An elderly woman died from a fire caused by a stray cat.
Around 4:45 pm on June 22, a 72-year-old woman died and her 71-year-old husband suffered from a burn on his arm after their house caught on fire.
According to the Gyeonggi-do Fire Department, the fire flared onto the house while the husband was collecting trash. During the police investigation, the husband stated, "I collect trash around the house area in the early morning every day. I saw a stray cat that on fire running around." He claimed, "The fire (on the cat) immediately spread onto the house."
The husband claims the stray cat jumped into the house at the shock of the burning fire on his body. His wife, who injured her back 2 years ago, had trouble moving and failed to exit the house in time.
Currently, the police are continuing the investigation based on the husband's claims.