Supreme Team disbands + E-Sens leaves Amoeba Culture

by jennywill
  • 0
  • 0
  • 106
  • 43894
  • 680
E-Sens and Simon D of the hip hop duo Supreme Team have gone their separate ways.

E-Sens' contract with Amoeba Culture officially ended on July 19. The label said, "We have told E-Sens that his contract ended on the 19th. E-Sens is no longer an artist on our label. We have parted ways because our ways of thinking about music are different. Simon D will continue to work under Amoeba Culture".

SEE ALSO: [Drama Review] 'My Lovely Girl' - Episode 13

E-Sens also confirmed on his Twitter, "Yes, I was told of my contract ending today-. I'm going to promote as a solo artist."

Simon D tweeted, "It was Sens' only road to be happy, and I respect that decision. It's just that we're not the same team anymore, but our relationship of over 10 years has definitely not changed. Since we're now solo artists, we'll now be able to show what we do best in I.K. I'm thankful and apologize to those who loved the team and was patiently waiting for our album."

Source: Chosun Ilbo via Nate, eToday via Nate

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 106 comments

Sort by:

norimixtoo
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 3:34 am

This guy is just a whiny bitch.. It was his stupidity that put him in this predicament. He was the one that smoked weed and got caught  and put his team and company's image in jeapardy. It's not like Ameoba Culture is a big label like SM or YG. Simon.D is the one that put Dunamic Duo on the map in the first place by appearing in variety shows and working his butt off.  Why would he want to put their other ppl's careers in jeapardy too. Let's face it.. The drug use would have followed Dynamic Duo around for the rest of their careers, because "Koreans never forget or forgive" . Now your career is really over, because korean entertainment industry stick together and shun disrespectful idiots who won't reflect on their mistake and learn from it. He would have been better off if he had just worked harder and showed everyone that he had grown from his mistake. No one likes a whiny bitch who blame others for their own mistakes.

hiroonakamura5
· Posted August 1, 2013 @ 2:55 pm

aha... but sane people don't really care about the marijuana scandal since smoking marijuana isn't really bad for you :)

flynfreako
· Posted July 30, 2013 @ 1:14 pm

What a year for Simon D... breaks up with his long-term GF and the partner of his long-time duo leaves.

Not that I'm saying the two are related. I mean, people change a lot in that time. It's unlucky that both happened within a year though.

I wish E-Sens the best! I do agree that it sounds like AC doesn't want him, but yeah, it seems they would've kicked him out during his scandal if that were the case... unless they didn't want to bring attention to themselves at that time.

avilaaa
· Posted July 24, 2013 @ 12:00 pm

sad, but it's a relieve knowing that they'll keep doing music

brohoho
· Posted July 23, 2013 @ 4:07 pm

little relieved, because both will continue doing music

mistressnine
· Posted July 23, 2013 @ 12:58 pm

This is actually pretty damn upsetting.

atynkatsumi
· Posted July 23, 2013 @ 11:53 am

Ohmygod why?????

omnomnomnom
· Posted July 23, 2013 @ 10:37 am

ahh what a shame  but if they're happy that's all that matters ^^

yifan
· Posted July 23, 2013 @ 9:50 am

I love Supreme Team, so I'm really sad by this. :/ I hope E-Sens gets picked up someone else and that he'll be able to continue his career. They're both great rappers. It just seems like AC didn't want to continue his contract. :(

kaltrys
· Posted July 28, 2013 @ 1:14 am
dont be stupid read it again. he continue to work under Amoeba Culture. those company are like family. their boss is Dynamic Duo. one thing for sure Dynamic Duo never cast out their family since they know how it felt betrayed. the proof is that they could terminate E-sens contract while he is in prison but they didnt. so why would they wait for the contract to end? the problem is that E-Sens himself doesnt want his contract as supreme team extends read Simon D comment about it. he really want to become solo artist.
yifan
· Posted July 28, 2013 @ 11:29 pm
@kaltrys I think you may have misunderstood. It said in the article that E-Sens is no longer on Amoeba Culture. He is going to have to find another label to work with.

simmi101
· Posted July 23, 2013 @ 9:27 am

*shock* omggg </3 sad but i wish the best for both of them

lizzie_wwjd
· Posted July 23, 2013 @ 5:02 am

What a shame.... but all the best to both guys

queer
· Posted July 23, 2013 @ 5:00 am

OMG NO!!!
I wish the best for both of them! <3
But I'm crying right now....
Simon D and E-Sens FIGHTING!

VIIKIHPNERD
· Posted July 23, 2013 @ 4:13 am

Oh nooooooo!! But I like Supreme Team. Poor E-sens, the company probably didn't want to resign with him after the marijuana incident...

kaltrys
· Posted July 28, 2013 @ 1:15 am
VIIKIHPNERD
· Posted July 28, 2013 @ 4:12 am
@kaltrys Did you read this line "E-Sens is no longer an artist on our label..."? Of course they can't fire him when he was in trouble 'cuz the CONTRACT TERM WAS ON...the company would have to compensate E-Sens if they were to terminate the contract. But since the contract ended, they can kick him off the label. Contracts works both ways. If the artist wants to leave the label (i.e., JYJ leaving SM, Block B leaving Stardom Ent.), they are suppose to pay the company that's why they always end up suing the company so they don't have to pay. Likewise, if a artist's contract is still within timeframe but the company wants to fire the artist (i.e. Hwayoung leaving CCM), the company has to pay the artist. Those are usually basic contract terms. You don't need to study business to understand this.

injunjeongsu93
· Posted July 23, 2013 @ 3:10 am

I hope that I'm dreaming right now..but it's real...NOOO!! I love supreme team,I love E-SENS so much...as a fan I wish both of them success in future...

xkpopaddict
· Posted July 23, 2013 @ 3:10 am

WHAT ;; MY HEART JUST BROKE.... Supreme Team... hudshshu ;;

bukonamja
· Posted July 23, 2013 @ 2:20 am

omo T_T..

sakura288
· Posted July 23, 2013 @ 12:14 am

That was unexpected.  I wish both of them a successful solo career.

ashleygthetwin
· Posted July 23, 2013 @ 12:12 am

seriously cant deal

Myumeful
· Posted July 22, 2013 @ 10:13 pm

Wtf such a shock! TT

Superaplus
· Posted July 22, 2013 @ 9:58 pm

...At least hes not going away forever.