Concerts / Events

Winners from the '2013 MelOn Music Awards'!

November 14, 2013 @ 9:09 am
by elliefilet
  • 1
  • 0
  • 1059
  • 218245
  • 1728
The '2013 MelOn Music Awards' is now over, and this year's winners have been announced! The event, hosted by Loen Entertainment, was held at the Olympic Gymnastic Arena in Seoul on November 14 KST.

SEE ALSO: 'Dancing 9' PD hints at a season 3

The awards show, which held its 5th year, established itself as one of the big four music awards ceremonies in South Korea alongside the 'Mnet Asian Music Awards', 'Golden Disk Awards', and 'Seoul Music Awards', and is noted for its emphasis on digital sales and public votes to determine its winners.

Take a look at the '2013 MelOn Music Awards' winners below!

===

▲ Artist of the Year

SHINee
Nominees: B2ST | G-Dragon | IU | Busker Busker | SISTAR | Davichi | Ailee | Dynamic Duo

▲ Top 10 Artists

EXO | Davichi | Dynamic Duo | Busker Busker | B2ST | SHINee | SISTAR | IU | Ailee | G-Dragon

▲ Album of the Year

Busker Busker - 'Busker Busker 2nd Album'
Nominees: SHINee - 'Dream Girl' | G-Dragon - 'Coup D'etat' | IU - 'Modern Times' | Cho Young Pil - 'Hello' | Huh Gak - 'Little Giant' | SISTAR - 'Give It To Me' | Lee Hyori - 'Monochrome' | Dynamic Duo - 'Luckynumbers' | EXO - 'XOXO Repackage'

▲ Song of the Year

EXO - "Growl"
Nominees: B2ST - "Shadow" | SHINee - "Dream Girl" | G-Dragon - "Who You?" | Roy Kim - "Spring Spring Spring" | IU - "The Red Shoes" | Girls' Generation - "I Got a Boy" | Busker Busker - "In the Beginning, a Thing Called Love" | Cho Young Pil - "Bounce" | K.Will - "Love Blossom" | SISTAR - "Give It To Me" | Davichi - "Turtle" | Huh Gak - "Monodrama" | Ailee - "U & I" | 4minute - "What's Your Name?" | Leessang - "Tears" | Akdong Musician - "Crescendo" | Lee Seung Chul - "My Love" | Baechigi - "Tear Shower" | Psy - "Gentleman"

▲ Newcomer Award

BTS | Kim Ye Rim
Nominees: Roy Kim | Ladies' Code | History

▲ Netizen Popularity Award

EXO - "Growl"
Nominees: B2ST - "Shadow" | SHINee - "Dream Girl" | G-Dragon - "Who You?" | Roy Kim - "Spring Spring Spring" | Girls' Generation - "I Got a Boy" | SISTAR - "Give It to Me" | Lee Hyori - "Bad Girls"

▲ Global Artist Award

Psy
Nominees: Girls' Generation | EXO | 2NE1 | Super Junior-M

▲ Hot Trend Award

Crayon Pop - "Bar Bar Bar" | Rose Motel - "Longtime Lovers"
Nominees: Hyung Don and Dae Joon - "What I Want From a Man" | Psy - "Gentleman" | Crayon Pop - "Bar Bar Bar" | UV - "Because of You"

▲ Songwriter Award

Shinsadong Tiger

▲ Music Video Award

Lee Gi Baek for B2ST's "Shadow"
Nominees: EXO - "Growl (Korean Version)" | Lee Hyori - "Miss Korea" | Psy - "Gentleman" | Crayon Pop - "Bar Bar Bar"

▲ Concert Cultural Award

Shin Seung Hoon

▲ MBC Music Star Award

f(x)

Music Style Awards ]

▲ Rap / Hip Hop Award

Baechigi - "Shower of Tears" feat. Ailee

Nominees: San E - "Story of Someone I Know" | Leessang - "Tears" | Geeks - "Wash Away" | Verbal Jint - "If It Ain't Love"

▲ R&B / Ballad Award

Huh Gak - "Monodrama" | K.Will - "You Don't Know Love"
Nominees: Bumkey - "Bad Girl" | Lyn - "Tonight" | Lee Seung Chul - "The Day to Love"

▲ OST Award

Yoon Mi Rae - "Touch Love" ('The Sun of My Master')
Nominees: Kim Bo Kyung - "Don't Think You are Alone" ('School') | Akdong Musician - "I Love You" ('All About My Romance') | Gummy - "Snowflake" ('That Winter the Wind Blows') | 4men - "Only You" ('The Book of the House of Gu')

▲ Pop Award

Bruno Mars - "Young Girls"

▲ Rock Award

Cho Young Pil
- "Bounce"

Nominees: Kang Seung Yoon - "It Rains" | CNBlue - "I'm Sorry" | Younha - "The Real Reason We Broke Up" | Yoo Seung Woo - "Hello"

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 1,060 comments

Sort by:

ughjongin
· Posted November 21, 2013 @ 8:56 am

yay congrats to all of them! ^^

upsoda05
· Posted November 20, 2013 @ 7:45 am
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

mupeda05
· Posted November 19, 2013 @ 11:53 am
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

serch
· Posted November 18, 2013 @ 5:49 pm

In my opinion, Girls' Generation deserves any price, I know they released the song at the beginning of this year, but they totally rocked it.

zuquda04
· Posted November 18, 2013 @ 7:52 am
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

lovely-a-game
· Posted November 17, 2013 @ 12:52 pm

Poor Poor YG and his flop artists LOL

· Posted November 22, 2013 @ 9:15 am
@cindy8 much like this

vomada05
· Posted November 17, 2013 @ 12:15 pm
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

sarah_chen27
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 11:58 pm

EXO

margaretkmitchel
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 2:00 pm
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

thaught
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 1:58 pm
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

ueno-rie
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 12:08 pm

omona ! EXO ! proud of 'em .... !

withatur89
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 11:09 am
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

shawol664
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 10:58 am

Busker Busker really deserved that award. "Album Of The Year" is perfect. Their music is really amazing and their lyrics are awesome. Congrats to them for their hard work c:

shawol664
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 10:56 am

Oh my God. I cried when SHINee won the "Artist Of The Year" award. They've worked so hard and they've grown so much. I'm a proud shawol. Congrats to my always shining SHINee :")

gupada06
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 8:23 am
This comment has been removed due to violation of our TOS. (Reason: spammer)

allkpopisgarbage
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 1:47 am

Im soo happy for her. She deserves it... She even went out with this turd im assuming out of pity... lol allkpop cmon... seriously....

#aileeforever

pink-papaya
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 1:36 am

Nothing will bring Ailee down, not even you AKP.

jlu
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 12:29 am
Literally cried when EXO won! I'm so proud of all you! Been supporting EXO since they debuted and witnessed how they developed and got to where they are now! You're doing great EXO keep persevering and going forward you still have a long way to go, I and all of the other fans will keep on being with you and supporting all of you all the way!

j-lo04
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 12:14 am

Congratulations to BTS for Winning the Rookie/New Comer Awards, I will Always be an Army, again congratulations and I hope that you all will be able to grow in the future and hit the Hip/Hop peak ^^

piaalit
· Posted November 15, 2013 @ 11:56 pm
I was a Kpop hater but then Shinee brought me into kpop fandom and now I am a proud Shawol. Congratulation Shinee you guys deserved this award! Shinee are the princes of Kpop without trying to be Western :))