Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by elliefilet AKP STAFF 6 days ago

Girls' Generation's Tiffany releases official statement and apology for father's recent fraud controversy

Girls

Girls' Generation's Tiffany released an official statement and apology for her father's recent fraud controversy.

On December 5, the Girls' Generation member explained she hasn't been in contact with her father in 7 years, and she'd taken responsibility for his debt on multiple occasions in the past. Tiffany's agency Transparent Artist released the following statement on her behalf:

"Hello, this is Tiffany. Yesterday, I read the post written by the person who was hurt by my father in the past through the news. I felt terrible and apologetic, so I decided to deliver a statement to everyone.

Actually, I experienced a difficult childhood due to my father's various problems. Even after my debut, I was threatened by people who knew my father for his various debts, which I was not aware of. Moreover, I was pressured by my father himself into paying off his debt.

Because I thought it had to do with family matters, I took the financial responsibility multiple times. Therefore, I was always afraid that I would cause harm to my dear members and the people around me. Because I could no longer handle the issues, I broke ties with my father, and we decided to live our own lives. It has been 7 years since I've been in contact with him.

It was not an easy decision to talk about my family matters through such unpleasant news but I decided to write due to my apologetic mind towards those who were harmed by my father and situations related to me. Once again, I sincerely apologize for this controversy."

1. Girls' Generation
  2. Tiffany
67 Share 83% Upvoted

kas7ia 6 days ago 1
6 days ago

Ugh. It's not her fault, she shouldn't have to apologize :(

hotpLEcaraT 6 days ago 0

RoAnon9935 6 days ago 18
6 days ago

I broke ties with my mom over 12 years ago, not many people can wrap their heads around why kids do this. Just because they are our parents does not mean we are forced to like them. Her dad sounds like a shady person and it was the right choice to cut off contact if he was not about to change. But estranged father or not people should not be going after kids for sht their parents did.

Yuckfire 6 days ago 11
6 days ago

No but it does put in perspective of them giving you existence , its the ultimate debt. My mom and I got problems but to cut ties with her not only does it seem hypocritical since i wouldn't want her to cut ties with me when I was difficult but i would never want her to regret having me.

That being said, maybe your reasons are truly valid in your eyes then its your right to make the call

Ah_Chuu 6 days ago 4
6 days ago

Gosh, as a mother I'd be embarrassed to believe that just because I grew a particular human once upon a time I could never behave in such a way that he would be right to never want to see me again. It's talked up a lot but giving someone life is usually the easy part, they have drugs to help with that now. It's what you do in the years that follow that proves your worth as a parent, and a lot of parents half-ass that part or are actually harmful.

Someone close to me is currently disconnecting from her parents after realising the extent of their manipulation and emotional neglect over the years. It's more than someone just being a pain to deal with once in a while. When the only reason you have left to keep someone in your life is 'because they're my parent', then maybe everyone would ultimately be happier apart...

4 more replies

Canucks4Life 6 days ago 3
6 days ago

My grandfather was emotionally and sexually abusive to my mother and her siblings, and my grandmother was a raging alcoholic.

My mother cut ties with her parents to protect us from her father which is the best reason any parent can have for removing herself from there influence. She protected us like her mother failed to do for her.

3 more replies

Nina14red 5 days ago 0
5 days ago

There is absolutely nothing wrong or hypocritical with some children having to cut ties with their parents. Not everyone is capable of taking care of a child. Some people are sexually, physically, emotionally abused and manipulated by their own parents. Not all parents are actual parents. There are children (young and old) suffering right now at this very moment because of their "parents" neglect and mistreatment. Everyone does not have great loving parents.

2 more replies

dtrj787 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

It's just the asian culture. They believe things should be settled and its on the family to take care of it.

NineMusesMinha 6 days ago 0

so ur in ur late 20s?

6 more replies

Ah_Chuu 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

I feel so bad for Tiffany having to share something that is probably a very upsetting part of her history just because she's famous and it was convenient to drag her name into things. I wonder if SM had some way of protecting her from these stories previously and it is all coming out now because she no longer has a big company in her court.

People shit on Tiffany all the time but imagine losing one parent at a young age and then having to make the call to disconnect from the other. She's a tough cookie. It's no wonder she's always been so passionate about SNSD.

Anpanman 6 days ago 7
6 days ago

He father didn't care about risking his daughter's career so she shouldn't even apologize. I doubt all these scamming parents of celebrities are geniuses of scam or smth, so people probably throw money at them and their fake business the moment they mention their child's name without looking further in what they're investing in. I hope cases like this will teach everyone not to do that.

kizaru_hijin 6 days ago 6
6 days ago

still cute, when you longan_lychee desperately try to sound nice, while being the most disgusting sexist trash ever, who wishes male celebrities to die, because according to you they are all criminals and rapists...

Anpanman 6 days ago 5
6 days ago

Unless you come up with another shitty delusional pasta, don't reply to me ever again. It's time to fix your shitty bot, akp

5 more replies

Zin_Win 5 days ago 0
5 days ago

Tiffany is Tiffany and her father is her father.

don't put a trash on Fany for the things that's she never do.

