Block B releases official statement + will not be working with Stardom Entertainment again

June 7, 2013 @ 11:01 am
by jennywill
  • 0
  • 0
  • 634
  • 96209
  • 2542

After Block B's case in filing for a nullification for their contract was dismissed by the court, the boys have released an official statement.

The full statement reads:

First, we want to tell all the fans that love and support Block B that we are very sorry.

The court made their decision even though they accepted that about 430,000,000 KRW (approximately $385,000 USD) from the musical income and a part of the event income were left out. We believe this is because they wanted us to follow an official ruling that was decided after additional battles on the original lawsuit and thinking deeply about it.

For example, even though evidence was provided about the management contract on Japan's Bauhaus, they have mistakenly stated that it is difficult to determine if they had violated their management obligation because the contract was not submitted. There are other various decisions that the members cannot accept. One such example is saying that unlike the basic royalties paid in advance, the royalties paid in advance by LOEN Entertainment cannot be seen as income that should be paid to the members.

From this, we will be calmly fighting the original case to confirm the legitimacy of the contract nullification. We will be demanding responsibility from Stardom Entertainment of the violation of management obligation and violating the exclusive contract.

Also, the court decided, "The Block B members have fought over the status of the contract nullification while they independently promoted, so there is also a possibility that these promotions can be checked for legitimacy later."

This is because if the Block B members are blocked from promoting independently, it is violating our lawful right to work and our general right to freedom of action.

The Block B members have no intention to promote under Stardom Entertainment, so they will be preparing independent promotions. If the legitimacy of the contract nullification is not acknowledged in the original case, then we will be taking responsibility for the due damages.

We want to tell you again that we apologize for worrying our fans. The Block B members will be giving back to the fans' worries, love, and support by showing a more mature side.

Source: Newsen via Nate
DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 630 comments

Sort by:

ezza27
· Posted August 20, 2013 @ 1:01 am

If they do find another agency, the agency better keep their orignial image instead of promoting them as another boy group with sparkles and teddy bears...not that any other kpop boy band is wrong if they do that <3

cloud_envy24
· Posted August 6, 2013 @ 5:13 am

Hopefully they can find a good agency to join, but if they can find the means to carry on as a group independent from any company I think they can make an huge splash in the Korean music industry considering their fan base! Block B fighting!!!! ❤❤❤

boosher
· Posted July 9, 2013 @ 11:16 pm

I really really wish YG would buy out Block B's contracts and have them promote under them. They're style would fit really well there, and with Zico's (among others) talent at composing and writing songs YG wouldn't even have to get them a producer or anything.

marinandez15
· Posted August 9, 2013 @ 8:55 pm
@ boosher Me too. I think they fit YG, if only Papa yg wasn't planning another boy group.. If he wasn't then would be perfect.

krimmy
· Posted June 30, 2013 @ 12:18 am

Independent as in on they're own without a company's help to promote right?

Not as in... *gulp* as individual acts?

ilove2min
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 10:52 am

I believe in you guys FIGHTING!!

mexoxo
· Posted June 24, 2013 @ 3:48 am

it's not you guys' fault so stop feeling sorry :'( block b fighting!

i_cubey
· Posted June 14, 2013 @ 2:24 am

Stay strong!! hope they'll find a better ent. agency.
FIGHTING ^^

hissana
· Posted June 13, 2013 @ 3:07 pm

Block B stay strong in this hard time!
I hope that BBCs are your wall, we would even hold the sky if it falls down on you!
Fighting fighting!
I believe in you!
They have so much problems since they started and i'm feel really bad about it... everything's on their heads especialy Zico's... I can't stand thei apoligizes... and they're still caring the most about their fans instead of them. That's why I love them. I hope i will have chance to see them on the stage again soon all happy and derping around like always! ^^

shevonneyeo
· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 9:15 pm

I hope they still carry on well :(

vanna_
· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 7:49 pm

I hope they pull through :(

sehunbaby
· Posted June 12, 2013 @ 6:52 am

I hope they'll be okay.. I really do.. :(

exoticsunite
· Posted June 11, 2013 @ 6:34 pm

hope they'll be alright... this is so saddening :(

nshofiyya
· Posted June 11, 2013 @ 3:21 am

I feel really bad for these boys. They just wanted to do music but this craps is all they get. I fully support the independent promotion thing! Good luck for you boys

sehunbaby
· Posted June 10, 2013 @ 4:51 pm

I hope they do well :(

exoticsunite
· Posted June 9, 2013 @ 7:49 pm

I support BLOCK B 100%.

Stay Strong

cchnyl
· Posted June 9, 2013 @ 6:52 pm

I just want them to stop apologising ;;;;;;;;;;

gwen_kk
· Posted June 9, 2013 @ 5:49 pm

Either way, they have my support. Stay strong, Block B! I wish them the best...

elegic
· Posted June 9, 2013 @ 4:51 pm

Poor guys, they had to deal with so much.. :c BBCs will always support Block B no matter what, please stay strong and you'll pull through. <3

sehunbaby
· Posted June 9, 2013 @ 4:26 pm

stay strong.

destati13
· Posted June 9, 2013 @ 4:03 pm

I feel terrible whenever they apologize :( None of this is even their fault, they don't deserve all the junk they have to deal with...*sigh* Stay strong Block B! BBC's always got your back!