Pledis to launch 6-member team NU'EST-M for promotions in China

by serendipity
  • 2
  • 1
  • 538
  • 89315
  • 4004

If you've been keeping up, you might have read the bit of info published a few days ago about Pledis Entertainment joining forces with Chinese entertainment company YUEHUA Entertainment to branch out into the Chinese music market. This left us wondering what kind of activities we can expect to see, and the first of them has been revealed today! Pledis will be launching a special unit formed to target the Chinese market, NU'EST-M!

SEE ALSO: NU'EST treat fans to flashes of toned abs in lyric music video for 'Storybook'

The two companies will hold their press event on the 11th to discuss details and officially kick off their partnership, but for now they've revealed some general details about this NU'EST-M, who will be performing their first stage at the press event.

This group is specially targeted to the Chinese market, and thus will only carry out promotions in China. In addition to the existing NU'EST members, NU'EST-M will also include Chinese idol JASON [JA符龙飞(fú lóng fēi)] to become a 6 member team.

The 6-member team will be releasing the Chinese version of NU'EST's Korean release "Sleep Talking" as their first single and kick off promotions.

It's said the 'M' added to the existing name signifies several meanings, such as 'mystic', 'marvelous', and 'multiply'.

Pledis commented, "Joining hands with YUEHUA, we will be revealing our first project NU'EST-M. We believe the group will kick off to a great start as the existing NU'EST members and Jason showed good team work during the preparation stage. As the group is made up of talented individuals, we will do our best so that the group can achieve success in the Chinese market."

With their performance at the upcoming press event on the 11th, the boys will officially start their promotions in China.

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 538 comments

Sort by:

amanda
· Posted May 30, 2014 @ 9:13 am

I guess they're doing okay, they were on some variety show and I like the original Nu'est ... OMG especially the "hello" song!!!!

kpopforever12
· Posted January 4, 2014 @ 7:03 pm

This is going to be very interesting. Lol I know who Jason is, he was in a group with two members but one left, then it was him and the other member Leo. You guys should listen to them. Jason is kind so don't bash him I just hope nu'est and Jason can get along and understand each other. Fighting nu'est m!!!

reniva12
· Posted November 25, 2013 @ 2:56 am

lol, Aron's facial expression is killing me in the picture, I laughed for like 5 minutes. I hope they do well and I'll be rooting for them. I personally, liked Nu'est as it was, but I think the new member is freakin adorable and I'm rooting for him as part of Nu'est too.

lovenuestbaby
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 9:37 am

*new member Jason, ORZ autocorrect my ass!*

lovenuestbaby
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 9:35 am

Tbh I like the new bomber ason, he is cute, the fact that he's older then the others shocks me though. I do hope they get along. I love the boys! And my bias is Aron, always has been, LOL HIS FACE! He's always looking off to the side usually, but this... LOL

IT'S LIKE...

"Judging u so hard!"

Saranghae Aron! ♥★♥★♥★

metrice
· Posted November 12, 2013 @ 1:14 am

I wish them the best of luck.To be honest though, I like them the way they were. I don't know about the new member.

diabla15jamie
· Posted November 10, 2013 @ 11:41 am

Im falling deeper in love XD

taekaifeels
· Posted November 10, 2013 @ 5:07 am

Who else think Jason looks like Sam Pepper (YouTuber) in that picture? Haha

polygltbutterfly
· Posted November 9, 2013 @ 11:53 pm

One thing for some reason I always saw Nu'est as a 6 member group in the begging when I didn't know them at all. But anyhow I think Jason and Nu'est M is great I love Nu'est and for their songs to be translated in Chinese and hopefully go on Chinese variety shows to would be see awesome since I'm learning Chinese. Would be interesting to see the Chinese version of Yobosayo(may favorite song). Nin Hao, Dia Jia Hao nor Na Yi Wei(which is used for phone conversations) I really don't see working with the tempo X)

sujiiiii
· Posted November 9, 2013 @ 7:20 pm

I wish people would stop having a bitch fit. I love Jason hes a good singer, attractive/adorable. And hes kind. WHO THE FUCK CARES IF THEY HAVE A SUB GROUP CALLED NU'EST-M. SM DOES NOT OWN THE NAME. There is no law saying No one else can use -M at the end. Like really people calm the fuck down. Stop getting a bitch fit for no stupid reason, PLEASE :P.

crazy4bigbang
· Posted November 9, 2013 @ 1:55 pm

PLease stop the negative comments...

Relax...It may turn out to be Awesome :D

iseulshawol
· Posted November 9, 2013 @ 7:48 am

I really like Nu'est (They are together with SHINee and SuJu my favorite Band), even if I find that "Sleep Talking" was not as good as "Action" or "Face" (Only my Opinion!). But I'm a little bit ambivalent about "Nu'est M".
In the first place I look forward to Jason and am curious about how he sounds together with Nu'est. I think these guys could really have success in China.
But I think, that the Name ist not chosen wisely. We can already see, that some fans (not all!) are against the "M" in the Name. For example some Exo/Suju fans (also not all!).
In my Opinion it's okay to use the "M", I just think that it doesn't sounds nice....
Nu'est is a Name that speaks for itself. The "M" isn't in harmony with it correctly. (It's just my Opinion.) ...
But at least I will look forward to it. Nu'est/Nu'est M fighting!

LittleAriel
· Posted November 9, 2013 @ 5:09 am

why can't they be honest and say m simply stands for mandarin, it's not like we'll force them to say 'as copied from sm'

tbh 'sleep talking' is never my favorite song from nuest...

stillison
· Posted November 9, 2013 @ 12:12 am

idk how I feel about this, it's just an attempt to get more money or something idk This new jason will only participate in chinese events which is unfortunate and kind of awkward for Nu'est. I don't it to end up like Henry from Super Junior-M, how some fans don't like him you know!? But I still love and support nu'est, it just seems unnecessary because they were doing pretty well i think why change?

renlove37
· Posted November 8, 2013 @ 11:21 pm

Aron looks at him with anger in that picture.. There will be fire and domenence upon the new Nu'est. Sadly.. I do not think there should be 6 members.. It is not needed.

angelofpurity21
· Posted November 8, 2013 @ 11:13 pm

I love NU'EST, so I'll support them in whatever endeavors they take on :D

angelofpurity21
· Posted November 8, 2013 @ 11:12 pm

Aron's expression, though >_<

joanniieeb
· Posted November 8, 2013 @ 9:37 pm

i knew it as soon as i saw that M..... the comments...

Mr-KL
· Posted November 8, 2013 @ 7:45 pm

Not a hater, but the new member looks kinda ugly :/

sujiiiii
· Posted November 9, 2013 @ 6:57 pm
What Jason is not ugly :P hes from a Chinese group called JL or also known as JL Twins ^^ It consists of Jason and Leo ^^ I think hes so adorable. even though im Leo biased!!

sandybee3
· Posted November 8, 2013 @ 7:18 pm

LOL I've only read the headline of article and already knew how the comments below will look like.....ah some fans(woun't mention any name)  are so predictable with their actions that it's not even funny anymore....

sandybee3
· Posted November 8, 2013 @ 7:34 pm
their own fans a angry becouse of the new members exotics and yg stans are angry becouse of the m behind their name lol seems that this group has a little problem and it comes from two diffrent sites ....sad ;( some people will allways complain no matter what