On March 22, Big Hit Entertainment released the company's 2017 fiscal results. The data showed that Big Hit made 32.5 billion KRW (30 million USD) in net profit, which is a 214% increase compared to the previous year.
1. YG 349.86 Billion KRW (324.3 Million USD)
2. SM 377.45 Billion KRW (350 Million USD)
3. JYP 102.24 Billion KRW (94.7 Million USD)
4. Big Hit 92.40 Billion KRW (85.6 Million USD)
2017 Net Profit
1. Big Hit 24.56 Billion KRW (22.7 Million USD)
2. JYP 16.36 Billion KRW (15.1 Million USD)
3. YG 11.91 Billion KRW (11 Million USD)
4. SM -4.70 Billion KRW (Negative 4.3 Million USD)
Although Big Hit made the lowest revenue compared to the BIG3, due to lower expenses and expenditures, Big Hit posted the highest net profit in 2017. With this said, experts believe Big Hit Entertainment had the most successful year in business with the highest profits.
The results are even more phenomenal considering that Big Hit only has one single K-Pop group, BTS, under their label.
The boy group with their successful international promotions and tours allowed the agency to have such an immense growth in profit, and the agency is expected to continue their success with the growth of BTS' worldwide fame.