Gossip

by elliefilet
  • 142
  • 24
  • 1205
  • 374740
  • 21977

Chinese media site Sina has reported that EXO's Kris visited the hospital due to possible heart issues.

SEE ALSO: EXO's Kris speaks out for the first time since news of his lawsuit against SM Entertainment

The report alleged, "Kris was diagnosed with suspected myocarditis at the hospital." A medical certificate with Kris' Chinese name 'Wu Yi Fan' was also provided as proof. Sina stated that a medical professional commented, "I can't say that he has a heart problem, but his creatine kinase and isozyme levels are higher than average, so we can't exclude the possibility of myocarditis. In cases like this, we suggest another examination, and if the levels are still high, we suggest treatment from a specialist as well as rest."

Kris is said to have received a diagnosis of suspected myocarditis on a visit to a hospital in Guangzhou, China when he returned from the '12th Korean Musical Festival' in Los Angeles, California on May 2.

To add to the reports, a former SM Entertainment trainee and self-labeled friend of Kris named Song Byung Yang posted to Weibo about the situation. He wrote, "As a musician who spent 7 years in Korea, I can completely understand Kris' decision and the dilemma he went through. As an old friend of his, it wasn't easy seeing him struggle due to the severe mental stress and fatigue. Because his body couldn't handle it, he even developed heart problems. Everyone, support and understand Kris. I hope that you show him even more kindness now. Yi Fan, I welcome you home."

Song Byung Yang is reported by Sina to have started as a trainee at SM Entertainment in 2004 before parting ways with the agency in 2011.

Maybe this sheds some light on Kris' message to fans?

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 1,236 comments

Sort by:

gunstar-gunstar
· Posted June 30, 2014 @ 1:50 am

I really sad for kris.

MaixKai
· Posted May 29, 2014 @ 7:53 pm

Poor Kris. D: I hope everything goes well for him and he gets the rest he deserves. Even soldiers in the army get more rest than SM's artists! D: <

... I think... > <

I love Kris as much as everyone else in EXO and I hope he doesn't get any more hate from all those horrid people. He doesn't deserve anything bad. He's a great person who only had the guts to do what he really wants. I doubt the other EXO members don't think abot leaving. Having to perform in both Korea and China is very tiring.

sam221b
· Posted May 29, 2014 @ 2:32 am

Well, with these news about Kris being in hospital etc the things are a bit clearer to me. I'm not saying "Oh Kris, poor cutiepie" or else, but let's think on it. Probably Kris cameback to China, had a medical visit while they were there promoting, found out the possibility of this desease and then decided to live, also because of the problems we all know he had with staying in SMEnt. It seems the most logic possibility to me. It would explain a lot of things like why he left without saying anything to the other members, why he left so suddenly one week before the concert, etc.. Etc... However, the most important thing is that SMEnt should be less strict. I know we should't bash SM before the court has dedided whether it has right or not, but let's face it, SMEnt is the label with the highest number of this lawsuits in its past, and each one of them with the same point: illtreatment/ abuse of its power. I think, as someone said before, that if SMEnt just let their employees be and let them leave if they want to, peacefully, it would gain a lot more respect and good reputation. There would be a lot less fuss and it would be a lot more rightful and elegant way of sprting out this issues.

ragu
· Posted May 28, 2014 @ 10:47 pm

i kinda feel bad for all the trainees who never got to debut... after all of those hard work in that company.. *sighs*

sophina
· Posted May 26, 2014 @ 11:54 am

GUYS! just keep calm and #WebelieveinKris

eya-03
· Posted May 23, 2014 @ 5:07 am

I love EXO . but what happen ?

bigbang1gurl
· Posted May 22, 2014 @ 11:56 pm

I really wish Kris happiness and I cannot believe he was diagnosed with a heart problem (or infection) like that :/. That is very dangerous and I hope he takes good care of himself, especially his heart. He only has one, and if he doesnt then it's all over. Kris must have really suffered from working so hard and those insane schedules. T.T

Bethbeez
· Posted May 22, 2014 @ 3:40 pm

Myocardial Infarction -> Heart Attack.
Myocarditis -> Heart Infection.

Not the same. Both dangerous, but not the same, and not confirmed, either of them.

zipZAPP
· Posted May 28, 2014 @ 10:47 pm
Yeah but what I found shocking is a "professional" is able to reveal this to the public. Is that even credible? What ever happened to privacy!?
ragu
· Posted May 28, 2014 @ 10:49 pm
@zipZAPP maybe he was permitted by kris' party. since kris needs this for his case. idk.
-14

whozzat
· Posted May 22, 2014 @ 11:33 am

who cares, fuck Kris.

korea-luvcl20
· Posted May 27, 2014 @ 4:18 pm
Apparently you do, since you bothered to take the time out to click on this article, read it, and then comment about it.

happy60
· Posted May 20, 2014 @ 11:30 pm

I love the group EXO the kids work really hard lake of sleep and good health can put stress on a body.Good for you Kris for taking action maybe these agencies will take better care of there members and pay them accordingly for what they are worth.these agencies make a lot of money off these kids.Do them justice and take care of them.Good luck to Kris and his career.I will always support you.LOL

lizrose
· Posted May 20, 2014 @ 2:19 am

Maybe it's just me, but am I the only one who thought it was weird that some "medical professional" would release their patient's medical files or current health condition to the media? Isn't that kind of private and should only be shared with Kris, his lawyer, SM and the people revolving this lawsuit at least? I'm not trying to say Kris doesn't have this condition, but the fact that the medical professional (who isn't even identified otherwise) would go and tell the media all about it seems...strange...

