Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by germainej AKP STAFF 28 days ago

Woo Jin Young opens up about 'MIXNINE' debut group cancellation

AKP STAFF

Woo Jin Young opened up about his feelings on the cancellation of the project group from JTBC's 'MIXNINE'.

On the July 26th premiere of Mnet's 'Show Me the Money 8', Woo Jin Young expressed, "I felt so much excitement and anticipation for my debut, so I struggled a lot. I was waiting with the thought in my head that I was going to debut, so I wasn't expecting it to cancel at all. To be honest, I've never felt happy since I turned 20 years old."

He continued, "I appeared on 'Produce 101' season 2 after my father passed away, and I was eliminated. Then I came in first place on 'MIXNINE', but I couldn't debut. Some people may not look kindly upon an idol trainee on 'Show Me the Money', but I want to share my story with people by rapping."

However, Woo Jin Young wasn't able to make it through the first round of auditions on 'Show Me the Money 8'.

In other news, D1CE including Woo Jin Young officially make their debut on July 29 KST.

1. D1CE
  2. Woo Jin Young
9 17,044 Share 69% Upvoted

J631 pts 28 days ago 0
28 days ago

I feel bad not only for him, but all the mix nine winners. False hope it is. Hope they could debut soon in their own path.

eottoke11,099 pts 28 days ago 1
28 days ago

the real winner of mixnine is the 10th place who didn’t make it to be part of the debut member. Yao Mingming is the one who debuted and now getting popular in China because of the chinese version of produce 101 and also placing 3rd in that show. he is now part of the group, “UNINE”. just like woo jinyoung, mingming’s journey of being idol was hard. from being a Seventeen predebut member, to switching 2-3 agencies, and being part of mixnine. so i hope woo jinyoung won’t stop chasing his dream just like mingming, and keep pursuing what he really wants in life.

1 more reply