Former American President Ronald Reagan once said, "The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." This sentiment resonates profoundly when considering the leadership of BTS' RM. Navigating through the rigors of fame and the demands of a global music career, RM has exemplified exceptional leadership, working in unison with his bandmates through their collective journey of challenges and triumphs. His ability to act as a conduit, not just within the band but also in connecting with fans across the globe, is particularly remarkable given his youth.
RM's leadership extends beyond these visible achievements. Here are five more reasons why RM stands out as one of the most effective and inspirational leaders in the contemporary music scene.
1. If there's a problem, BTS' RM isn't afraid to confront and communicate through it. The entertainment world is already stressful, but add on top of that the lack of sleep and back-to-back schedules, you're bound to become a bit sensitive. But rather than letting the members' emotions get the best of them, BTS RM is able to help his members calmly explain and discuss what they're going through and, in doing so, provide a platform to discuss and solve any problems that occur. After all, everyone knows one of the greatest qualities a leader can have is transparency, and RM is definitely one who is open to sorting through all problems.
2. He's never one to outshine and put forth himself before the members. RM has a selfless personality. Even when it comes to award ceremonies, you'll often see RM standing behind the members, letting them take the stage instead. If that wasn't enough, even since the very beginning of their debut, during a variety program called "4 Things," there was a hidden camera prank where the member was asked if he would rather debut as a solo or within the group and without hesitation, RM chooses his group before himself.
3. Great leaders are known to be great speakers, and well, RM has a special skill with words. He speaks eloquently, and with such poise, even just by his words, you can't help but be amazed at how well he speaks despite how some people may call him young.
4. Not only does RM have the skill of speaking eloquently, but he's also a great communicator. As many people say, communication is key, and RM does this flawlessly. Whether in English, Korean, or Japanese, between interviewers and the group, or the company and the band. Even among the members, RM does his best to communicate everything.
5. RM is also quite observant; he becomes the middle ground, balancing out any tension within the room. He's a great leader because he's a peacemaker wherever he goes. Also, he isn't afraid to address what needs to be addressed. As seen through various live broadcasts, as many people were making assumptions about this and that, RM is quick to diffuse anything that is false or misinterpreted.
It's great to see that BTS has such a great leader, and more so, fans can really see the love and support that the band has created among themselves. After all, it's always nice to know that there is someone you can rely on to be your support system through thick and thin.