Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF 15 days ago

'SKY Castle' actress Oh Nara shares why she and her boyfriend of 20 years haven't got married

OH NARA

Actress Oh Nara opened up about her relationship of 20 years.

The actress from the trending drama 'SKY Castle' frequently mentioned her 20-year relationship with former musical actor and current acting instructor Kim Do Hoon

In an interview on February 7, Oh Nara once again talked about her relationship. She commented, "I didn't think it was this amazing thing (to be dating this long). 20 years just somehow passed."

She continued, "It's not that I'm against marriage. I just couldn't get married because I was too busy. We have kept delaying it and ended up coming all the way here." Oh Nara added, "In a way, I feel like we need to do it one day but in another way, I wonder what's the point when 20 years have already passed."

Oh Nara also stated Ki Do Hoon is already a family to her and marriage does not have much meaning in their relationship.

1. misc.
  2. OH NARA
15 23,177 Share 78% Upvoted

Friendlyquark 15 days ago 1
15 days ago

Good for her. She and he should do what's best for them and not worry about anything else.

gipam (Banned) 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

Comment has been deleted

eager_beaver 15 days ago 2
15 days ago

Why are people expected to defend their life decisions? Why are people expected to follow the crowd like sheep, and if one doesn't, people put pressure on you to conform and go through the same rituals as everyone else? Shouldn't we be praising her for being different, and on the other hand ask all the married people why they are such conformists? I say good on her for thinking and behaving outside the box.

summerbreezy 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

Good for them. It's 2019 why is this even a discussion. Nobody's damn business what adults do in their personal lives, actors, idols or anyone.

Juve_nile 14 days ago 0
14 days ago

Man its so nice cus in some country couples living together while not married are considered unethical and sometimes illegal by law

jokbal_is_yum 15 days ago 0
15 days ago

Exactly.
And under Korean "common-law" thinking, they've been 'married' since they hit the 7-year together mark anyway.
^___^

Elf_lover 14 days ago 0
14 days ago

There’s nothing wrong with that. My partner and I have been together for 18 years and are not married. We’re still happy and have a daughter together. There’s no law that says you have to get married nowadays, it is kinda outdated imo and as long as you’re happy then who cares.

Myjisjash 13 days ago 0
13 days ago

wait.....how busy is she?

elevenoclock 14 days ago 0
14 days ago

I'm from a conservative country lol and I do wonder if they'll stay unmarried forever, what if they want kids? (don't come at me with your opinions, I know things are super different in the West)

SwiftFoot 14 days ago 5
14 days ago

I understand her. My partner and I are perfectly happy together at the moment without needed the extra expense and stress of getting married. Plus what's really the point? The only reason I would ever consider it is for tax benefits and the hospital privileges that comes with being a spouse. It's a religious construct that I don't care for (I'm not religious).

LilyLilington 14 days ago 4
14 days ago

Marriage isn't a religious construct LMAO. That's why you have to file paperwork with the government when you get married, not the church (or whatever religious building/organization). People thinking marriage is a religious construct is a big reason why gay marriage wasn't legalized in the US until recently.

SwiftFoot 13 days ago 3
13 days ago

Maybe not in your family, but it plays a role in mine.

Marriage also has early histories rooted in religion. Yeah now in modern times it's controlled by government, but it wasn't always like that (which, using your example, is why gay marriage wasn't legalized in the US for a long time, because of religious value).

You used to have to "file paperwork" with the church previously.

3 more replies