Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by beansss AKP STAFF 23 days ago

Kim Hyun Joong delivers personal apology for his past controversies during 'When Time Stopped' press conference

Kim Hyun Joong

On October 23, actors and staff of upcoming KBS-World's 'When Time Stopped' attended a press conference ahead of the drama's premiere. The attending lead actors and actresses included Kim Hyun Joong, Ahn Ji Hyun, In Gyo Jin, Lim Ha Ryong, and more.

SEE ALSO: The first episode of Kim Hyun Joong's comeback drama records a disappointing viewer rating of 0.1%

'When Time Stopped' marks Kim Hyun Joong's first returning project in the entertainment industry since his legal battle with his ex-girlfriend over matters of pregnancy, assault, and more, which began in 2014. Then, back in April of 2017, the singer/actor was also charged with a DUI.

During the press conference, Kim Hyun Joong relayed, "I've returned with a project after 4 long years. I would like to thank the press for their attention, as the attention is larger than I expected."

He continued, "To be honest, a lot happened in the past 4 years, and I caused many people worry and concern. I do not know where to start offering my word of apology and forgiveness. From here on, I will live and show you that I am just a person, rather than saying that I will make up for it with better acting or music."

The SS501 member wrapped up his apology with, "I do not know how viewers will react while watching this drama, but I believe that if I start to consider such things, it will become an endless abyss of thoughts. I simply thought hard about how to express my character. I studied my character and lived as him for the pas 3 months. It is now up to the viewers to judge."

'When Tim Stopped' premieres on KBS-W this October 24 at 11 PM KST.

48 Share 72% Upvoted

taleebe9 23 days ago 1
23 days ago

That's true though, I never understood people coming back from a controversy to show better acting or music. That's their job to begin with, they have to give their all either way, right?

SharonGarmed09 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

teleri 23 days ago 3
23 days ago

Glad to see him back, and wish reporters would just let the scandal go. Choi Hye Mi is the lying convicted fraud in this scandal, lost all her court cases and admitted lying. KHJ's the victim, as is his son.

SS501SS301 23 days ago 2
23 days ago

What's the latest updates from the 18th court case? What was the outcome of it?

KHJUSAfan 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

final ruling of Criminal case was choi guilty both fraud and defemation. however penalty of inital ruling remained the same just 5 million won

SharonGarmed09 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

Por supuesto que gano!!!

KHJUSAfan 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

I want to appologize to KHJ for press trying Hijack the press confrence about his Drama with questions about his personal life. I believe When Time Stopped aka At the Moment will be a huge success

Sanzida 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

As for khj!!! I am glad you are back!!

Keep fighting with this yellow journalism - trash sites...

SS501SS301 23 days ago 3
23 days ago

I love the way allkpop and Soompi continuously keep mentioning about his "controversy" in every article about him, including the ones about his drama but they don't mention or give any updates on the latest results of the court case. The fact that Choi Hye Mi was fined for fraud, defamation of character, lying about so many things etc. And KHJ was proven innocent from whatever cases she filed against him.

Also, seriously hate the way the journalist asked him that question during the press conference from the drama. I was expecting it tbh, and I'm sure he too expected it but seriously do they know nothing about work ethics and professionalism? Keep work and personal life separate please. Disgusting honestly to throw that question out there to him during that conference. He must've felt so uncomfortable for himself and also for his fellow actors who were there with him.

KHJUSAfan 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

its a terrible shame but have to say KHJ handled it as Henecia would expect of him with simple sincerity and dignity..

bangeryun94 22 days ago 1
22 days ago

At least Allkpop allows a conversation about him.

SS501SS301 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

Yeah but all they do is report all the bad stuff about him, nothing about the good stuff. They're so biased, it's really ridiculous. They did the exact same thing now with the ratings for the first episode of the drama.

I guess it's upto us now to report on the court proceedings and verdict and keep others updated on it. Guess I gotta say thanks to Allkpop for allowing us guys to also post articles. Sure will come in useful.

hohliu 23 days ago 10
23 days ago

I am sincerely just curious. Henecia fan members, does KHJ communicate with his core fan members during the tough years? Does he directly keep the fans with updated news of his life and does he personally thank fans often for their support? In these tough years, if KHJ takes care of his huge fanclub. He will have a career to come back too. But if he did not, it will be very hard.

