Movies

T-ara speak up about their bullying scandal for the first time

May 6, 2013 @ 3:33 pm
by
  • 1
  • 0
  • 16
  • 108842
  • 24

The members of T-ara N4 talked about their bullying scandal and various other rumors for the first time on broadcast.

The girls were guests on the May 6 episode of Mnet's 'Beatles Code 2'. Hyomin was the first to speak up, and she said, "There were rumors that I was a thug when I went to school. I just hung out with kids who weren't the nicest kids, but that was it. There are also rumors that I was forced to move schools because I had hit another student. I never hit anyone. I'd rather someone come out and say that I hit them." Hyomin revealed that she had moved schools, but it wasn't because she had hit someone. She explained, "My mom decided that I should switch schools because she wanted to pursue a better education for me. It's not related to violence at all. The reason why I didn't say anything back then was because I didn't want people to look down on my friends because of me."

The girls also admitted that they had an argument with Hwayoung during the SNS controversy. However, Eunjung asserted that there was no bullying, saying, "People might think so if you just read everything that's online. But even I was rumored to being bullied. To be honest, we had an argument with Hwayoung for about 2 days during the incident. But it was wrong of us to publicly make statements through Twitter. It was wrong to write about the topic, period. The more we stayed silent, the rumors and misunderstandings kept growing. It was so bad that even we were getting confused. I thought I'd lived without any regrets, but I was pained because I felt I'd become a bad person."

On all the hate comments they received, Eunjung said, "Whenever articles about us come out, we get a ton of hate comments. At first, I just read it out of curiosity... but I can't read it anymore because the more I read, the more energy I lose."

Hyomin added, "The worst one was when Soyeon unni got into a car accident, and someone wrote, 'she should have just died'. There were others who said the entire accident was made up. It was such a bad accident that she got tossed out of the car."

On their 'Music Bank' controversy, Hyomin spoke up to say, "After we argued in Japan, we had a 'Music Bank' schedule right away. It was so awkward. After we came back to Korea, we had a conversation with Hwayoung for about 40 minutes. I didn't want to have fights when it was a stage we were dreaming of. After Hwayoung left, we had an official schedule, but we couldn't say anything because of the circumstances. We wanted to say something so badly that it even came out in our dreams. I just wanted to say two things: 'I'm sorry, and I'll work harder'. But if we tried to explain ourselves back then, the situation would have just gotten worse. But we really wanted to. We wanted to admit the parts that were true, that they weren't false, and then take time off to self reflect. But in the end, we just became the kids who didn't care."

Jiyeon also expressed her apologetic heart to Hwayoung and said, "We had been together for over 3 years, so Hwayoung might have had difficulties being with us. She probably had a hard time adjusting." She and the other members added, "If we truly hated her, we wouldn't have even argued. But we disappointed her and made her feel lonely. No matter the reason, we're sorry and also apologize to have created a disturbance as public figures."

Source: TV Report

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 15 comments

Sort by:

total votes

easterangel
· Posted December 31, 2013 @ 7:22 pm

I really don't think it is anyone's business but T-ara and I will continue to support them. Everyone just needs to leave them alone. The past is the past. You don't need to gang up on them just because Hwayoung was your favorite or because of what you read. Leave the girls alone so that they can move on and work on their careers. <3 T-ara

total votes

myceeb2st
· Posted October 19, 2013 @ 6:13 pm

I really want to know the truth.

total votes

izahwayleto
· Posted October 14, 2013 @ 3:23 pm

Se a garota se sentia solitária,ou tinha vergonha de se aproximar delas,era obrigação delas como experientes,confortar a garota e não começar a discutir por bobagens deixando-a ainda mais lerda e sem saber o que fazer com todos sendo amigas e menos dando apoio a ela coitada

total votes

kotoraukyuhyun
· Posted September 22, 2013 @ 4:45 am

​I think it was not only T-ara's fault but I think it was also hwayoung's fault because she didn't really speak up. If she had felt lonely or sad, she could've at least told Her fellow ex band members about it and something would have work out. But it's also T-ara's fault for not really treating her as a family.

total votes

poked
· Posted September 14, 2013 @ 1:14 am

When I saw this episode I didn't know about why people hate T-ara. Now, I'm so confused that I really don't want to know what really happened. Hwayoung was lonely and when you are in a group you have to make sure that everyone feel comfortable with each other, that's why you are a group, you work together and you feel like you are part of a family.

total votes

makotokarasuma
· Posted September 8, 2013 @ 1:34 am

3 years they have been together and still gangin up on her,, i feel bad for Hwayoung.. for having told about the bad attitude.. but the girl has to defend herself no matter what.. i really liked her Park Shinye look.. i hope she debut with her twin..

total votes

thehappybear
· Posted September 8, 2013 @ 12:44 am

I don't care about the bullying thing but one thing for sure they didn't do anything to protest or help during Hwayoung's disbandment... They can make a controversy over twitter but can't say a word about a member's disbandment? Idk man it feels wrong.

total votes

heee
· Posted August 21, 2013 @ 5:50 am

Too late to apologize now....

total votes

rimunnie
· Posted August 4, 2013 @ 12:40 am

My god!! My eyes expressed themselves before my hands...

I've decided long ago that the day I leave T-ara will be the same day I stop kpoping TT-TT

Even if they disband 'god please no!!'

I will not stop 'Bo Peep'ing...

T-ara Time To Love will never stop 'in my life at lease'.

Fighting T-T

leegenesis
· Posted November 26, 2013 @ 10:30 pm
Same here t-ara was the first kpop band I LOVED!! I'll ALWAYS support T-ARA (>'.'<)/

total votes

xavier2
· Posted June 28, 2013 @ 8:13 pm

all i know is that t-ara is still making money and hwayoung is still unemployed.screw ccm!

total votes

runningmanalways
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 2:32 am

i think 'bully' is a too strong word. hwayoung was definitely left out, and felt lonely, and the members probably ignored her.

The End