Variety

Jeon So Mi says her mom recently smacked her with a frying pan

By yckim124   25 days ago   96,162   6,067   171
jeon-so-mi

Jeon So Mi revealed that she recently got smacked.

On the March 30 airing of 'Happy Together', Jeon So Mi brought laughter as she stated, "I don't think I've had puberty yet. I didn't live for very long."

SEE ALSO: Jeon So Mi shares the advice she gave her close friend on 'Produce 101' season 2

She then revealed, "I recently got smacked with a frying pan after I rebelled against my mom. I didn't feel like talking because I was tired after schedule but she was curious and kept asking me questions. So I expressed my irritation and she hit me with the frying pan that was in her hand."

To this, Jeon Hyun Moo commented, "That is puberty, So Mi."

1. Jeon So Mi
    2. happy together 3

QueenGG 17 days ago

haha omg that's lowkey funny

Jadewashere64 20 days ago

lol ouch

methodman88 24 days ago

The wooden spoon is the worst i've been hit with. Or the belt. Either way it hurt lol

RAS33 24 days ago

sleepers, broomsticks, kitchen utensils, rose stems, belts, hangers, anything that is with arms reach of my parents, thank god they aren't near knives.

RAS33 24 days ago

Sounds like something my mum would do

bubblemarsh 24 days ago

I mean this isn't that surprising if you're familiar with Asian culture in general. It's not off beat to beat your kids even though it was kind of played off as light-hearted here it's still kind of sad though :(

RGreene 24 days ago

asian parents and black/africa parents can be brutal sometimes

Mystica 24 days ago

That's so cruel and, harsh to be honest. My parents hit me before (when I was a child and teenager ofc)  with their hands but it was slight, and not that hard. I mean it was somehow punishable. BUT I cannot deny it made me sensitive, and sad .. sometimes I felt they hated me. In my teenage years, I started hitting the other kids, just like what my parents do to me at home. I am never gonna hit my children even if they rebelled me, there are some other stuff to punish your child rather than hitting them with your hands or objects! Poor Somi, that must hurt her so bad! A child is meant to be a child if they made a mess, or rebelled that means they are nature, and healthy .. you don't need to do domestic violence to make them obedient! You could ignore them, take off their best toys, or just don't give them allowance .. or just let the life raise them up! One day they will grow up and understand the life better than your harsh punishments. PERIOD

jay_t 25 days ago

I have been hit by so many things. My dad is puertorican and mom is asian. I got spank and hit so many things when I was little till 18 with anything that they can find with their eyes. Chancleta, hanger, Tv remote, frying pan, anything... sometimes with object like napkin or gloves. LOLL

jay_t 25 days ago

things = times.

HaHariwanto jay_t 25 days ago

thats mostly summed up my childhood. im so nostalgic thinking it now lmao

uzorai jay_t 24 days ago

napkin? hahahaha

jay_t uzorai 24 days ago

Like I said, all things that catch with their eyes. Mostly the closest object from where they are LOLL

ShayMin 25 days ago

that is some cartoon shit

extra