I am just curious if he does actively treasure his fans personally instead of others doing the job for him.

KHJUSAfan 23 days ago 2
23 days ago

KHJ is very active with his Henecia just this last week he played with us on two instagram live sessions... he answers our questions. to be fair we respect his right to a private personal life so we dont ask him questions about that. However he does share parts of his presonal life with us and we are thankful to him and happy that he chooses to do so.

hohliu 23 days ago 1
23 days ago

I see. I am not a fanclub member of any idol. I remember being curious about it but you need to be in SK to join. THat was about 6-8yrs ago. I guess, this must have progress since. International fans can sign up in English too. But often you need to be invited to join some fanclubs. Membership is limited.

So I am curious how the idol actually touch base with their fans. I think it is good they make time to communicate with their fans as the fans support the idols/celebs.

BTW, what does Henecia mean?

KHJUSAfan 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

Right now KHJs offical homepage is under renivations so this years membership has not been reopened but last years member still enjoy privilage of private message board there to message KHJ. notices of his activities were posted there for public until renovations began. Henecia means Hyun Joongs blessings... its a term he coined by combining spanish word for blessings with his name. So the name he gave us in and of its self shows how deeply he cherishes us fans. As a Henecia I am proud and honored to counted as a blessing in his life because his music has been a true blessing in mine. The relationship between KHJ and his Henecia is very Symbiotic. both sides giveing to and taking from the eachother. In case of Henecia we also get our fellow Henecia from all over the world.. we count our Henecia family as one of the many gifts KHJ has given us.

teleri 23 days ago 5
23 days ago

He's very thankful to his fans. He's opened various social media accounts (which he didn't like to do apparently) just for his fans, and posted stuff for us on them. Even before that he'd give out info and messages to his fans.

5 more replies

SharonGarmed09 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

Kim Hyun Joong all our support from Mexico, you are the best and the series is going to be a success all your fans of the world supporting your return. I LOVE YOU!!! Al aire libre

Sanzida 23 days ago 3
23 days ago

Choi is a criminal... Fraud...

Why are you acting like khj is at fault???

And i thought this conference was about the drama..

Why are you making personal headlines of it?

Trashkpop

BangDaeJae 23 days ago 2
23 days ago

What are you even complaining for? Allkpop isn't acting like anyone is at fault. They didn't ask him the question nor did they ask him to apologize (which in my opinion he didn't need to). The journalist at the event is who you should be directing your anger at, allkpop are simply reporting what he said at the event.

KHJUSAfan 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

Allkpop article shouldnt just be a rehash of what some other so called journalist said... they should have added the court verditcs if they were going to mention court cases...

also if they want to bring up child fair reports would mention how Choi pulled out of the paternity case preventing the judge from ruling on DNA test and establishing KHJ paternal rights if that sealed test did indeed reveal KHJ as father to child.

Sanzida 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

oh hello.... at the first para of the article they talked about the cases against him... but if that is an information.... it is not proper...not completed....when you are mentioning something..you should give the updated information... shouldn't they have told about the verdict of the cases? any person will think he was the culprit...but not he was the victim there...as a journalist if your give part of information as you like..without giving the complete one...that is biased journalism....that is yelllow journalism.

Sanzida 23 days ago 2
23 days ago

You call this a report? You trash head journalist..

It doesnt have proper informations... You talked about the cases.. But helllooooo.. Where is the information of the verdicts of the cases??

Whoever wrote this... I am ashamed of you... As a journalism student... You call yourself a journalist???

lovinmama 23 days ago 1
23 days ago

My guess is, this is as much information as is available right now. Everything else is probably very private to protect the child. Not much to report I guess.

KHJUSAfan 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

acurrate reporting with known information about the child is lacking also... everyone talks about how the dna test was confirmed because chois lawyer said so and some anonomous hospital staff supposedly confirmed it.. but its a court ordered dna test results are sealed and aent to the judge.. and the judge never got to rule on the dna test because choi dropped the case before the ruling could be made.

jeyjin 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

I hope this will teach him to choose the people in his life more wisely. I also hope that he will be in his child's life no matter how busy he is.

