Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by beansss AKP STAFF Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Seventeen boldly name 'Daesang' as their goal for 2019 + name Dino as the key to their teamwork

In light of their comeback with 6th mini album 'You Make My Dawn' less than a week away, Seventeen held a cafe interview to discuss their upcoming 2019 year!

During the interview, Seventeen reflected on whether or not they were able to achieve their goals of 2018 in the past year. Mingyu said, "When I think of our promotions in 2018, we took numerous jabs equal to that of one significant blow (In 2018, Mingyu vowed to show a significant blow). This year, I would like to land another upper cut. And I think I would like to spend time with fans more times."

Seungkwan also added, "I received the rookie award at the '2018 MBC Entertainment Awards' last year, and this year, I would like for our goal to be for Seventeen to receive 'Daesang' at a music award show! I've always put my life and death on the line, but this year, I plan to do so even more. Our schedule is packed full in 2019!" Maknae Dino contributed with, "We talked about becoming a group to remain in history in 2019. Of course, all of the members need to be healthy, that's included too. This year, we want to work hard so that we can hear not just Carats, but the public say, 'This team is the best out there. This year, Seventeen was the best'."

The next topic of discussion was Seventeen's unchanging teamwork, and Seungkwan revealed, "Dino takes up over half of our teamwork capabilities. If I'm the guy who makes everyone laugh, Dino is in charge of both livening up the mood and raising everyone's work ethic," as Mingyu chimed in with, "Dino also sends us so many messages in our group chat room (Laughter)."

DK complimented the maknae as well with, "I'm thankful that Dino works hard for the team. He's a dongsaeng, but I still learn a lot from him and his efforts to enhance our teamwork are not for show."

When asked about his personality outside of Seventeen, Dino relayed, "I'm a very emotional person. Recently, I've been enjoying drama 'SKY Castle', and I get choked up at the character of professor Cha. Watching the drama, I showed the members some professor Cha impersonations too."

Stay tuned for Seventeen's first comeback of 2019, set for January 21 at 6 PM KST!

1. Seventeen
  2. DK
  3. Seungkwan
  4. Mingyu
58 12,721 Share 76% Upvoted

daebak_kpop Tuesday, January 15, 2019 8
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Okay honestly some of the comments here are so annoying and disgusting. Can't the boys have dream and a goal to work towards? What would your BTS oppas think if they saw you talking like this? Do you think they would be proud? BTS and Seventeen are actually good friends, so stop the stupid hate.

NekoMinSeo Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Thank you! Seventeen doesn't have any bad song and their showmanship is probably one of the most entertaining things to watch in kpop overall, so I wouldn't be surprised if they actually manage to win a daesang this year. xD And before other ARMYs come at me with how impossible that is, remember that we're still only midway through January and while I do not doubt BTS will have another great year again, it doesn't mean Seventeen can't have a piece of that cake, defying all expectations as BTS did when they became the first group outside the Big3 to win Artist of the year. So don't be so quick to disregard Seventeen's goals. The boys are always cheering on eachother regardless of the competition between them, so why do we have to be any different? ARMYs and Carats just unite! lol

daebak_kpop Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

I know right! See what Dino said: "We talked about becoming a group to remain in history in 2019." And tbh I believe if that's their goal, they will be able to do it and we should support them no matter what 💪🏻

jaxetocepi (Banned) Tuesday, January 15, 2019 0

Comment has been deleted

balladlover Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Anyone can dream but if someone says it's not possible because of (inserts reason here) don't say others are overlooking their abilities when it's the charts, and results that determine the winner. As good as the music is to the fans it won't win anything if the impact is not big enough or if the rankings or numbers aren't high or consistent enough.

2 more replies

loveosts 30 days ago 1
30 days ago

As much as it is nice to dream big, there are people who don't think it's possible and they have their reasons. This doesn't mean Seventeen are any short of talent, it means they're short of appeal because the songs have to cater to the gp. Can people please not point fingers at a fandom when they say that it's unlikely because of another group because there's no lie in their words? Just because someone's words come off as blunt and critical does not mean looking down on a group or bullying. Some of you need to be realistic and practical. There are reasons why it won't happen as much as there reasons why it should happen. Daesang is based on impact not fandom power and it's not an easy award to give. If their songs don't chart well on the digital charts or charts, you can't fault people for saying it's unrealistic to win the grand prize. And friendship with a group has nothing to do with daesangs so people can talk all they want and being realistic doesn't mean degrading one's dream so if people are saying it's unlikely there's no fault in their words when you look at the statistics.

daebak_kpop 30 days ago 0
30 days ago

That's not what I meant. I totally agree with this, and if people state their opinion in an objective manner there's nothing to be mad about. I was talking about the comments that degraded Seventeen and were obviously wrote by toxic armys wo seemingly just comment on articles to talk shit about other groups, you know what I mean? I totally agree with you! I just wish the best for the boys. That's what I was talking about. :)

yooonoon Tuesday, January 15, 2019 0
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

