Variety

NCT's Mark revealed to be trying out for 'School Rappers'

By jennywill   9 days ago   44,529   9,259   23
mark,nct,nct-u,nct-127,nct-dream

NCT's Mark will be trying out for Mnet's new show 'School Rappers'!

Mark is the only NCT members that's in all three subunits so far - NCT U, NCT 127, and NCT Dream. That alone should be enough to show how talented he is, but he's going to be trying to showcase more of it through this new rapper survival show!

SEE ALSO: allkpop Interview: Tablo answers questions for his book 'Blonote'!

He was confirmed to have tried out for the preliminaries for the Seoul area. The show picks a 'representative' from each district to come out onto the show. The show is currently auditioning a district representative all across Korea.

Would you like to see him on the show?

1. Mark
  2. NCT
  3. NCT U
  4. NCT 127
  5. NCT Dream

Younghee_SVT 6 days ago

WOW!Mark is one of my bias since SM ROOKIES ERA...And I will support him !!

angelisme 8 days ago

I would really support him as his fan, but I have a mix feeling about it being a reality show. And it's Mnet for pete's sake. The evil editing could leave a scar to one's memory. I had enough with smtm. Still going to support him, but i wont be sad if he's not selected.

NORM 8 days ago

Mark is talented and all but i doubt he'd e the rep. for Seoul, cos thats like the gathering point of most rappers :/ Goodluck to him tho

Moogirl 8 days ago

*sigh* SM made NCT such a complicated thing....

caitlinnolly 8 days ago

he needs a break, bless him

Skyepop 8 days ago

Mark is in 3 sub-units. Writes on quite a few of NCT's tracks. Goes to school (when not constantly promoting) and now has time for a talent show. Is he secretly a triplet and no-one's noticed? How does he have the time??

riae158 8 days ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like Mark holds the record for the most stage performances/debuts/comebacks for a rookie...he hasn't even debuted for one year and he's already done all this stuff, does he get to sleep?

universalkpopfan 8 days ago

Among NCT members, I honestly know only Mark and Taeyong.. On the other hand I still cant figure out how many members has NCT, anybody knows?

riae158 universalkpopfan 8 days ago

NCT has officially debuted 15 members among the three units, but there is some overlapping of members between the units. Members in 1 unit (so far) : Johnny, Yuta, Ten, Winwin, Renjun, Jeno, Jaemin, Chenle and Jisung Members in 2 units (so far): Taeil, Taeyong, Doyoung, Jaehyun, Haechan Member in 3 units (so far): Mark (how does he do it?) There are other SMRookies members that have not officially debuted in any SM group yet, but it is highly likely they'll debut with NCT in one of their upcoming units, like Hansol and Kun. Hope this helps!

universalkpopfan riae158 8 days ago

oh thanks..I recognized Ten though that dance show in MNET..BTW, i got nosebleed w/ the # of members.

Cheapminister 9 days ago

On one hand I really want Mark to do well on this thing cause let's be honest he's one of the best rappers SM has ever seen and also he's absolutely fully capable so why not. But on the other hand... this kid really, really needs to rest.

elfpigrabbit13 Cheapminister 8 days ago

"he's absolutely fully capable" ehem, Mad City reference? :D haha but yeah, agree. this is good promotion for him and for the group but I'm worried for Mark because he's done a lot ever since debuting in NCT and I doubt he got any serious rest last year. I hope he's given some time to rest this year.

crazyft 9 days ago

SM let Mark take a break and have a rest D:

hi dad hat