Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by danisurst AKP STAFF 28 days ago

Melody Day announces disbandment directly to fans through individual letters

Cre.ker Entertainment girl group Melody Day has disbanded after four years together.

The news of disbandment was revealed by two of the group's members - Yoomin and Yeoeun - on December 26, who both wrote personal messages to fans through their individual Instagram accounts.

"Hello, everyone. This is Melody Day's Yoomin. It seems like it's been a long time since I was able to greet you," Yoomin began her message.

After the end of a long deliberation, we have ended our contract with Cre.ker Entertainment and decided to all go our separate ways. I am really grateful to all the fans who supported me with constant love over the last four years when I promoted as Melody Day's Yoomin. I am going to try and prepare to show you a new side to me that I was unable to show during that time, and I hope that you remain interested in my activities.

"Please send me your warm words, and always be happy," she concluded.

"Hello, this is Melody Day's Yeoeun. Have you been enjoying the end of the year? It is with a large regret that I am delivering this news to you during a happy end of the year season,"
Yeoeun began, her own message captured through an image of her handwritten letter.

"I have left the company that I have been with for close to ten years. In the future, it seems like it will be difficult to introduce myself as a Melody Day member. It wasn't an easy decision as I spent a long time together with the company and the other members, but we made this decision out of support of one another. I am really sorry to the fans who have always just been waiting. For repay you for all of the love you have given me in the past, I will work even harder to return even better [than before.] Please continue to support and take care of our Melody Day members Yein, Chahee, and Yoomin!"

"To LOEN and Cre.ker Entertainment, who made my childhood dream to be a singer a reality, all of the staff who worked with Melody Day, everyone who loved Melody Day and their music, and to the other Melody Day members, thank you, I'm sorry, and I love you. I will work hard so that I can bring you good news next year. End 2018 well, be careful of catching a cold, and I love you.

Meanwhile, Melody Day debuted in 2014 with the single "Another Parting".

1. Melody Day
  2. YOOMIN
  3. YEOEUN
18 21,411 Share 88% Upvoted

K_aus 28 days ago 3
28 days ago

Such a shame, they have been such a great, underrated group. wish them the best for the future

zozame (Banned) 27 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

kimberlyjos23 (Banned) 27 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

kelyejeans667 (Banned) 27 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

eager_beaver 28 days ago 4
28 days ago

At least they were women enough to announce it. Far too many groups just vanish into thin air.

mipcy 27 days ago 3
27 days ago

I don't see being women have anything to do with this but okay... I guess...

eager_beaver 27 days ago 2
27 days ago

It's just an English expression. Men are "men enough to do something" and women are "women enough to do something". It just means they have the strength within them to do what needs to be done.

2 more replies

oliviasolscott 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Such a good, underrated group with great songs. I will miss them.

Tiger_Tony 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

Good luck to all the members in the future, Kiss on the lips was a great song, but there are so many new groups each year that sadly some will disband

kpoplolita 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

awww nooo i mean i didnt listen to them at all but i know a few of them tried their luck on the unit. The entire group is close to jennie and went together tp BPS concert in seoul... one of MD's members is jennies bestie and they are all beautiful and have great vocals. at least their friendship between the members is genuine.

I was actually on their account on ig and none of their individual ig pages have melody say info stated.

partyfan2013 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

OK, well, to just put it plain and simple, it definitely looks like we have said goodbye to one more girl group this year and that group is Melody Day. It is really such a shame that they had to part ways for good after just ONLY three entire years. But hey, we do have to wish them the very best of luck on what lies ahead for the ladies from here on out

krell 27 days ago 1
27 days ago

The last two SINGLES that MELODY DAY released did NOT sell too well. And they never had SALES as good as the STELLAR Group "MARIONETTE" MV either (which sold about 150,000 ; best of MELODY DAY was about 90,000 SALES). But MELODY DAY had their chance, and lasted LONGER than a LOT of Female K-pop Groups. Overall, I would argue that MELODY DAY members should be pleased in looking back at their overall K-pop experience. Sadly, NOT quite the MONEY from it that they might wish though.

krell 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

More now, it seems like IF that a Female K-pop Group does NOT have a pretty good SONG SALES *success* in their first two MV released songs, that the AGENCY will likely DROP them (stop funding more MVs). You MUST show that 'trending UPWARDS' situation ; or pretty quickly, you are finished. I've been watching WEKI MEKI Group ; and one does WONDER if that their AGENCY will *only* retain DOYEON (member) as a like FASHION SHOOT MODEL and maybe ACTRESS, maybe SOLO K-pop. And the REST of the members are 'set to fade away' if you will.

krell 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

MELODY DAY Group seems like EXID Group with NO FANNY DANCE (HANI) 'breakthrough' song (UP&DOWN).

ygwinner 28 days ago 1
28 days ago

this is why everyone should respect older GGs and not say they are no longer nations girl group etc. just because maybe 'newer' GGs have current popularity or broke their records. A lot of them won't even make it to even half the amount of years older GGs have. They are lucky to get to maybe 3 or 5 years at the most before they disband.

Tulog_Ako 27 days ago 0
27 days ago

it bcuz alot of fans there only focus on their fav kpop group and ignore the others cuz they aint popular.. Lulz that why music dont last years in kpop..just like key said he jealous of TVXQ cuz their music still being played even tho its old.

Lisa