Either way, I still support both Kris and Exo whatever the outcome may be.

AoriHanazari
· Posted May 28, 2014 @ 11:27 am
It is weird but privacy laws are different in every country. What is practiced in US isnt necessarily practiced some place else.
lizrose
· Posted May 28, 2014 @ 7:39 pm
@AoriHanazari Hmm I suppose that makes sense if it were the norm in that country. It still feels like an invasion of privacy to me, though I don't live in Korea so it makes sense that I would feel that way.

mj015
· Posted May 19, 2014 @ 7:27 pm

I hope he gets better soon. He is one of my favourites in the idol industry.

amastris
· Posted May 18, 2014 @ 7:51 pm

The difference between Dongho's exit from U-Kiss and Kris for EXO-K is that U-Kiss is represented by NH Media & Wu Yi Fan is represented by SM Entertainment.  The fact that the members are unable to rationally and professionally discuss personal decision with SM Entertainment is a major problem for that company.  These things should be resolved peacefully and respectfully.  Most fans are aware of the rumors regarding Kris & the threats SM Ent. made to him financially proceed their XOXO comeback. As the rumor goes, Kris could not afford to pay the penalties to leave so he returned. SM Ent. should have just let him leave in the first place instead of making this into a big drama. In the end, you cannot make someone do something they do not want to do.

Look at U-KISS.  The fans don't hate Dongho and respect his decision. Dongho didn't have NH Media hack pseudo-fans going around social media hating him.  As sad as the fans were, they allowed him to go and "be normal".  They wish him well. And so today, U-KISS announces it's new member to replace Dongho and they will continue on and all will be fine.  SM Entertainment needs to understand a proper management style instead of having its name in the news under bad press so often.

Even Kangta, who works for SM Entertainment has spoken out about the harsh treatment SM Ent gives to its talent, like punishing them for eating something outside what they are ordered to do and having to stay in the dorms and with management 24/7 without getting to visit or contact family & friends.  Realize how young this kids are and looks like they are essentially being kidnapped.  In the USA, could you imagine a boy-group like N-Sync or Miley Cyrus being treated like this? Yes, their talent agency do what they can to control their image, but they were never isolated and kept alone.  That's emotionally scarring and like being in prison.  I don't doubt that many of these talented folks *regret* having signed up not knowing what the whole process would entail.

korea-luvcl20
· Posted May 27, 2014 @ 4:58 pm
Couldn't have said it better myself. Idols are merely puppets of their label and the public. When they sign that contract, they sign their lives away and become slaves. I think the only thing that will really change the way SME treats their talents, is the sudden death of an Idol due to ignored health while still under the management of SME.
jaceyo17
· Posted May 28, 2014 @ 10:52 am
Thank you for telling the truth.. SM Entertainment is just way too harsh on their groups, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of idols have this infection. SM needs to let their artists have a decent break and *actually* care for their health and let them rest!

syna
· Posted May 18, 2014 @ 3:44 pm

There is only 'doubt' of Myocarditis, according to the document Kris uploaded on the internet, not the very disease, which is different. He even didn't have further diagnosis to find the disease because it takes 3 days.Actually, you will be able to find any evidences which prove that he played 'basketball' and that he drank 'coffee' from Starbucks. You should never do such things if you got the disease.

amastris
· Posted May 18, 2014 @ 7:24 pm
The video footage of him playing basketball end of April, 2014 before he left for promotions in Los Angeles, CA. He hadn't visited the doctors at that time and did promotions in L.A. as well as Shanghai under the authority of SM Ent. As for the "doubt", that's the interpretation of the writer of this story. Where do you get the idea that it takes a doctor 3 days to confirm you have high blood pressure or are having a heart attack. I like how people are using the term "myocarditis" to confuse people as if it's some kind of new heart disease. It's not. Per the quote from the person providing a copy of the medical document related to his diagnosis, it states, "his creatine kinase and isozyme levels are higher than average, so we can't exclude the possibility of myocarditis." Do you know the PRACTICE of a cardiologist under these circumstances? Do you know that there is a 12% mortality rate in the hospital on the INTIAL OUTSET of such a condition? A cardiologist is tasked with assuming that the patient is suffering from a loss of proper blood flow to the heart and possibly having a heart attack. They aren't going to take 3 days to confirm it. They'll put him on meds and monitor him. Have you ever seen the movie Something's Gotta Give? Yeah... Think Jack Nicholson.

bananafana
· Posted May 18, 2014 @ 1:49 pm

If it is really true that Kris has Myocarditis, thank I can honestly understand why it all escalated into him suing SMent. What I understood from my friend about Myocarditis is that it is a disease caused by an infection which can, lead to heart failures if not treated correctly. And we all know how unreasonable SM is with its demands on their artists. I can actually imagine Kris asking for some rest or whatnot and SM declining his request because of their concert coming up or because they are in the middle of promoting.