I believe we can do it!! They have been nominated to daesangs so much now it’s time to get them one ^^

HeyHoonie Tuesday, January 15, 2019 0
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Among the groups I don't stan I always think that seventeen has many good songs

B2UTYCARAT Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

i believe on them. I believe ssventeen could make not only CARATs but also non CARATs to love them. Im really looking forward for this year

Nina14red Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

I love Seventeen!!! They have all the elements that I love in a kpop group. Even though I am a diehard ARMY and love and support BTS, I think Seventeen is definitely a group that can push through the big 3 barrier as well. I never hear anything negative about them and I really do love and appreciate what they do. I am excited to see what they do this year!!!

B2UTYCARAT Wednesday, January 16, 2019 0
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
These days I really can not believe myself that quite many ARMY who support SVT and give a good comment abt their perf. I was always feel thankful towards BTS bcs they always give a good reaction and praise SVT during their perf and now I really feel thankful towards ARMY for their support. I not dare to say SVT will be the next BTS but at least I hope sebongies will be more wellknown by lots of ppls

MOlilara Tuesday, January 15, 2019 0
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

When everything is serious.(I saw some people are heavily butt hearted in comment section. They just try to drag other idols to a fight. Is it that wrong for them to have a target. On top of that they are saying this in their V app channel for their fans. Even if they win or not they have never ever do things that dissapoint CARATS.) ......Then Dino's Sky castle obsession.He is so natural and honest.He always like to talk openly....this is his second time talking about sky castle.

Mingyu_Sunbaenim Tuesday, January 15, 2019 0
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

carats we can make this happen! hwaiting!

joshuaology Wednesday, January 16, 2019 0
Wednesday, January 16, 2019

To y'all in the comments

Kings can't hear ya coz

matcharedbean 28 days ago 0
28 days ago

It's hard to say because based on the list of winners in the past the latest for groups to do it (win their first daesang) would be in that third or fourth year after the year of their debut. I'm not sure if any group has been able to do it after more than 3-4 years after their debut year at one of the Korean awards. Because The best award they have a shot at is soty but even so there are other groups who have way better digitals and that just leaves nothing. There are late bloomers but it's unlikely that it can take more than 4 years to win the first daesang.

Bread_Woozi 28 days ago 0
28 days ago

Stop pointing fingers to fandoms for being objective? Excuse me what part of the comments below are objective? Why wouldn't we be mad if we see rude comments? WHY ARE U CALLING US OUT FOR BEING OFFENDED. go ahead make your "rational objective assumptions" but dont play blind. THERE ARE PURELY, HONESTLY RUDE COMMENTS JUST IN THIS COMMENT SECTION ALONE. Blunt and critical?! you make me laugh. You can be blunt and be bully. you can be "critical" and still be a bully. And If you want to be objective, at this point Seventeen aiming for daesang is a logical next step. THE ONLY NEXT STEP. They already win aoty and if their aim for this year is another one, THATS STAGNANCY. You throw words like critical like you know what it means. It take more than "sHit they are so cripplingly popular now they MUST win the awards taking place 10 whole months from now right?" No dice.

Kriscental Wednesday, January 16, 2019 0
Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Seventeen had one of the highest total gaon album sales in 2018, and one of those above them was Wanna One who is disbanding. Idk why so many of y’all are underestimating them so much. It’s entirely possible they could win...

My_Name_Is_K Tuesday, January 15, 2019 3
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

I blame BTS so much for having such fans like that, just want you to remember that nothing is eternal so BTS will maybe not win a Daesang this year. I believe in Seventeen, they are a self producing group, they worked so hard for having prizes, , they always doing things by themselves and always care about us Carats. Also wanna remember that Seventeen is the best dancer group among the Kpop industry. Anyway Carats and Army should be friends as our boys are.

loveosts 28 days ago 2
28 days ago

You can't say that group will not maybe not win daesang this year when they haven't even released anything yet because that's the equivalent of saying that Seventeen might not win daesang this year when you haven't even seen the results or impact of the comeback. You can't blame people for being objective with their words. Just because they're being realistic and critical doesn't mean they're degrading someone. That's like saying oh you can't get into a top tier college because your essay and your resume may not sway them which isn't wrong at all. And every group works hard for having prizes, it's not just Seventeen always doing things by themselves and caring about their fans. It's not just Seventeen who is the best dancer group there are so many groups out there who have won the dance award. Realistically speaking in terms of results, impact, digitals, physicals, charts etc. is it possible for Seventeen to win daesang. People are answering the question and just because the answer is something that others don't like doesn't make it false. Because the only award Seventeen has a chance at is soty but there are stronger contenders than that. Daesangs aren't given based on who writes music and what not. They're given based on the impact the artists had in that year in addition to judges' evaluation. That's the point.

