Variety

'We Got Married' suffers a drop in ratings while 'Star King', 'Infinity Challenge', and 'Immortal Song 2' rise

September 21, 2013 @ 10:56 pm
by jennywill
  • 0
  • 0
  • 215
  • 33542
  • 106
It seems like the new couples only brought a temporary gain to the 'We Got Married' ratings, because its ratings dropped back to its usual this week.

The episode that aired on the 21st rated at 5.7%, a 1.3% drop from last week. To add insult to injury, every single other Saturday variety show rose from last week. Its competitor SBS' 'Star Junior Show' rose 0.1% from last week to 9.0%.

SEE ALSO: A Pink win the #1 trophy with 'LUV' on 'M! Countdown'!

As for the real strongholds of Saturday evenings, 'MBC's 'Infinity Challenge' came once again at #1, rising 0.8% from last week to 12.3%. SBS' 'Star King' also rose 0.7% to rank 2nd with 11.0%. Even though KBS' 'Immortal Song 2' ranked last with 10.8%, it saw the biggest jump of the week with a 1.8% leap.

Are you still watching 'We Got Married'?

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 214 comments

Sort by:

darongyeol
· Posted January 16, 2014 @ 5:32 am

maybe put Dara on WGM? I think the rating will be higher

jyjbackonshows
· Posted October 6, 2013 @ 12:01 pm

I think they should give the couples more interesting challenges. It was MUCH BETTER when they had hardships (I can still remember KangIn pulling his and YoonJi's possessions in a cart down the street and who can forget the Adam couple's container?)

Having limited funds and difficulty finding a home and managing a household was part of the fun. Now it seems boring.

Also, there are so many celebrities in their mid-twenties to mid-thirties, who I think would be more interesting. What about YuRi or ChaeRina from Girlfriends? SungMin (SuJu) and Key have been DYING to get on! I mean, who wants to watch TaeMin experience his "first" love? Really young idols tend to be really nervous and awkward and look like they're confusing the show with a real experience. Also, they have to be SO image-conscious, they can't say or do anything really interesting. Add to that not having any real challenges and voila! lower ratings!

mda142311
· Posted October 2, 2013 @ 9:00 am
I'm sorry but no , i dont watch it again :)

dhiraa
· Posted September 24, 2013 @ 5:38 am

Maybe wgm s​hould have different concept? Star with non-star couple maybe.

dhiraa
· Posted September 24, 2013 @ 5:48 am
Or give the couple a riddle and games in every episode. So it'll look more exciting.

lalalalololo
· Posted September 24, 2013 @ 3:51 am

i only watch taeun and joonmi couple. i havent watched the last one cause the pianist is an asshole, after mamma mia when i heard he was joining wgm.

but the new addition joonmi couple brought me some great laughs they are certainly one to watch. A funny and interesting couple, at least something new and different from the cheesy and sweet stuff.

ellesharon
· Posted September 23, 2013 @ 10:39 pm

​If you were a fan of KHJ and Hwangbo couple, you should watch Jung Joonyoung and  Jung Yumi the newest couple..

they are hilarious, JJY is a 4D boy with whose very witty and JYM just like hwangbo, a funny

noona

kpopstarlover
· Posted September 23, 2013 @ 11:09 am

​stop watching when kwanghee and sunhwa left

dhiraa
· Posted September 24, 2013 @ 5:35 am
Me too

cure4th3itch
· Posted September 23, 2013 @ 3:55 am

bring ADAM & SUNHEE COUPLE BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK...

polbahni
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 10:46 pm

Bring monday couple..hehe

breeziechang13
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 10:54 pm
OMG! Yes Monday couple
polbahni
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 11:54 pm
@breeziechang13 haha.ikr! Im dying to watch their interaction but jihyo have bf..:( but heard they already broke up

anstha
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 10:15 pm

​but I don't know any of them...except for that guy who went on a date with Eunyoung, who has turned into a player in my eyes, a.k.a. lost interest.

breeziechang13
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 10:54 pm
I know. I liked him but now i hate him

bomhee92
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 9:24 pm

First of all, honestly, if they put more idols on the show, I wouldn't watch the show. And so wouldn't a lot of the Korean population. 1 idol couple is enough. Secondly, people need to get over change. I don't care for your nostalgia crap, and what you think is good. Stop comparing couples to what was there before in past couples, they'll never live up to it. Thirdly, I actually think the second couple is quite entertaining. They are actually one of the more exciting couples that have been on the show. The last couple is a bit 'meh' for me, but they always have a couple like that to even their personalities.

sandrakevin
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 9:21 pm

In my opinion,  male - male couple is the best way to high rating.

sandrakevin
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 9:21 pm

In my opinion,  male - male couple is the best way to high rating.

mihn
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 9:13 pm

​lol. The comments here amuse me. We Got Married actually has a very small audience target. All these people who think bringing more idols onto the show are thinking that bringing better idols on will increase the rating? No... brining in people who will broaden the audience group by attracting people who like the older actors or who prefer to listen to the older ballad singers will probably get more people to watch. But before the new lineup, they really seemed idol oriented, and I think that was a huge mistake on the production crew's part. Most adults now have absolutely no interest in WGM. And as demanding as kids can be, who gets the final say on which channel the t.v. will be on in the end? That's right. The adults. lol

kpopmontrealfan
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 8:47 pm

​no offense but the two new couples are quite boring up to now..especially the older couple,an im not saying its boring because they are older..because thrust me jungchi and jung in were entertainning..its just that the new older couple..like nothing happends,and the other couple dont match each other at all ..it seems like the guys is very cold and the girl is overly excited..

Maggie
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 8:45 pm

​Being a Taemin fan, I've only seen the first episode of him on wgm. I can't stand the show when it's sb i know. Since I know it's a scripted it's just hard to watch the show, period. Reason being that idk which part is real and which part is acting. Eagerly waiting for his appearance to be over soon on wgm. Since the show almost ALWAYS have guests on the show with the them, I'm guessing the show might be dull/boring with just two of them, or the show's priority is to promote the two idol groups+EXO. I'm fine with that.

whatislife3x
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 7:17 pm

​maybe if they put tae yang and IU on wgm.. it will rise by like 30%

annloveskhalil
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 6:58 pm

kpop platform is really growing.... so they should atleast try to find a way where they can calculate the amount of people whos watching~​

okika
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 6:25 pm

​not surprised tbh. the new couples are kind of nugus :P
​I loved the 2 couples that left. But i feel like wgm should hold a survey on who fans want to see on the show together :/ they need to keep certain couples on longer too. Some of what i thought were popular couples had such a sort marriage :(

sandybee3
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 6:20 pm

no wonder wgm isn't what it was bevor now everything is so script the couples dosen't seem to harmony with each other well and after the the incidend with lee joon and oh yeon seo wgm was completely over they should stop  even romantic & idol is better then this