Dramas

[Spoiler Alert] 'Book of the House of Gu' and 'Jang Ok Jung' both come to a dramatic finish, but which drama was hailed as supreme?

June 26, 2013 @ 5:01 am
by starsung
  • 0
  • 0
  • 69
  • 31942
  • 282

MBC's 'Book of the House of Gu' and SBS' 'Jang Ok Jung' aired the series' finales on the 25th, and it was 'Book of the House of Gu' that finished off as the supreme drama in the rating department!

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research, the June 25th finale of 'Book of the House of Gu' finished off with its highest viewer rating to date, 19.5%, which is a 1.7% increase from its previous viewer rating of 17.8%.

Not even Kim Tae Hee's death could save 'Jang Ok Jung' from its streak of mediocre viewer ratings, and the drama said goodbye with a 10.3% viewer rating, which is a 1.3% increase from its previous viewer rating of 9.0%. KBS 2TV's 'Shark' couldn't compare to the grand finales of its competing dramas and achieved a 7.0% viewer rating.

SEE ALSO: Can 'Book of the House of Gu' surpass the 20% viewer rating mark for its finale?

'Goddess of Fire, Jeongi' and 'Empire of Gold' will be the follow-up dramas to 'Book of the House of Gu' and 'Jang Ok Jung', respectively.

Who else is going to miss these dramas?

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 69 comments

Sort by:

almeratiraby
· Posted August 18, 2013 @ 5:03 am

Gu Family Book is the best!!!  Ive cried a lot in this drama, this will be my forever best drama!

yusra-m
· Posted July 7, 2013 @ 12:33 pm

Gu family book :)

jojoleekim
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 3:04 pm

Two very good dramas after a long time! Bawled my eyes out while watching the ending of Jang Ok Jung, and hoping there will be a sequel for Gu Family Book!

phili721
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 8:53 am

great spolier akpop

inspirits98
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 9:43 pm

i'll choose jang ok jung cause my tears went out during watch the ending...it was soo drmatic >_<"...PLEASE CHOOSE JANG OK JUNG~~

idottypanda
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 8:29 pm

I thought Jang Ok Jeong ended really ... well?

I mean, I was just crying my eyes out at the end! But I want to know what happened to their Yoon!!!!

tribeXgirl
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 1:57 am
He grows up to become king. Look it up, the show was based on history.
idottypanda
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 11:03 am
@tribeXgirl I know that was what happened in history but I would have like to see a little of it in the ending of the drama.

eottoke
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 3:52 pm

i love both JOJ  and GFB.. i think that even though jang hee bin is known as the biggest villain in korean history, JOJ drama gave a different perspective about jang hee bin and the reason for her greed might be because of his love lee soon (king sukjong). after watching this drama, i realized that lee soon really love jang ok jeong, because she did not get demoted to a commoner after queen min was reinstated. i really made me think that jang hee bin is not a bad person and she only did those horrible things because of all the pains she encountered and also because she is treated as low class...

cuteemcdeck
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 1:28 pm

Lol this should be the korean teen wolf I want MOREE OF GFB

b2utyfulbaby26
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 12:58 pm

jang ok jung's death killed me. I cried. If only the director could've changed the ending of jang ok jung & make it a happy ending, but i know that's not how the real story goes. i will miss jangokjung & lee soon <3

KellieCYP
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

Ugh so pissed off at JOJ even though it's what happened in real life....wished that their love could've overcome everything else but guess not.

And the whole time I'm over here thinking what would happen if she had ended up with Prince DongPyung.....would've lived a long and happy life without any involvement with politics...

cuteemcdeck
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 1:11 pm
Watch Dpng Yi...such a lovely drama
cuteemcdeck
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 1:12 pm
@cuteemcdeck ***dong yi
KellieCYP
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 1:21 pm
@cuteemcdeck Yeah I've seen it before :) Which was what made me so confuse when I started this drama...my emotions are going off the walls!!
cuteemcdeck
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 1:21 pm
@KellieCYP samee lolol
KellieCYP
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 1:22 pm
@cuteemcdeck Oh man you're fast at replying! o.o

atynkatsumi
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 11:49 am

Oh My God the ending for Gu Family Book totally blow my mind!! Please make a sequel!

daefany
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 9:44 am

i watch jang ok jung and i would say this is the best drama i ever watched....everyone must watch it and you will like kim tae hee and yoo ah in very much....hehe

gaseumii
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 9:23 am

The last episode of GFB was the saddest thing ever TT TT I kinda hoped for a different ending though..>_>

awkwardasianangie8
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 9:22 am

GFB fucking blew me away.
& that ending OMG
PLEASE let there be a sequel i hate cliff hanger ending lol

lily-khang
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 3:24 pm
I loved GFB but I was kinda pissed off at the end cause she die -__- But sequel?? YESS :)
awkwardasianangie8
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 10:19 pm
@lily-khang same here! like they didn't even get married or anything like wtf!!! I was thinking like no no no what im wondering is why couldn't kang chi's dad heal her? since he hasn't helped her yet... but yeah a sequel would be amazing though. Hope they follow through!
yooki-im
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 10:57 am
@awkwardasianangie8 I also thought that too. Why Kang Chi's father cannot save her? But well it is drama after all. But I love that drama. Its so good. I'm gonna that drama.
yooki-im
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 10:57 am
@yooki-im Miss*
awkwardasianangie8
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 11:33 am
@yooki-im seriously... what am i gonna watch now D:

nikjl
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 9:02 am

now if you're looking for the next drama to watch, I'd highly recommend Shark which doesn't deserve its low ratings at all

cherlights
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 7:31 am

GFB was actually really good. I didn't expect it to be that good, and Suzy actually improved in her acting though there's a lot of room for improvement. I haven't watched JOJ yet so I can't really judge yet, but since almost everyone are saying that it's good, I might give it a try

landofderp
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 7:27 am

is there going to be a season 2 of GFB? the ending was so cliff hanger much o.O .....

juanita-erasso
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 6:51 am

I'll miss GFB...

elisasakwon
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 6:49 am

I've been watching both JOJ and GFB and I have to say I likes JOJ more!                                    it's just that the story is very unique and most people can't like it!

If you want a drama to watch now start SHARK it's AWESOME! great drama and probably one of the most AMAZING CHARACTERS EVER: Yi Soo

KIM NAM GIL <3

pokachu
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 6:40 am

to me, JOJ is really under rated. the story line is so much different from other typical korean drama. Yes, it is sad and it can be boring but you dont usually meet this kind of drama. On the other hand, GFB is also a romantic-sweet mythical drama. I enjoyed both of them but i wouldnt say that they are the best korean drama.

.. another thing, the ending for Gu family book , to me .itwas understandable cuze kangchi is immortal, so it makes sense to meet all of those pple again. minus the fact that they all met him around the same time.