Nicole prepares to leave for America + DSP Media releases statement

by alim17
  • 22
  • 0
  • 362
  • 149939
  • 5733

The time is nearing for Nicole's contract with DSP Media to expire!

According to one entertainment representative, Nicole will officially wrap up KARA promotions in February and then go to the United States to study abroad.  Supposedly, she and her mother are in the process of preparing vocal and dance training.  In addition, Nicole's side disclosed to My Daily, "She is preparing to leave for America."

Additionally, Japanese media outlet 'Tokyo Sports' had reported on January 10, "Nicole has disappeared from the picture of the 5 KARA members for the Android Smart Phone application 'I Love Music' game."

The Korean communication carrier and Japanese corporation KT Japan responded to this with, "We acted one step ahead as Nicole's contract expires on the 16."  DSP Media told Sports World on January 13, "That was just a simple accident. The picture immediately returned to its original state."

SEE ALSO: [Original Feature] Then and Now: KARA

DSP Media also left a statement on KARA's official home page, "DSP Media's contract with Nicole, who had been a member of KARA for the last 7 years, will expire on January 16, 2014 . . . Her promotions with KARA will unfortunately come to an end, but we ask that you join us in supporting Nicole as she prepares for a new beginning."

In relation to KARA's future activities, the agency wrote, "This year, KARA are preparing for various activities, such as individual acting and an album release . . . We ask for the same amount of support and love in the future for the KARA members who wish to appear before their fans with an even newer image."

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 372 comments

Sort by:

ibeyabin
· Posted January 18, 2014 @ 12:31 am

Another member is leaving too... T^T Kara is getting disbanded soon IT CAN'T END!

gao_thao
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 9:05 pm

SIGH Kara won't be the same without her though. T_T

xaynie
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 1:50 pm

I wish her best of luck. I know Kara won't be the same without her but I also do know that for any profession you are in, staying at the same workplace for more than 7 years is undercutting your potential for new experiences, more pay, or moving up.

angdee4
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 11:23 am
First Sohee now her? Why does everybody leave like that??
SunnyNWonderful
· Posted January 15, 2014 @ 12:33 am
WonSoKa is losing its old mascots. Sohee and Nicole used to be the top female idols. Though I'm not really a SONE, I hope the Power of 9 will at least keep WonSoKa alive a little bit longer...

hahahahah001
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 10:38 am

Hope to see Nicole soon!

tsumabakiami889
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 10:36 am

kara 3 members

alinbf
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 10:06 am

d DEJAVU OF SS5O1 NIGHTMARE ACCIDENT IS BEGINNING NOW..KARA I WILL CHERISH YOUR MISTER SONG FROM NOW..FAREWELL N ALL D BEST..^^

linhlee96
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 9:52 am

Looking forward to Nicole's future activities

megaveli
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 9:37 am
As a huge nicole fan..I'm most worried about her flopping as a solo..I wish she would just stay in Korea and be on variety shows..she's so charming on them

jung_minah
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 9:36 am
It's sad that we can no longer listen to her raps in Kara's song or dancing on stage. Kara will never be the same without Nicole. But I'll still support you. Now let's pray that Jiyoung will stay too.

rovert
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 9:34 am

I will keep supporting KARA, but not support Nicole. I will miss her so much but she wants to go.

Eunix
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 9:20 am

Bye Nicole.. (sobs) I will miss you loads...

your_name
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 9:04 am

well thats sad..im not a fan but i know them since their debut..well all things indeed has an end..it make more sad when i think that someday my favorit group will disband aswell..but until then i'll enjoy the present.. T_T

crescentia
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 8:42 am

Though I'm not a big fan of Kara anymore, it's still saddening. She used to be my favorite member. Good luck, Nicole...

ssilhyn
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 8:31 am

so funny how some people who claimed to be their fans are telling people here if they will still be a "kamilia" after Nicole's withdrawal of renewing her contract with DSP. Kara isn't just made by Nicole, we might be used to see them 5 but there are really a circumstances like this.. Just like their sunbae, ss501 and my idol, they can still be on stage as 5, might not be now but of course SOON and in the FUTURE!!! People are telling DSP suck or not good agency for not  supporting Nicole, well think about it, if DSP didn't support Nicole, then y did they let her go and do what she wants, simple bec. they want Nicole to do what she really wants and not pushing her to re-sign with them and just do whatever the agency wants.. Letting go sometimes is the answer for a better future.. come one, Kara might be famous as group but we all just saw them as a group, of course everyone wanted to see them growing as an artist, then let's see them as that!! Solo career is sometimes depends on how people will appreciate them.. the result will still depends on us, viewers.. so let's see an ARTIST KARA rather than an IDOL KARA!!! just support the five of them not just one or two...

lishxn
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 8:18 am

:( Such a saddening piece of news...

sarca_sam
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 7:59 am

I hope she'd still post selcas with other idols and vice versa. :( Nicole fighting!

ly_teng
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 7:48 am

I kind of hope that she would join another agency.

nurulkim
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 7:35 am

Ohmy fav unnie :(

hardcolefan
· Posted January 14, 2014 @ 7:09 am

I will always support Nicole & KARA!