Trouble maker is her father not Fany.

some knetizen is really annoying in this case.

jeyjin 6 days ago 2
6 days ago

I'm very satisfied with her response. She aknowledged the issue and she showed her attempts to fix the problems with his debtors but she also tells her audience that her father is not her responsibility in a really nice way. I hope her audience understands her stance on the matter

Notmykl 5 days ago 1
5 days ago

Tiffany shouldn't even had to make a response. Her father's financial problems are his and his alone not hers. She shouldn't have to apologize nor acknowledge the idiot who decided to drag in an innocent woman into a dispute he has with her father.

jeyjin 5 days ago 0
5 days ago

I don't agree or disagree with you on that. I didn't think she was going to make a statement because she makes music in the US now but she still has her korean audience so i don't blame her. I don't know why she felt a need to make a statement but i like the statement she made.

Canucks4Life 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Honestly I understand Korean traditions and the family dynamic are different but no one should have to apologize for there parents actions.

Should my mother apologize for her father sexually and emotionally abusing her, no that's on him just like this is on her father.

lunachick415 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Dang, I really feel for Tiffany. Her mom committed suicide, and her father made her responsible for his mess to the point that he drove her away. She's effectively without parents now. I myself have been estranged from my mom for nearly 7 years, too, at this point. It's terrible to have to do it, but you reach a point where the abuse and toxicity are too much that you have no choice but to cut ties in order to gain peace and stability.

Fritzb 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Family issues like this are really tough, but at some point you have to say enough is enough. You can't hold yourself responsible for the actions of others. For some people, it would just never end.

My former boss had a son like that. The son was a con-artist, pure and simple. He created fake identities of supposed rich heirs and got high-level credit cards in their names. My former boss paid off some of the debts at first, but it just kept happening and the numbers got too big really fast. His son took American Express (Australia) for over $100K!

ychofficial 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

How could he do this knowing Tiffany's mother is dead. Now she has no parents.

MXKpopFan 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

i just....feel so damn bad for her :(

My mother defrauded me 8 yrs ago and I still go to therapy. You think of your parent as..well, a parent up until that point... then they become a stranger. And with a fraud case comes A LOT of lying that slowly unfolds like a terrible wound being opened on your skin. I was never the same after that but I AM surviving. Be strong Tiff <3

Kpoplover1713 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Poor Tiff, but I'm glad she's able to speak her truth and just put it out there. When she gave that interview during The Boys era, I thought they did not talk because she was so busy. It's interesting and sad to know the truth now

dianeantonet 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

I think she doesnt need to be apologetic since its her fanther fault. She even said she take care some of those problems. I just wonder how did she manage to stay strong all through out the years. Especially when her mother comit suicide when shes 12 years ood. Then her father is like this???Imagine how did she grow up on this kind of environment??? Tiffany is so strong so please dont judge her or say something bad because just look how the girl manage to survive??? She work her ass for what she have right now. And I dont think she deserve this kind of talking.

hyukki 11 hours ago 0
11 hours ago

Do not apologize for your father's mistake.

singingsoul1800 2 days ago 0
2 days ago

from what I remember on TTS reality show, didn't the girls come out of tiffany's dad's house and hung out at the community pool in the neighborhood?? At least the show said it was her dads house. So I'm a little confused with all the facts...

T_ara_Sone_Blink 5 days ago 0
5 days ago

OMG! I respected and loved Fany before this, for her wonderful positive upbeat attitude! Now I am truly amazed by the strength of her character! She is a true hero!!!

KimAC 5 days ago 0
5 days ago

Unfortunately its a cultural thing again. Guilty by association. That's why she has to apologise. Of course it's not her fault at all. You can't pick your relatives.

DED_LEE 5 days ago 0
5 days ago

awws.. our poor Tiffy!!

nymeria24 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

omg i don't know if i should call my self a SOne, i have no clue!!! i feel so bad for her.. i thought she returning to USA was because of him ;(

LulaLula (Banned) 6 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

KirbyX 6 days ago 0

Kosmo_Lap 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Whoa. All these while I thought that her father was rich after seeing those "k-pop idols from rich families" kind of articles.

9AF 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

She should not be responsible for his debts or fraudulent activities and it's very selfish for him to think so.

pink_oracle 6 days ago 1
6 days ago

I remember ages ago on a TV show Tiffany publicly apologised to her father for not making enough effort to keep in contact after she moved to SK. I guess even back then she had started to figure out he was toxic.

kizaru_hijin 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

ironic, coming from one of the biggest snsd hater here, who even used multiple accounts like chuck_t for your hate rants against them...desperate for some likes, that you decided to sound nice for a change?

KirbyX 6 days ago 0

...

MsWanderer 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

What is it with Koreans and trying to make fast money by borrowing and loaning? Its a thing, I get it but you shouldn't abuse it. I have tons of past high school Korean friends who's folks were also in this kind of ordeal. Kind of sad that I thought she came from a fairly Americanize family but it makes sense now that she doesn't talk about her fam much in the past. I can see why with her mom's past too if this was throughout her life growing up. Super sad but so proud that shes come this far and has kept a smile through it all, me not even realizing.

