Variety

Clara could have been a part of SM Entertainment?

June 18, 2013 @ 5:51 am
by jennywill
  • 0
  • 0
  • 45
  • 44379
  • 371

Model Clara revealed that she almost signed a contract with SM Entertainment!

She was a guest on the June 17th episode of tvN's 'Taxi' where she revealed, "When I went to school in the USA, I got cast by an SM casting director. I even met Lee Soo Man, and went up to the point just before signing the contract."

She revealed, "My mother wanted me to be an actor, and my father had too much of a hard time as part of the group Koreana. So I couldn't sign (because of my parents)."

Clara is now a model famous for her amazing figure - what do you think it would've been like if she was part of an SM girl group?

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 44 comments

Sort by:

the-whua-you
· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 1:58 am

she's so sexy!

jessicamah
· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 12:25 am

Although you guys say SM picks looks over talent, I think that many of the SM idols/actors are really talented. they're so well known. Girls' Generation wouldn't be so popular if they weren't talented, neither would Kangta, BoA, SJ, TVXQ, SHINee, F(x), and now EXO. Some of them are known for their voice, some for dancing. If they picked looks over talent all the time, then those groups wouldn't have succeeded very much.

tracyx3
· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 1:20 am
Now if only more people thought like you! I always hated when people said that and every time I would look at all their accomplishments and wonder, how the hell do they not see the hard work and talent? They might be pretty good looking and whatnot, but how is it that that is all some people see?
jessicamah
· Posted June 19, 2013 @ 2:49 am
IKR? Like they're so talented, but people only see their looks. Their talent comes first! Looks are just a bonus haha. Honestly, I think that SM saw their potential as a singer when they debuted. They didn't think 'They're going to be gorgeous when they grow up so we'll cast them.' I think that they'd say 'They have potential. We can train them hard and help develop a stronger voice.'

one-of-a-kind
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 10:17 pm

Not sure if its a good thing. Most of the time I see an article relating to SM it always comes with Amazing Figure/Good Looks etc. I hope I see more articles on people from SM being More Than A Pretty Face because thats what they are!!!!

genesisolivia94
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 9:19 pm

i really do have mixed emotions with SM

with the whole looks over talent thing and how theyve had soo many trainees that they let go and some of them are widely known now

siwonniefan19
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 8:54 pm

i wonder how competitive it is to debut under sm

rainsea18
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 5:40 pm
I wonder how her life & career would have been if she did sign with SM Entertainment.

aardbei
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 5:13 pm

She was scouted because she's pretty but can she even sing???

watersva
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 9:19 pm
SM also has models other than singers in their company ;)

obviouslynotjenny
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 4:51 pm

i thought they meant clara c and i freaked out for a second lol..

salemvip
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 4:34 pm

I could see why they would want her 40% talent 60% looks) but can she sing or act. Plus there's the hardships and obstacles she would have maybe gone through if she signed. I think it was probably for the best that she didn't sign with them.

BaNaNaZ
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 4:47 pm
She's been acting in a handful of dramas, not one of the powerhouses but nonetheless one of them.

liljdawg
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 3:53 pm

Clara Lee? is the the girl in Jay Park's MV Joah?

BaNaNaZ
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 4:46 pm
Bingo, that is correct.

donghaesha8692
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 3:52 pm

Maybe she's just going to be a model or actress. Not a singer..

Kpoplover1713
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 3:27 pm

Another article I read was claiming she said she could have been apart of Girl's Generation if she signed ( Like instead of Saying I could have been apart of SM as the title, it was Girls Generation), but netizens said that everyone claims that and her age would have made her the oldest? SM and other companies have alot of former trainees and would-be singers. I do want to hear her voice now though!

MistyEve
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 2:39 pm

SM has a lot of trainees back than, and at her age I think there would've been a lot of "almost" artists.

vangpakau
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 2:15 pm

Does she sing?. I haven't heard before.

seren1234
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 12:47 pm

sorry i don't really know her

but is she the girl who was in jay park's joah video? (same name)

iloveonew911
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 12:24 pm
Yah she's the smae girl in Jay Park's Mv

thiswayforward
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

Considering how pretty she is I am not surprised considering one of the main things SM looks for is looks.

24rere
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 11:11 am

I'm curious which girl group she would be if she really signed the contract? haha... she's pretty and I bet she has great body. she must be great model

lisesoshi
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 10:55 am

she's pretty but i think it would be great if he become an actress or model from SM.

tigerlily515
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 9:38 am

honestly sones, i'm a sone too but clara is not trying to say she was going to debut with snsd and she's not trying to piggy back off of their fame! gawd she just says she was about to sign a contract with sm. i feel bad that she wasn't able to go through with the contract (wayyy too many sm trainees in general), but now that she's famous in what she does, i'm happy for her.

jungahfan
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 9:29 am

i get everyone trying to piggy back on SNSD's fame these days since they're basically the greatest girl group in music history but unless someone else in SNSD acknowledges you or you're in some of the old SM trainee videos or pics there is no almost.  almost signing a SM contract is not being almost SNSD.  thats like saying i almost became a Navy Seal when i almost joined the military.  i almost won the lottery when i almost bought a lottery ticket.  bitch pls...

thiswayforward
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 11:48 am
SNSD is ridiculously popular but they are from the greatest girl group in music history. Heck I dont think they are even the greatest girl group in the history of kpop.
thiswayforward
· Posted June 18, 2013 @ 11:49 am
@thiswayforward far from* is what i meant. i hate that i cant edit these allkpop comments