More information about KARA's project to recruit new members

May 11, 2014 @ 8:16 pm
by jennywill
  • 18
  • 12
  • 261
  • 40921
  • 2812
Last month, allkpop had an exclusive revealing that KARA was going to be recruiting new members through an audition program.

Now more details have surfaced. The program, titled 'KARA Project', will air on MBC Music and its first episode is airing on May 27th. A music insider said, "There was a lot of suggestions for KARA, from recruiting new members to promoting with just the 3 original members. In the end, they decided to bring in new members, and they thought about how to do it."

SEE ALSO: [Exclusive] What does KARA's future hold?

As previously revealed by sources, the television program will feature an intimate look at the KARA hopefuls and the arduous process behind selecting two new members to fill the holes of one of Korea's most famous girl groups.

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 267 comments

Sort by:

eda63
· Posted May 24, 2014 @ 8:48 am

True. They only got some attention when hara started acting nuts on variety shows:P

taylena
· Posted May 14, 2014 @ 6:28 am

Wish the best for ALL girls :) once a Kamilia, always a Kamilia!

taylena
· Posted May 14, 2014 @ 6:27 am

Can't wait!! KARA fighting!!

shineesujulover
· Posted May 13, 2014 @ 2:04 pm
Well, good luck! :) #TBTxallkpop

turtlelags
· Posted May 13, 2014 @ 12:55 pm

I think this is a fantastic idea. From a promotional standpoint, this makes sense because singing competitions are quite popular so this will give KARA more publicity in a more intimate way than the everyday ads. Also, the new members will have a smoother transition in KARA because the fans will already know a little bit about them and possibly why they were selected for the group. Go KARA!

karared
· Posted May 13, 2014 @ 2:05 am

I don't care if KARA add new member it will be became more successful or not I just want to see KARA on screen( in music industry) for long long long long time as posible

kpopisthelyfe
· Posted May 13, 2014 @ 1:35 am

Kamilias want to not support this but DSP does not care. I support this and will support the new members. I want to give them a chance before I boo and be unsupportive. Shouldn't other Kamilias be supportive and open their hearts too?

xaynie
· Posted May 13, 2014 @ 12:08 am

As a fan, I can understand how the idea might not sound so appetizing. But from a business perspective, this makes sense. Ultimately, the girls' contracts are going to expire and if they want to keep the group alive, they will have to continually add more members. Imagine if they only promote with 3 members and years down the line, they all decide to leave? There is no backup for the company and replacing or even creating an entirely new group is risky when you have a group that has a brand and a following already.

ballerz14-20
· Posted May 12, 2014 @ 11:31 pm

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

mj015
· Posted May 12, 2014 @ 8:54 pm

seba68
· Posted May 12, 2014 @ 8:30 pm

I still dont like the idea at all

ohmyceleste
· Posted May 12, 2014 @ 7:37 pm

I'm not a kamilia but I'm going to support this project :)

Kara is an amazing group! and they deserve the best

fawnlikedeer
· Posted May 12, 2014 @ 5:41 pm

Even if they add new member I don't think they can achieve the success kara did in the past,they will struggle but they won't be as successful,I'll support them as a former kamilia but not as hardcore as I use to be

cococcchanel
· Posted May 12, 2014 @ 4:15 pm

I don't like that they're adding new members. At all :(

suji0216
· Posted May 12, 2014 @ 2:11 pm

Good strategy, having to recruit new members using this project.

I'm not a Kamilia, but I'm just wondering how Kamilias feel about this. Wouldn't it be weird? Because I can just imagine how it would felt like if DBSK had the 3 members replaced.

Plus, wouldn't it be weird for Gyuri, Hara and Seungyeon? It's not easy to suddenly have 2 new girls to live with.

Whatever it is, I hope things will go well.

a-kpop-lover
· Posted May 12, 2014 @ 2:09 pm

In my opinion, I think that they shouldn't add new members to their group.

eezz24
· Posted May 12, 2014 @ 1:59 pm

MY HEART IS BROKEN TO LITTLE PIECE'S  #STAYSTRONGKARA

herenajla
· Posted May 12, 2014 @ 1:07 pm

Stay strong KARA

iloveaoa143elvis
· Posted May 12, 2014 @ 1:01 pm

Naaaah, I think it's for their own good. Though I'll miss Nicole and Jiyoung, It'll be weird or I'll feel somehow empty If I'll watch the 3 girls promote. I'll just feel sad or feel burdened somehow. Anyways, I'll support Kara no matter what, It's because Gyuri, Hara and Seungyeon decided to stay and wanted to promote as Kara member :) that makes me happy while feel sad for the members who left. Let's just love KARA, And continue supporting them on their future activities :)

P.S.

For those who are saying KARA isn't the same without NICOLE and JIYOUNG. Come to think about the other members, They are KARA Members too right? It's still the same. Kara will be Kara. KAMILIA hwaiting! <3 Much love and respect. XOXO.

krevice
· Posted May 12, 2014 @ 6:32 pm
@iloveaoa143elvis said --> " I'll feel somehow empty If I'll watch the 3 girls promote." <-- I think that you are *on target* with this observation!

kimberley-gray