Group Chat
General Chat

Yoo Ah In responds to accusations of him using his health condition to get military exemption

By yckim124   4 days ago   70,147   3,597   90
yoo-ah-in

Actor Yoo Ah In responded to the accusations of him trying to get a military exemption.

It was recently revealed that Yoo Ah In is suffering from a bone tumor. Following the shocking news, his label assured fans that it is benign and his condition will not have severe harm on his daily life. However, it is going to delay Yoo Ah In's military enlistment. In fact, it's assumed that Yoo Ah In will get exempt from his mandatory service due to poor health condition.

SEE ALSO: Actor Yoo Ah In suffering from bone tumor

This is not the first time Yoo Ah In's military enlistment was affected by his health. Back in 2013, Yoo Ah In injured his shoulder while filming the movie 'Tough as Iron.' This prevented him from receiving approval for military enlistment.

Several netizens then started accusing Yoo Ah In of using his injury to get exempt from the mandatory service. In response to the latest report about Yoo Ah In's bone tumor, many netizens actually apologized for the past criticism on his delayed enlistment. However, some still accused him of using his health condition to get an exemption.

As his health continues to stir up controversy, Yoo Ah In spoke up to addressed the issue. He wrote a long letter to emphasize that he is not using his health condition to receive a military exemption.

Yoo Ah In stated, "I was aware that male celebrities can be misunderstood of using their injury or health condition to avoid military enlistment. That is why I completed all my schedule as planned and didn't reveal detailed information." He added, "It will definitely be possible for me to complete my mandatory service if an abnormal growth of the tumor does not occur."

He emphasized, "My injury and the health condition that is currently creating controversies are my misfortune. It is not a tool for me to avoid military enlistment."

Lastly, he said, "The fact that I have to ask for forgiveness to others for my misfortune struggles me but as an actor who grows with the public's love and attention, I decided to accept it as my responsibility. I will overcome the pain the controversy has caused and carry out the duty as a citizen. As a person with the power to influence society, I will do my best to complete the duty."

1. Yoo Ah In

suzammaaa 13 hours ago

be well Yoo Ah In

ElajzaBG 1 day ago

Seriously? He had to apologize for his sickness?

hanjivara 3 days ago

They are the one who should apologize for him imo

Rizalmie_Hisham 3 days ago

netizen j*rks and b*tches don't know between right and wrong. he has been confirm with health problem. the fact that he was hoping to enlist last year shows that he's eager to starts his service to the nation. its sad that he has to apologize for being sick.

changminbaby 3 days ago

im speechless,dont they get tired of hating and complaining about everything?

eirayza 3 days ago

these knetz are unbelievable.

jayymeeeeps 4 days ago

aww man it sucks that he has to worry about others' opinions even tho he's the one who's sick...... hope he gets better soon!!

blackpink_trash 4 days ago

We all knew this would be coming! Cheer Up ! I will be always here, rooting for you no matter what other people think! We, your fans know how loyal you are, how good natured you are. So don't apologize, it's not your fault <3 <3 <3 take care!

LordLiar18 4 days ago

Poor baby!!! That's a shame he has to apologize for being ill...

WinterWeiss 4 days ago

His condition was beyond his will. Who would want to have a bone tumor anyways? Besides, I think he's not the kind of person who'd take his situation as a reason or as an advantage for him not to do his mandatory obligation. Closeminded and insensitive netizens are the tumors of the society.. psh

dont recall