My_Name_Is_K 28 days ago 0
28 days ago

Then what ? Seventeen and others groups can have more impact than BTS no ? At least it's them the worldwide artist, may I say that NCT, Stray Kids and Blackpink are starting to be worldwide too, Seventeen can too. So those groups can have the Daesang and not BTS. People always love new things so things can change.
Istg BTS is such an amazing group but their fan (not all of them) can be quite sensible when we talk about those facts.

Kriscental 25 days ago 0
25 days ago

??? No one said it was just seventeen doing any of those things (but let’s be real, Seventeen has the best choreography and dancers of 3rd generation). Are we not allowed to hype up our faves without someone whining about how their’s are important too? No on ever said they weren’t. This doesn’t even concern you if you’re not a fan, I have no idea why this is such a sore subject for you. Just go back to hyping your own faves, and we’ll worry about doing the best for ours

balladlover Tuesday, January 15, 2019 0
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Before people point fingers you need to think about this realistically and practically. Realistically speaking the reason why BTS' name is even brought up is because they've been dominating the playing field and won't be stopping anytime soon. They have the most number of albums sold this yr and have broken countless records and have huge impacts inside and outside of Korea. So artist and album are out of the question even if it's too early to say for sure which leaves soty for Seventeen. Even if their music is good, their digitals fall short to other bgs who do relatively well in terms of digitals. Just because people mention BTS it doesn't necessarily mean crap or have anything to do with their fandom because everyone including people who think that 'other groups deserve a chance' knows that BTS dominated the playing field last yr and aren't going to stop or fall short. And it was more than fandom and popularity that won them those awards. Popularity comes from somewhere and doesn't come overnight. Judges give daesang based on their evaluation in addition to the results and impact and fans have practically no say in the matter no matter how big the size is. It's also based on the gp. As good as their music is and as talented as they are, they won't win daesang if their digitals aren't good enough because it's not just fans who play a role in this game. Gp don't give a crap about idols and don't buy albums but will stream the songs and will put them on replay if they're good. So before any fingers are pointed take a step back and think about this critically. Anyone can dream but if someone says it's unlikely because of (inserts reason here) don't say others are disregarding them or looking down on them especially when the chart rankings, sales, and other reasons say otherwise. Look at the situation from more angles.

Stopudelulu (Banned) Tuesday, January 15, 2019 0
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

the only category they have chance is soty not aloty or aroty

jaybeeonline Tuesday, January 15, 2019 0
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Please help us debut, Kim Seung Hun. follow him and watch his video on VLive and click hearts as much as you can.https://channels.vlive.tv/BEB80F/home thank you

ygwinner Tuesday, January 15, 2019 19
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

the only hope they have of winning daesang is maybe 'song of the year'.

Kriscental Tuesday, January 15, 2019 18
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Why do you say that? Do you know something about their future albums that the rest of us don’t? If so, please share

zero_red Tuesday, January 15, 2019 11
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Considering that album of the year is soley determined by sales, with bts still promoting I honestly dont think that'll but exo has a chance on contesting that. Since artist of the year also has sales and judging as part of the criteria, unless SVT performs better on the charts and has better sales numbers than bts I personally dont think they're getting artist of the year.

11 more replies

ygwinner Tuesday, January 15, 2019 5
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

well.. I mean how many albums do they sell? are they even close to what bts or exo sell? the only one I saw come close is wannaone. and we know they just disbanded. Not only that but it's all politics. the current trend right now is BTS. So they will make BTS win regardless. Everyone is sucking up to them.

5 more replies

-10

Blue1 Tuesday, January 15, 2019 0
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Maybe theyll get one the day theyll make good music.

-13

Stopudelulu (Banned) Tuesday, January 15, 2019 5
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Sorry no. Bts exists. Bts will conquer daesangs until 2021 then txt will take over. Lmao

yooonoon Tuesday, January 15, 2019 0
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Please leave your negative comments at home. Or don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything,

daebak_kpop Tuesday, January 15, 2019 0
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Wow, BTS would be so proud of you if they saw you talking like this about the people they're actually friends with.

MONSTA_X_SLAYS Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

When bts makes good music gimme a call

2 more replies

-14

bambamgot7 Tuesday, January 15, 2019 3
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Not gonna happen. BTS will win again this year.... award shows are corrupted.

gypsy_jaeger Tuesday, January 15, 2019 0
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

But BTS winning is no surprise at all... can't say the same for your faves tho 😂 You have to pray hard for them to win anything especially once SVT's popularity rises again...now that there's no more WannaOne

adnirvs Tuesday, January 15, 2019 0
Tuesday, January 15, 2019

What corruption? BTS deserves it. Check their sales and popularity. The number speaks for itself.

Stopudelulu (Banned) Tuesday, January 15, 2019 0