Group Chat
General Chat
TWICE Chat
EXO Chat

Suho says SM Entertainment gave him pressure for being the last artist on SM Station

By yckim124   14 days ago   51,195   11,452   21
EXO,Suho

EXO's Suho revealed that he was given pressure by his label for being the last artist on SM Station!

The first season of SM Entertainment's music channel came to an end with Suho's "Curtain". On the February 13 airing of 'Blue Night', Suho talked about his solo release, and said, "It's been 5 years since EXO debuted. I was able to release a solo track 'Curtain' on SM Station on our 5th year."

SEE ALSO: SM Entertainment speaks up about Indian film 'Kannayya' that plagiarized EXO's songs for their OST

He continued, "It felt special to be the finale. My label gave me a lot of pressure, though. They told me, 'It has to be good, so take responsibility and do it seriously. We're looking forward to it.' The recording took about 2-3 hours and editing the recording also took multiple takes. The composer was very detailed. It felt like something was lacking but we didn't know exactly what. I recorded the first part so many times. I don't even know which one they ended up using."

Have you listened to Suho's "Curtain"

1. EXO
  2. Suho
  3. blue night

WhitePInkRose 12 days ago

the song is good

WinterWeiss 13 days ago

All I know is Suho is a great person as an individual and as an idol. Great job and great song Suho. Please keep it up. Who knows, right? :)

trogdorthe8th 13 days ago

I don't stan Suho, but if we're being honest, is there ever a time when SM isn't putting the pressure on him? I may not be a huge fan of him (I don't dislike him let me be clear, I'm just saying he's not one of my favorites in EXO), but I do have a ton of respect for him given the hell he's had to go through before, during and after debut. But the guy seriously handles pressure like a champ, so whether you stan him or not, it's clear they picked the right guy for the position of leader in the group.

junmoneyyyy trogdorthe8th 13 days ago

agree completely. suho isn't really my bias either (contrary to what my username may lead you to think), but I have a lot of respect for the guy and wish him all the best

kacichan 14 days ago

He did great. I'm very proud of him. Our wonderful leader.

dahkiwoo22 14 days ago

the tittle is misleading, stop trying to make suho look bad as he's trash talking about SM

molowidomo 14 days ago

Last month i managed to pull my first five figure paycheck ever!!! I've been working for this company online for 2 years now and i never been happier... They are paying me $95/per hour and the best thing is cause i am not that tech-savy, they only asked for basizing experience working with them and i wanted to share this with you, because they are looking for new people to join their team now and i highly recommend to everyone to apply... Visit following page for more information=============================  https://W­­W­­W.­m­o­n­e­y­t­i­m­e­1­0­.C­­O­­M

rain_bw 14 days ago

It's SM attacking again ppl, and the worst part is always to it's own employees. Same what happened with RV's Joy with this last comeback when she was hurt by her knee (I guees) and she looked really bad on stage and eventhough her "agency" knew about it, they gave it a f**k. The poor girl was in pain, and this guy was pressured. SM just thinks about money. All the Sm artists are nice ppl imo, but their agency is fucked up. Really.

Eithra rain_bw 14 days ago

Suho was 'pressured' to do his best. It's not that different from parents pressurizing children to do their best in exams and come out on top. -_-

rain_bw Eithra 14 days ago

No, he said, that he had a lot of pressure, and the way he said it was the typical way of how SM treats their artists. What is your response about what happened to the poor Joy?

Eithra rain_bw 14 days ago

His own words: My label gave me a lot of pressure, though. They told me, 'It has to be good, so take responsibility and do it seriously. We're looking forward to it.'

rain_bw Eithra 14 days ago

And honestly, have you heard something like that at least coming from the other to BIG agencies? JYP AND YG? no, the would never stress their employees like that.

rain_bw 13 days ago

SM is crap, and you didn't gave me a response about RV's Joy, by the way.

Eithra rain_bw 13 days ago

Actually I'm pretty sure that they do pressure their groups and soloists but we don't hear about it. I know that JYPE is pushing TWICE. As for Joy I didn't say anything because I don't know whether SM knew or not. And it could have been her choice. I doubt that SM is that heartless. Besides, you're forgetting that Chinese, Japanese and Koreans in general work harder than most other people. -_-

rain_bw Eithra 13 days ago

But not in Korea. I mean they work so hard but SM knew about Joy's problem but it was in the first days of promotions so, they didn't care. AoA's Yuna had a leg problem on promotions aswell, but FNC immediatley took her away and then she appeared singing in a chair.

junmoneyyyy rain_bw 13 days ago

what do you mean other agencies dont do that??? yg is known for putting crazy pressure on their more successful artists like bb and 2ne1

rain_bw junmoneyyyy 13 days ago

I know YG has been making horrible mistakes lately. I cannot deny that. Respects for JYPE.

junmoneyyyy rain_bw 13 days ago

I really JYP the person but I feel like the agency hasn't been doing so well either :( they literally let suzy outshine the rest of miss a and they have given twice more importance then any other group (which is understandable because they have been performing well commercially but i still feel bad for their other groups). they have left so many great artists in the basement

eve_shiny 14 days ago

no wonder to song is superb

angelisme 14 days ago

It's because they trust you babe with something this important <3

Raikko 14 days ago

Poor Suho! At least he is rewarded with beautiful Kang Sora in his MV. I like the song 'Cutain' and he sang well!

not today