Big Bang's T.O.P under investigation for marijuana use

By harmony4377   28 days ago   286,207   30,265   404
Big-Bang,TOP,G-Dragon

Big Bang's T.O.P has allegedly been charged with smoking marijuana.

On June 1, the Seoul Drug Criminal Investigation Department brought up charges upon the member as a result of a hair test that was conducted, indicating positive.

The investigation suggests that T.O.P. may have been smoking marijuana last October, a few months before his enlistment in February. Whether the member smoked the drug on a daily basis was never known.

Meanwhile, G-Dragon has also been charged with an account of smoking marijuana in May of 2011. The idol earned a negative mark on his criminal record, but was not publicly prosecuted.

YG Entertainment has yet to address the reports.

SEE ALSO: Big Bang's 'Fantastic Baby' MV hits over 300 million views!

1. Big Bang
  2. T.O.P
  3. G-Dragon

CrayRAyy 25 days ago

Ok i'm not against TOP but i don't understand why people don't think this is a serious case. I mean Marijuana. Marijuana may not be a drug as dangerous as cocaine, heroin or meth but it's still a prohibited substance that is harmful for a person's mental ability. It has the same effect as most of the common prohibited drugs out there. It's medicinal but i don't think it can still be "medicinal" when smoked. I know that a lot of countries have legalized weed already (for very wrong reasons) but that doesn't mean that it is still morally correct to smoke it. I do hope though that k-netz will not be bitchy with TOP after this issue. I still support the man and if this is true, i hope he'll change

teleri CrayRAyy 25 days ago

The only thing wrong with marijuana is that it's illegal in many places. The only thing making smoking or otherwise using it 'immoral' is when one is breaking the law to do so. This is a substance about as dangerous as caffeine, for heaven's sake. There's all sorts of false 'science' that's demonized it over the years, which a lot of people have believed. You just spewed a lot of that. But you are misinformed. Go look up the actual science on the subject.

Mirtika teleri 21 days ago

It's actually got more medicinal and industrial uses than caffeine (and caffeine is actually beneficial for some thigns, too.) Why not make junk food illegal? That causes more medical problems than marijuana. Refined sugar, ban it right now. It has NO known necessary benefits medically. And it makes you fat if you eat too much, and increases inflammation. How about that? Wonder if folks will start smuggling cakes and cookies and chocolate bars.

teleri Mirtika 21 days ago

Yep - LOL Totally on point.

kj94lee CrayRAyy 20 days ago

oh man you gotta study some jurisprudence to understand that illegal does not necessarily equate to immoral. smoking weed might be illegal in some countries, but i dont see why it being 'immoral'. harms no one.

jiminbabe123 27 days ago

lol woooow he smoked weed its not like he did meth or crack

Longan_Lychee jiminbabe123 27 days ago

He did coke though, according to a Japanese gossip publication

Annggeell Longan_Lychee 26 days ago

Cocaine is highly addicting, is that possible? The substance abuse counselor guest said u can't get out of it by yourself.

bangeryun94 Longan_Lychee 26 days ago

Don't do that. Not a soul is saying that is TOP. That's just AKP who starts drinking soju Friday mornings

jiminbabe123 Longan_Lychee 25 days ago

really???

vincentrob11 27 days ago

These drugs law need to be repealed. Weed is a medication now. Not dangerous nor harmful to anyone.

anotherSONE vincentrob11 26 days ago

indonesian (people from Aceh to be exact) eat it just like a salad

heeheehe 27 days ago

Come to Washington TOP, marijuana is legal here~

Mirtika 27 days ago

It's unbelievable that in this day and age, with all the verified benefits of the marijuana plant for various conditions and industrial uses, that we still have these regressive laws against it. I've never used MJ (I would, if I had a medical condition it helped), but it's been decades since this should have been made legal. To cause a ruckus over someone smoking it (again, never eaten or smoked it) is DUMB as crap.

dabaddestfreturn 27 days ago

"Drug use" lmao, sweetie..

Kurare 27 days ago

*looks at SK.* -- *looks at Colorado* -- *blinks blankly*

yeahkpop16 27 days ago

While I understand that he may have broken the law and will probably have to pay the penalty for it, I'm a little disturbed about how he got caught. Allegedly, this occurred in the privacy of his own home with only one other person with him. If true, the only way he was found out was if the girl gave him up to the police. The article says she has a history of drug-related incidents. Could it be that she was arrested and they offered her a lighter sentence if she named names? I hope Top gets through this okay and learns his lesson that it's better not to take chances with stuff like this. In other countries, unless caught in the act, it's not a problem but apparently it's completely different in S.K.

Mirtika yeahkpop16 27 days ago

And choose his female companions more wisely.

just_aying 27 days ago

I knew if I say this comment, there will be tons of negative votes. Whatever. I won't be surprise if all the members smoke marijuana. Look at them, they all portray themselves as like gangster wannabe (no hate here).

L_catzzz just_aying 26 days ago

I only see 1 positive votes. Lol. Anyway, among BB members I don't think Taeyang and Daesung smoke though. They don't even smoke cigarettes. They've always been taking care of their health/body. U know... the type that like to maintain that body shape. Unlike GD and TOP, who were known to be smoking. Not sure about Seungri though. He said he didn't smoke. Plus, he himself said there are 2 smokers in Bigbang (which we already know who). http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/01/g-dragon-reveals-he-quit-smoking

teleri L_catzzz 21 days ago

Yeah, Seungri - he just drinks too much. SOOOOO much better, ain't it ~facepalm~

judyi 27 days ago

I hope that TOP reflects on this. I'm not leaving as i am still your fan, however I am disappointed. A member also went thru the pain you will go thru, I wished that, that was the last time it would happen. I know you will be in pain and I know it will be hard. I sincerely love you but some problems are left for only you to recover from. I was hoping that once he entered in the Army he could somehow beat the loneliness of being alone. I guess this was just a ticking time bomb

woopsiedaisie judyi 27 days ago

Dude....it's just a little weed. It's not like he was smoking meth.

ggwtert woopsiedaisie 27 days ago

lels. little weed? still on SK it's illegal so respect the law. lels drug addict Idol. haha

judyi woopsiedaisie 26 days ago

I think the same, I'm a user too. The law is the law, you think he'd learn after seeing GD go thru such heartache as well

forever