Variety

'Barefoot Friends' gets canceled, will be replaced by 'K-Pop Star 3' on the 24th

November 4, 2013 @ 12:05 am
by jennywill
  • 1
  • 0
  • 172
  • 53001
  • 787
'Barefoot Friends' has come to a sad end after 7 months.

The show has been struggling in its ratings since the beginning, and it's now been reported that the panel filmed their last episode on the 2nd. The last episode will air mid-November.

SEE ALSO: [Album Review] Yenny/HA:TFELT - 'Me?'

The show first aired in April, aiming for a road variety. However, the panel ended up making a food variety show instead, and the inconsistency made the ratings suffer.

'K-Pop Star 3' with Yoo Hee Yeol, J.Y. Park, and Yang Hyun Suk will take over starting from November 24th

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 174 comments

Sort by:

juukimie
· Posted November 21, 2013 @ 4:54 pm

NOOOO ! T.T

babyblue0692
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 9:53 am

In my opinion, there are many flaws in this show. First,  there is no clear concept (they traveled around to other country and then diving, singing, and now food??). Second, some members are leaving the show. I'm not trying to bash or anything (and please, ELF, don't kill me. lol), but some members really does not take this show seriously. For example, Kim Boom Soo were not there after diving competition (even after he recovers)and so does Eunhyuk (many people said that he might be busy, but, seriously, he hasn't been in the show for about 7 or more episodes). There is no announcement or whatsoever. Third, there is no chemistry in the show. I understand they are new and need more time to develop some bonding. However, I think that every member kinda like "fight" with each other to get screen time. Especially KHD, ugghh... I used to like him, but hate him now. He just focus on himself and some particular member and ignore the rest (YSY ><). I noticed in one of the scene, Yoon Jong Shin tried to eat a lot in one bite and KHD's expression was so sour. I kinda get the feeling from KHD like "Hey, that is my ROLE. Don't take my spot.." Moreover, the members does not have unique characters. There are many members with the same characters, like UEE, KHJ, and EJW (stupit yet funny character). Even worse, YSY doesn't have character in the show (I think they can give character to him like "Scholar YSY" or something like that...

babyblue0692
· Posted November 16, 2013 @ 9:58 am
stupid*

vip101
· Posted November 11, 2013 @ 8:11 pm

I stopped watching when all they did was go to  people's homes and eat! Poor Yoon Shi Yoon! This was his first Variety show and it get canceled! KHJ leaving was a very smart decision on his part.

leshiraz
· Posted November 6, 2013 @ 10:00 pm

i had a feeling that they gonna cancel it with KHJ leaving... sad never the less

neetlife92
· Posted November 5, 2013 @ 11:33 am

Tbh, I was more sad reading KHJ's decision to leave Barefoot Friends than when I read this article...

neetlife92
· Posted November 5, 2013 @ 11:33 am

exo000008
· Posted November 5, 2013 @ 11:13 am

It was coming. The first episodes were fun, where they were traveling. But when they started the eating stuff :|

meluvhyuk
· Posted November 5, 2013 @ 3:23 am

i stop watching after eunhyuk stop appearing

truthfully, the cast is great but the show is too boring

i'm glad that eunhyuk already left this show

getalifelosers
· Posted November 4, 2013 @ 10:33 pm

hope Kpop star 3 will be interesting.

neetlife92
· Posted November 4, 2013 @ 10:15 pm

Was somehow expecting them to tour Southeast Asia. They had a really good start. Finally getting to see KHJ and UEE in a variety show was exciting! Still watched the show because of them despite it being derailed. Hoping that those two get an offer in another variety show soon

pablo311
· Posted November 4, 2013 @ 9:18 pm

Two episodes of Ho Dong stuffing his face with food that he made into pig slop was enough for me...

panshel
· Posted November 4, 2013 @ 7:59 pm

Finally it gets cancelled. It's been a long time coming.

synergism85
· Posted November 4, 2013 @ 7:52 pm

It was bound to happen. There's probably a bunch of people you can blame for this, but the more important matter is that we will no longer be able to watch UEE in HD variety. It's a sad day for man kind.

skyshredsl
· Posted November 4, 2013 @ 6:51 pm

I'll miss Barefooted Friends :( but KPop Star 3 fighting~~

jollyroger09
· Posted November 4, 2013 @ 5:30 pm

There was only one reason to watch this... UEE...

amarei
· Posted November 4, 2013 @ 4:44 pm

I'm surprised it even lasted this long. It was interesting at the start and then it slowly started to get boring from the diving competition imo. But a big downfall is like the article says, the inconsistency of the show. And that the show was boring. I also couldn't get used to Kang Ho Dong, even though I loved him at Strong Heart before. Maybe because all the hosts have taken a turn toward a healing camp direction that KHD feels too loud and overbearing in the way he hosts.

kittyhala93
· Posted November 4, 2013 @ 4:07 pm

I started to watch the show because of Eunhyuk oppa, but I continued watching even though he left the show - I'll miss it - I hope that they'll make a new concept with the same cast <3

ygfan20
· Posted November 4, 2013 @ 3:32 pm

I liked their food episodes. A lot better than their diving episodes.

pirolee
· Posted November 4, 2013 @ 3:46 pm
Diving episodes rating is higher than food episodes and because the food episodes was failed and boring the show get cancelled

pirolee
· Posted November 4, 2013 @ 2:45 pm
"the panel ended up making a food variety show instead" this sentence can summarize everything, i'm sad for the cast but the show was boring just the old episode concept "The Diving" was good and funny

xxlovelymaryxx
· Posted November 4, 2013 @ 12:43 pm

I enjoyed watching Barefoot Friends because of Hyun Joong and Si Yoon, but the show has gotten a bit boring that I just had to fast forward on some of the episodes just to find the good parts. I was kinda having thoughts that it was not going to last for long...