Dramas

'Goblin' actor Lee El reveals what it's like to play an old lady in the drama

By alice101   28 days ago   115,394   16,981   14
misc

Lee El from 'Goblin' shared what it's like to turn into an old lady to play the role of a mysterious goddess of birth!

During a December 20 interview with 'Korean Ilbo,' the actress stated, "Putting on makeup to become a grandma was difficult. It made me question, could I do this ever again?"

Lee El, who was an old lady in episode 1 of 'Goblin', showed up as a young lady with red lipsticks the following episode, surprising viewers.

SEE ALSO: Woollim Girls reveal individual poster of So Yoon for 1st 'W Project' collaboration

About her transformation within the drama, Lee El said, "I was really worried because I had to look very old. The writer, Kim Eun Sook, was worried about me playing the role back in September when we had the initial script rehearsal." The actor explained that she had to lower her voice completely to have the right tone, and also that it was her idea to come up with the walking style of the old lady.

The makeup, she explained, took five hours to complete since the makeup and special prosthetics had to be put on on both hands. Lee El added, "But after the first shooting, the writer told me, 'You were really great,' and all the worries I had washed away."

1. misc.
    2. goblin
    3. lee el

curlykay 26 days ago

i'm very confuse of what her role is about. i mean is she a witch or what. sometimes i feel scared whenever she appeared in the drama. i become worried for the goblin and the grim reaper lol what is she ><

emily235 27 days ago

I didn't even fully believe it was the same chick. It was obviously somebody in old person makeup but the difference in appearance was really drastic

diya_249 28 days ago

she is so beautiful

raid5 28 days ago

im going to sleep bye

raid5 28 days ago

if you read this someday a stray dog will shove the dmt in your backside ...have fun

raid5 28 days ago

time is flying especially fast for both of them... i see wrinkles on her face as well. that old hag is passing away like next week i dont think it was necessary to shame her like this.

matterouge92 28 days ago

she's amazing!

btslifer 28 days ago

Oh God if that's how she'll grow into an old lady you can have her. UGHHHHHHLY.

skyisblue  btslifer 28 days ago

i know you a troll but still have some respect for yo elders young fella.

chaloner 28 days ago

The makeup looked fake thought it was CGI. lol

Envyy 28 days ago

I'm not much a Kdrama watcher so when watching Goblin I had no idea who the old lady was. When she first appeared I was thinking 'That old lady must've been a real beauty when she was younger.. she aged well' Turns out it was Lee El in makeup xD The makeup artist did do a great job with it.

hi dad hat