I hope Kris is doing well. He still is my bias in EXO regardless of his current position!

korea-luvcl20
· Posted May 27, 2014 @ 4:50 pm
Yeah, I agree. When artists sign that contract, they are ultimately signing their lives away. This includes their rights to personal needs, wants, and choices. They become puppets of their label and the public. Their labels disregard them as individuals, and only see them as an extension of their money-making labor-force. The last willing decision those Idols make is the decision to sign the contract. It's beginning to sound like Kris's situation is the same as Hangeng's; SME denied him medical care, so in the end Hangeng wound up suffering from kidney failure. So who's to say that they didn't do the same to Kris? Also, the other members could have chosen the success of their come back over Kris's health. They probably didn't have "time to care", since their first concert was only weeks away. In this line of work, "the show must always go on". Kris was probably given no other option but to file a lawsuit, and at the time he chose to do so.

galaxyofpisces
· Posted May 18, 2014 @ 12:20 pm

I agree with his old friend ~

diana-md
· Posted May 18, 2014 @ 10:35 am

bcz i work in medical area, i totally understand his condition. it's all about his heart, guys. we only huv 1 heart.

but, i dont think SME n exo's member understand him. i'm still shocked about what suho has said.

galaxyofpisces
· Posted May 18, 2014 @ 12:22 pm
Yeah. And they all not as they always mentioned "we are one" since their trainee's life. Only who have. More than one heart can say that's wasn't serious.
hellocam
· Posted May 18, 2014 @ 1:43 pm
Totally agree with you on this. But i'm hoping for the best - for Kris and EXO as the team.

lalita92
· Posted May 18, 2014 @ 10:09 am

Myocarditis can be very serious but it's not the same as a heart attack, don't listen to others and educate yourself using a credible unbiased resource: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000149.htm , honestly the public truly fears the words "heart attack."

I'm hurt because I didn't want to experience these feelings; it's: EXO we are one. EXO is a group that makes me happy when I'm experiencing negative emotions such as stress, sadness, boredom, etc. Therefore I can say my feelings and opinions are completely biased. All in all I hope we can all be unbiased when it comes to this young man's health and wish him good health. We don't know all the details but I HOPE EXO will continue to mature, gain love, and succeed.

-From a '92 EXO squealing fan girl, EXO 화이팅!

amastris
· Posted May 18, 2014 @ 8:13 pm
Please. I'm more concerned with the stated rise in CK as indicated in this article. The presence of Myocarditis "cannot be ruled out" is not the only thing that causes a rise in CK levels. Unfortunately, ALLKPOP has disabled links in comments so I'm pasting this and thus, you tell me that the ONLY interpretation you can give is that he either has myocarditis or not and CONFIRM there is no way that these symptoms can be related to a heart attack and/or that Myocarditis cannot damage the heart further if not treated and how long he has had the condition and thus, how damaged his heart has become. The evidence we have gives you no authority to make those claims. Like I said before, if he has problems with his heart this is a serious problem that he needs to correct. It's not just he simply takes some antibiotics and his healed. If he doesn't have this than he's making a personal decision he doesn't want to work under SM Ent. and he has the right to make those personal choices for himself regardless: [Note: CK is a shorten term for creatine kinase as stated in the above article.] "..Doctors often use more than one test to determine if a person who has chest pain is having a heart attack. Troponin is generally considered the most accurate test, and CK-MB (the heart isoenzyme of CK) is also highly accurate in detecting damage to the heart, even when there is no other evidence of a heart attack. Myoglobin and creatine kinase almost always rise in patients with a heart attack, but they are less specific – other conditions can also produce an increase in these two tests..."
lalita92
· Posted May 19, 2014 @ 11:38 pm
@amastris cool and I know and agree which is why I wrote that we don't know all the details and that I wish Kris good health :) I know about lab work r/t heart damage and etc. The link was to clarify that myocarditis is not the same as an MI bc some people wrote that it is; I did not r/o out an MI, how can I when that doctor said more tests must be done?. I didn't read your comment specifically so I'm not sure if you decided my comment was to offend you? I wasn't trying to belittle Kris'health condition--pfft & scoff I have morals

eatingkimchiii
· Posted May 18, 2014 @ 8:29 am
Heart problems?!?!? Wow he really needs his members

goguma