KpopDani 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Urgh I hate this whole, your family does something wrong so you are guilty by assosciation. She shouldn't have to make a formal apology because a family member fucked up. The father should be the one apologising. Not her!

EXID_is_the_EXIT 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Is this the 2d time that we hear that the father of a singer does this?

krell 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

TIFFANY (SNSD) did the correct strategy ; to explain in MORE detail the nature of the situation. From what TIFFANY says, it *seems* like as SNSD Group made MORE MONEY (7 Years Ago), her FATHER was 'hitting on her' to get 'his share' of HER MONEY somehow. Which, as TIFFANY says, it is FORTUNATE for her that this situation with her FATHER did NOT become more PUBLICLY KNOWN in S.KOREA. When SNSD Group was 'ON TOP' for Female K-pop Groups. At THIS point in time, the MONEY consequences to OTHER members of SNSD Group would seem NOT very much, in my estimation. But 7 YEARS AGO, IF this had become KNOWN, it *might* have been a LOT more consequential. And TIFFANY herself seems to note that too.

Snapfishs (Banned) 5 days ago 0
5 days ago

Comment has been deleted

sandra2ne1black 6 days ago 2
6 days ago

Tiffany a woman w/ a pretty smile (inside), she may look conformist woman but in reality she is a very competitive woman (herself said it), Tiffany is the kind of person who does not like to lose and tries everything to win, her psychology is interesting.

No offense, but on this scandal there may be 2 hypothesis:

sandra2ne1black 6 days ago 1

No offense, but on this scandal there may be 2 hypothesis:

(hypotesis by @/Tpop_Zbloggerz97A)

• • • The 1st HYPOTHESIS: "Tiffany was a victim of her father, she knew almost nothing, she tried to make him reflect but she did not get it, so she decided not to talk to him for almost 7 yrs, she was worried that his work illicit could affect snsd's image, poor girl living a hard life since childhood, she decided to move away and live in Korea without knowing anything about her father's dirty work illicit, now she seeks her own happiness"

• • • The 2nd HYPOTHESIS: "Tiffany knew all about her father's illicit work, but she acted as if nothing would happen for many years, The day she was accepted in sm's casting, she had to blackmail her father to sign the permit/authorization that would allow her to work and live in sm (s.korea) fulfilling her own personal dreams in SM, (with the condition that she will not say anything) ofc she preferred to focus on her own career and her own success. she saw and knew about the suffering of many people who were affected by her father, but she still did not say anything becoming an accomplice as a witness to her father's crimes, but now that all this scandal is discovered, that could mess up her solo career, The only thing that remains is to try to self-save herself without caring that her father or anyone else is locked in jail b/c her solo career is her priority now, she does not think to risk her future so she prefers to take the position of victim, that works better. therefore better to give an apology everyone before to be included among the investigated by justice. Of course her father will prefer not to mess up her image or her solo career, so he prefers to receive all the accusations and blame alone.

alicehalf 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

She already started to paid her father's debt after she debuted, did you actually read her words?

She left her father to go live with her auntie in South Korea when she was 16, she lost her mom when she was 12, her mom suicided. Tiffany's relationship with her father was pretty bad, he was against her career in music. Her passion for dance and music come from her mother who worked in Arts, but her father didn't like it.

11 years ago, when she debuted and was successful, she started to get in contact with her father to help him, but it doesn't helped their relationship, he uses her so she stopped any contact with him, 7 years ago, because this is a toxic relationship. She wants to improve and forgive her father for what happened during her childhood, but he didn't help anyway.

Every Sones knows that Tiffany lived like an orpheline with the death of her mother and her hatred for her father because he always showed his dislike for her career and her passion. And this is probably why it's complex here because it shows that her father mays hated her mother, but knowing how Tiffany loves and admired her mother for her artistic works, it must hurted her a lot when he was against her dream.

He ignored her all the time she was a trainee under SM, he only gets in contact with her when she debuted and became popular. This is when she started to help him pay his debts.

She only revealed that her mother's death few years later SNSD debuted, and only revealed that her mother's death was a suicide only this year in an American interview magazine.

Who knows if her father is the reason why her mother suicided? or the reason why he hated Tiffany's career in an artistic area? or the reason why Tiffany left her dad without telling him, to realize her dream?

It's just obvious that Tiffany dont' like her father and always had a bad relationship with him, that's why she always showed love to her mother and like to talk about her than him, he was probably at fault in this drama and probably had serious problems with her mother. His debts is from his faults, not Tiffany's. She tried to help him and the reason why she stoped to do it it was probably that she realized that he was still a bad person.

It won't surprise me if he used Tiffany's name to make money, his debts is just too dirty.

jessromans (Banned) 6 days ago 1

Comment has been deleted

pwswan 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

You're the parent of a Kpop star and scam people?

walkertexasrange 6 days ago 2

I see where Tiffany gets her Daddy issues from now. It all maks sense

KatM 6 days ago 1
6 days ago

Can you give me some examples of her daddy issues?

Or are you just talking out of your fucking ass.

walkertexasrange 6 days ago 0