Miyako_TS 23 days ago 0

❤❤❤❤❤

IrisRose 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

He continues to respond to these questions with such dignity. I am so impressed with his determination and his long-thought out decisions to not give up.

SharonGarmed09 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

lovinmama 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

I am so glad to see Kim Hyung Joong is finally back. His personal life has nothing to do with his talent. I personally miss him and I am glad to see him out there again. I hope he will be very successful so that he can take care of his child.

monroe (Banned) 23 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

Longan_Lychee 16 days ago 0
16 days ago

Trash

Dawn_Bradman 17 days ago 0
17 days ago

I am appalled at the constant sniping of SK journalists and media regarding Kim Hyun Joong's 'controversies'. Journalism should be impartial and tell the whole story about an event, including reporting who are the actual victims in this instance - Kim Hyun Joong, who was proven innocent of all Choi's false accusations, and the child. Instead of trying to gain the best 'shock' headlines by reporting only the proven lies of this woman, they should have included the verdicts of 3 courts, detailing her crimes of blackmail, fraud and defamation of character.

Kim Hyun Joong, as always, handled this attempt at hijacking the press conference for 'When Time Stops', with the grace and dignity that we have come to expect from him. It was unfair towards all the cast members making for an uncomfortable time experienced by all. 'When Time Stops', is an excellent new drama and I look forward to each new episode with anticipation as the plot unfurls. The cast worked well together and this Press Conference was their chance to shine, and promote their new series, NOT an arena for trash journalism at it's worst.

Kim Hyun Joong brings enjoyment into so many lives worldwide, through his acting and music that I personally, and I am sure, all Henecia, wish him every success and happiness for the future.

mrcloris 23 days ago 0
23 days ago

MM, normalmente solemos pisar, la carne que esta en el suelo, por que consideramos que es basura, solo por que se, equivoco, cometió un error, o simplemente, le hicieron una zancadilla, y se cayo,, somos como víboras esperando para alimentarnos,, bueno eso dijo una persona muy famosa, y yo pienso, que es " muy cierto" no aceptamos que alguien pueda superar, lo hecho, por que nosotros somos perfectos, hacer lo correcto es lo nuestro, cuando alguien , no nosotros, por que nosotros tenemos motivos para equivocarnos, pero gente como Kim Hyun Joong,,, que tiene plata, que, de paso se la gano en una caja de detergente,, o se la regalo algún fan, ,, comete "errores" o " se los hacen cometer" o peor, "hacen creer que lo hizo", es necesario e imperativo, que no renazca, ni tenga la audacia de querer demostrar que estábamos equivocados, y que agradecerá con su arduo trabajo, a los que han confiado y creído en él,,,, que tristeza de personas somos algunas, como no nos ha sucedido, algo parecido, preferimos "condenar",, a ser condescendientes y apoyar, ser Círineos, ,, yo prefiero lo último, no vaya a se que cuando necesite de uno, no lo halle,,

MiriamUndCh 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

Allkpop you should to apologize with him.

Horrible bad memory ad horrible media.

Anpanman 23 days ago 7
23 days ago

Improving acting skills? How can one improve something he doesn't possess? Oppar fighting! I hope he gets to demonstrate his insane martial skills here (not on the femc hopefully) <333

KHJUSAfan 22 days ago 0
22 days ago

second reply to this comment as nonsence about martial arts demonstration has been added. The military court prosecution investigated this and found evidence that she actually harmed herself by knocking over gym equiptment onto herself. Choi lied and hide this information from KHJ and the court. She even went so far as to Dr Shop so she could frame KHJ for abuse. hater trolls like Anpanman are aware of the investigations, evidence and court verdits that revealied these truths. could it be they must project the evil in thier own hearts and minds onto others? perhaps its to cover for thier own inferiorty? Or maybe is just that ole green eyed monster know as jealousy?

KHJUSAfan 22 days ago 5
22 days ago

showing your ignorance once again i see...you can always improve upon something. your opinion of his acting is your opinion. However the success of his dramas indicates the opposite belife to be one most commonly held which is he is very talented

5 more replies