Group Chat
General Chat

Gossip

Fans furious at Indian movie 'Kannayya' for blatantly plagiarizing EXO's songs for their OST

By yckim124   5 days ago   119,052   12,585   201

EXO's songs are plagiarized by an Indian film and fans are furious.

Out of the five OSTs for the Indian film 'Kannayya', it's claimed that two of them sound exactly the same as EXO's songs. The second track "Dhamki Maar'' is claimed to be a plagiarized version of EXO's "Growl," and the 5th track "Baby Kanipinchav" is claimed to be a copy of EXO's "Baby Don't Cry."

SEE ALSO: SM Entertainment speaks up about Indian film 'Kannayya' that plagiarized EXO's songs for their OST

As you can tell from the audio clip above, the OSTs sound greatly similar to the songs of EXO. Currently, many fans are demanding the makers of 'Kannayya' to apologize and take out the plagiarized tracks from their OSTs.

Angered fans commented, "How can you do this to exo's songs... I am an Indian and a proud exo-l. If you wanted to create jukebox why destroy their(exo) hard work. Huh? Who gave you the right to do so you idiot?", "Gosh.. this is really plagiarism", "APOLOGIZE TO EXO AND EXO FANS!! HOW DARE YOU COPY THAY SONG! SH*T."

Many EXO fans have also disliked the video.

Listen to the controversial OSTs yourself (@4:20 and @14:30 above). UPDATE: Fans are also mentioning that the first song stole LC9's "Mama Beat."

1. EXO
  2. Kannayya

DEVILSADVOCATE6 2 days ago

shitty south indian, i am guessing it is tamil, no wonder! such a disgrace, i am an indian too and cuz of a damn Tamil, it is so fucking embarrassing. screw yourself well man

GeorgeFayne DEVILSADVOCATE6 1 day ago

Damn sure you are North Indian..like honestly, did you even check?? it's Teulgu..get your facts right, idiot!

Love_k_pop_bands 2 days ago

How can they do this.....ufffffff ughhhh...... From this action they show how much they have low  standard all exo-l are extremely angry .....in this movie  they copied 2 or 3 song ughhhhh.... We love Korean bands especially exooo..♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and their songs are extremely good and best

DEVILSADVOCATE6 2 days ago

wishing this guy get his ass sued big time by SM so that he can never ever dream of plagiarizing ever again in his life

Bangtan_Kookie 2 days ago

It is really disgusting to plagiarise songs and as a kpop and exo fan, this really pisses me off! But as an Indian, I would like to let all the others here who are unaware know that this movie does not fall under Bollywood. India is divided in the sense that South India is sort of like a separate country....As such, they have their own entertainment industry. While I am really angry and disappointed about this, I think Bollywood should not be bashed for this.

fxdore 2 days ago

even the lyrics are the same ughh the music director is such a disgrace to indian infustry

zoeliu 3 days ago

those songs sounds urghhh what were they thinking plagiarizing them OMG

istari 3 days ago

There's also a Indian film called 'Pencil' that's copied of a Korean movie called 'Fourth Period Mystery'. I got really angry at how no one noticed. And then VIXX got plagiarized and now EXO!!! It makes me really frustrated and angry as an Indian and how they think they can do it without being noticed

fxdore istari 2 days ago

actually pencil gave credit to fourth period mystery its a remake actually

yooonoon 3 days ago

What the fuck?! Why cant they write their own songs with the creativity they have for their movies..? To plagiarise songs like that and call it your own is fuckt up

chelseadenisse 3 days ago

The third song copies Jason Derulo's It Girl

Bangtan_Kookie chelseadenisse 2 days ago

What are you saying bro XD?

chelseadenisse Bangtan_Kookie 2 days ago

I mistyped and meant the fourth song, but I said exactly what I typed. The fourth song is a copy of Jason Derulo's It Girl. If you can't read then maybe you should go back to school and read, maybe back to 2010 where people still used 'XD'

mousona_b 4 days ago

It is really disgusting!! I am an Indian and a KPOP lover too.. Though I am not an exo-I but still it Makes me angry.. It is not like that Indian musicians don't have talent to make music their own.. But I can't take this Plagarism.. I mean what on the earth these music composers thought of!! Plagarism should not be welcomed by any Indians though!! These Music composers should apologize to Exo, SMTOWN and all Exo-L s..

dont recall