more Cheol Soo/Ra-Young in ma' life

Ohayosan 6 days ago

Too tall? more like too hot. BA DUM TSS. Nah but really, too tall??

OGTrashKan 6 days ago

Is 6'2 considered tall???? Lol! If he had debuted, wouldn't it be Got8???? Mind blown!😂

voidending OGTrashKan 6 days ago

To them it is. 188cm. GOT7 isn't even a tall group. He would stick out. lol

Snmiles 6 days ago

I knew this because because​ hyo seop did a super cute episode of celebrity bromance with Jackson where they​ reminisce about trainee days. And you can still see the love between them.

charged