Variety

Dara talks about having her feelings hurt when she filmed 'Family Outing' with UEE

June 25, 2013 @ 2:45 pm
by jennywill
  • 0
  • 0
  • 394
  • 157109
  • 602
2NE1's Dara is usually the center of attention but that's not always the case. She recently talked about having her feelings hurt while filming 'Family Outing' with Uee.

The two ladies had been guests on the show a few years ago, and Dara finally spoke up about the experience on the June 25 installment of 'Incarnation'. She said, "I filmed 'Family Outing' with Uee, and I was really hurt back then." The MCs said, "I heard you said you'd never film with Uee ever again."

She quickly corrected them and stated, "It's not that. It's just that I filmed 'Family Outing' with Uee, but all the focus was solely on Uee, so I was hurt. Usually, I'm shy, but I went on the show by myself anyways. The label told me it would be okay since Daesung was there too. But when I went, I just wanted to go home. All the men were only focused on Uee. So basically, I just got completely edited out."

SEE ALSO: 2NE1's Dara becomes a fan girl next to Lee Hyori

She added, "Uee also did a sexy dance for everyone, but I brought along a hot dog outfit. I'm also scared of dogs, and there were big dogs at the filming location."

DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 368 comments

Sort by:

koreancutie97
· Posted August 15, 2014 @ 5:24 pm

I really didn't notice any friction. Dara was adorable and funny, and UEE was so funny when they had to cook breakfast lmaooo

rubs
· Posted October 7, 2013 @ 10:47 am

Be ready  guys, once Dara learn how to be flirty.. XD!

soundclaude
· Posted September 3, 2013 @ 1:28 pm

too cute too cute. but too bad for dara too. but so cute to say something like that. sounds so normal. X)) dont worry all your fans notice you dara!! XD

chrysanthikerlov
· Posted September 3, 2013 @ 10:23 am

of course men what did you excpect they always choose the hottie

but dont worry we will have our eyes on you

himakima
· Posted August 23, 2013 @ 6:11 am

it's okay dara. when i was watching that episode, i only focused on you

kelly_lee
· Posted July 11, 2013 @ 4:54 am

~~~Daraaa Unniee you are so funny. We all knew you are a very shy. I bet all of us would have been hurt too. I mean wow, i always thought i was the center of attention until i realize i wasn't ahah its okay. Its normal.

vv13
· Posted July 6, 2013 @ 9:19 pm

I really don't see why people are bashing on Uee...

As an Idol, entertainer...they are required to 'entertain' fans and audience... and the fact that Dara got edited out was because she was shy and wasn't comfortable enough to 'be' funny...

Uee wasn't the one who told the editor to edit Dara's part out and neither did she realize how this would affect Dara...

I support both of them. No need to take sides.

foxymama
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 6:19 pm

when i read this article i immediately knew fans of dara would be bashing UEE, and to no surprise...

honestly how are you going to go on a hilarious show and act all shy with nothing to say? of course you are going to be edited out, even hyomin of t-ara was edited out of Invincible Youth episodes many times because she wasn't as funny as first, but then she learned from that and became hilarious just by being herself. if you go on a show, expect that anything that causes a big reaction is a plus. P.S... don't bash UEE because she was more fun to watch than dara. don't make me laugh...

r0xyo8
· Posted July 5, 2013 @ 9:22 am

GET READY FOR 2NE1 ............. THEY GONNA ROCK UR WORLD

-10

r0xyo8
· Posted July 4, 2013 @ 12:19 pm

WHEN I WATCH THAT SHOW (FAMILY OUTING) I START HATING UEE ...

SHES JUST SEDUCING THE UNCLE'S THERE.... "UEE" WHAT A SLUT

mikhaela
· Posted July 2, 2013 @ 4:32 am

I actually love every episode of family outing, but I don't know I hate the episode with Dara and uee as guest. Maybe because I didn't see Dara as much as uee.

And now I know why, because I see Dara didn't enjoyed the show. I feel it when I watch the show

Keep calm and stay to be cool Dara, you're precious!

karkar
· Posted June 30, 2013 @ 9:24 pm

"I brought along a hot dog outfit" she is so cute!!

i love the fact she was being herself during FO and not trying too hard to be noticed

INGS
· Posted June 29, 2013 @ 3:07 am

for starters: There's a reason why Yoo Jae Suk is the nation's MC, and it's not because he's shy; it's cause he talks a lot and can crack a joke despite how boring a situation is.

Now, Dara has nearly, near zero variety experience, whereas UEE already knows how to be during a variety show. During filming you have to be outgoing, relax and talk. I've seen the episode, and she had nothing entertaining enough to offer. She was shy. You can't be going into variety show expecting attention to come to you just because your a guest, noooo way, you gotta get it. Earn it.

The cast is gonna play with the one who's being funny, not the one huddled up in a corner.
Dara needs more experience, and with the recent news of YG allowing their artist to be on more variety shows, she has her chance.

castiel
· Posted June 28, 2013 @ 3:12 am

shes too fragile.

devinuee55
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 10:45 pm

hahaha so cute..

melleii
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 7:17 am

lol sounds like she's whining. but dara is a strong woman, she doesnt need to show off with her dancing, be yourself girl blackjacks are there for you. dont feel pressured.

corn4life
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 5:31 am

Yea i noticed that while watching FO .. But i still love that show

Hwaiting ~ Dara Unnie  Be special guest for RM :)

kimberlycelline
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 2:35 am

i've watch this episode, maybe Dara just shy and the environment didn't support her. But when UEE was away she is trying hard to do something funny while harvesting the rice, also when she was cooking she talked a lot about her journey to meet Hyori. I think she got depressed when the others keep calling UEE

makarov
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 2:21 am

Watch that episode yourselves, then you'll know Dara was just plain boring in that episode. I don't blame the cast for focusing on UEE, they've got to worry about their own screentime as well.

kimjen89
· Posted June 26, 2013 @ 8:36 pm

i watched the episode and there was a part where papa YG went up to her and said...

"dara its okay..." *dara about to cry*

"but its cause you didn't do well"

damn papa YG ripping off that bandage.

I watched the FO episode, dara didn't really do anything though. she can't really blame that on uee or the boys. she is improving and hopefully yg can put her more in varieties so she becomes less awkward and shy and show her 4d self to the audience:)