Article: '2018 MAMA' why bother holding it in Korea... a slow start
Source: Ilgan Sports via Nate
1. [+1,238, -40] It's a Korean award ceremony and yet this year was the first time in 10 years it was held here and only rookies were invited ㅋㅋ Mnet keeps trying to act like this is some global ceremony but they should shut up if they're not going to get Beyonce, Ed Sheeran, or Taylor Swift to come and just stick to hosting it in Korea. They call themselves global and have yet even host it in America.
2. [+1,081, -17] So they held Wanna One down since they need a main artist of the night ㅋㅋㅋ I just don't get why they need to divide the show into three countries?
3. [+790, -10] People kept complaining about it being held overseas so Mnet was like "ok here you go" and gave us a bunch of nugus ㅋㅋ
4. [+51, -0] What in the world was that Japanese girl group? Was that a school talent show performance? ㅋㅋ Mnet's really trying to sell this as a global ceremony with such low-class acts like that? ㅋㅋㅋ I was so embarrassed for them while watching ㅋㅋㅋ why were they even running around on the stage ㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+44, -0] The stages were so... ill prepared. 'M! Countdown' is better set up than this. I bet you that it's going to be super flashy in Hong Kong and Japan ㅡㅡ shouldn't have bothered hosting it in Korea at all
6. [+40, -0] I changed the channel yesterday. It was worse quality than a weekly music show ㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+39, -3] A MAMA without BTS~~~ and in Korea, no less...
8. [+25, -0] Mnet's not even special enough to be hosting this three times, just hold it all at once
9. [+25, -0] ㅋㅋㅋ Since when was MAMA considered a ceremony ㅋㅋㅋㅋ it's just a school talent reality show ㅋ
10. [+22, -1] Not even as good as 'Music Bank';;;