Minzy talks about the most memorable moment with 2NE1

By yckim124   12 days ago   109,938   9,676   70
2NE1,Minzy

Minzy held her solo debut showcase on April 17.

The former 2NE1 member shared how she came to make her solo debut, and explained, "It happened smoothly because my contract came to an end. With my contract ending (with YG Entertainment), I had to make a decision to show a new, improved musical side of me."

SEE ALSO: 2PM's Taecyeon discusses the topics of entering the Western market, joining the army, and more

Next, Minzy was asked about her most memorable moment with 2NE1. She answered, "I think the most memorable moment is our performance together at 'MAMA'."

She also talked about her former boss Yang Hyun Suk, and said, "He's the one who saw me grow since I was in 5th grade. I think he'll be proud of me releasing this album. I believe he'll be supporting me and I will be 'fighting' on."

1. 2NE1
  2. Minzy

YoUrAvErAgEVIP 11 days ago

Interesting. I wonder if YG does support her

ygbabes 12 days ago

Wait, this is the same writer who cut off half of minzy's interview right? yeah, the one who wrote "Minzy compares YG entertainment and her current label music works".

ziyueee 12 days ago

AWWWWWW i knew minzy will say MAMA 2015 2009-2015 WAS DAAAAA BEST MAMA EVER :) :')

Joyful_Kisa 12 days ago

When Bom got caught smuggling drugs?

elly2k 12 days ago

My reaction to Minzy's answers so - pfft!

kpoplolita 12 days ago

Nooo  one will forget mama 😍

kpoplolita 12 days ago

In yo face ygfam haters

NoonaVip kpoplolita 12 days ago

They won't respond. These exact words of Minzy is exactly what we have been trying to relay to them but they are quiet like Clarisse in Silence of the lamb lol

NoonaVip 12 days ago

You should've stayed as Minzy from 2ne1 girl.

melenay NoonaVip 12 days ago

why? There was no future for her there... YG is too busy with the newbies.

NoonaVip melenay 12 days ago

I stand by MY OPINION. Thanks.

youcangoeatshit NoonaVip 12 days ago

Why so defensive? All melenay asked was WHY. Thanks.

NoonaVip youcangoeatshit 12 days ago

Lmao that was defensive? Because I don't feel like explaining myself. Why do I owe any of you an explanation. Also just capitalized the key words. Maybe YOU took it to heart 😊

youcangoeatshit NoonaVip 12 days ago

Oh really? Yeah of course you don't owe anyone any explanations. No no no I love 2NE1 and their members individually, I couldn't care less about whether she is soloing or not. I don't take such things to heart. Though your opinion is fine, but replying with just a pointless statement makes one wonder why did you even bother replying melenay in the first place. =)

NoonaVip youcangoeatshit 12 days ago

Uh because I have the option to reply back or not just like how you had the option to waste your precious time to talk to me because.........???? 😂

vkrisihanp NoonaVip 12 days ago

She's still Minzy from 2ne1 girl. she's just following her dreams like Dara is doing like CL started doing 2 years ago before her when she was ust sitting there in YG basement with no absolute work...people need to feed themselves you know.

ButabutaBingo NoonaVip 11 days ago

that is shit load of selfishness right thre

NoonaVip vkrisihanp 11 days ago

I still stand by my opinion. Thanks for comprehending all so well. You guys certainly live life the hard way.

NoonaVip ButabutaBingo 11 days ago

Selfishness is cool. Even people who decide quit everything to follow their dreams has to start with selfishness. Let's keep the hypocrisy to a minimum 😌

queenlala 12 days ago

People need to stop hating on her. She's following her dreams and doing what makes her happy. If she stayed with Yg she'd be stuck in the basement like let's be honest. 2ne1 hadn't had a comeback in like what 2-3 years. Bom was in hiding, Cl was in America and Dara was acting and doing variety shows ... where the hell was minzy, yg could've easily made her go on variety shows or have a solo debut or anything but no he kept her in the basement with No schedules or anything. Heck i'd leave after 3 months let alone 2-3 years. I feel like we've been hearing way more news about her and seeing her way more just in the past 3 months than the past 8 years while she was in 2ne1. She's on a variety show and she's making music

kpoplolita queenlala 12 days ago

Minzy hass poor variety skills as proven the many times she appeared with 21, her mom and by herself. Unnies helps her bcz she has somi who adores and idolizes minzy. Together they are a good combo but somi carries the variety part while minzy is the mature and quiet introvert one. Its the first time shes interacting on tv with others outside of her comfort bubble and 2ne1. i doubt minzys speaking personality will change but as long as she aces and continues to excel in other areas, ppl will overlook her mediocre variety skills.

NoonaVip queenlala 12 days ago

Lol 2ne1 barely mentioned? You actually THINK the director or coordinator of Unnies casted Minzy solely based on her talent? lol and this is not bashing her talent either as I do know Minzy is a great singer and cool dancer. However, let's not be naive to think that she got the unnies role because she is just a little girl name Minzy with talent. She is Minzy in 2ne1 who decided to leave 2ne1 . Possible got ratings 😐

vkrisihanp queenlala 12 days ago

southclubstan 12 days ago

Honestly I feel like she is using 2ne1 to get fans and wants blackjacks to join her fandom.But minji and 2ne1 are totally different things

kd6502 southclubstan 12 days ago

nah, blackjacks should support Minzy. It's fine if they dont like her music as much or don't stan her as an individual, but there's no reason for blackjacks to abandon her or hate on her. if you look at her recent activities -- unnies slam dunk, variety shows -- 2NE1 is barely ever mentioned. she has gained fans/notability for nothing other than her talent, which is what her appearances are showcasing.

kpoplolita kd6502 12 days ago

hi just to correxct you, minzy appeared on one show and rest are magazine and fashion spreads. they dont talk openly about 2ne1 but they have mentioned it many times and its mostly the show. i.e. when they were prepping with killahgramz for rapping individually . the tall and older skinny unnie had 2ne1 'fire' printed on the back where she was trying to come up with lyrics. idc if they mention 2ne1 or not, BJS support minzy even if they felt certain songs fromher album sucked balls but slow and steady is the way to go when you downgrade to less financially stable company who basically rely on minzys success now. right now shes at 35 in melon top 50 and shes declining. Only ninano is on the charts and apparently if u are debuting in Sk k-charts matter more than itunes. BJs are doing their best but the public isnt warming upto the title track, unfortunately. Still we are happy for minzy and seems like 2ne1 is supporting her as well including YHS.

4sara12 southclubstan 12 days ago

Minzy and 2ne1 are different things? LOOOL ARE YOU OKAY? She is 1/4 of 2ne1

kd6502 kpoplolita 11 days ago

also to correct you, minzy has appeared in the on Unnies Slam Dunk, Immortal Song, Masked Best Singer, and Hello Counselor this month. That's four, not one show. And her appearances have mostly showcased her talent, not spent as much time talking about her group. And yeah her song hasn't done that great but it's an uphill battle, and I agree with you that we should be happy supporting minzy.

really