Every K-Pop fan's dream is to travel to Korea and explore to their heart's content. Some might be scared to go abroad for fear of not being able to communicate but don't worry! You don't have to be completely fluent to make it. Here are some helpful phrases to help you get around.
1. 안녕하세요 (ahn-nyung-ha-se-yo) — Hello
2. 반갑습니다 (bahn-gap-seup-ni-da) — Nice to meet you.
3. 제 이름은 _____ (jeh- ee-reum-un _____) — My name is _____.
4. 안녕히 계세요 (ahn-nyung-hee geh-seh-yo; Formal) / 안녕히 가세요 (ahn-nyung-hee gah-seh-yo) — Goodbye.
There's two ways you can say goodbye.안녕히 계세요 is used if you are leaving. 안녕히 가세요 is used if the other person is leaving.
5. 감사합니다 (gam-sa-ham-ni-da) — Thank you.
You can also say 고맙습니다 (go-mahp-seup-ni-da) which is the informal way to say Thank you.
This can be used to flag someone down like a waiter.
Even if you might not have all the words to explain your situation. This phrase alone would be enough to alert natives you're in need of help.