Movies

Interviews

G-Dragon breaks his silence regarding marijuana scandal

February 20, 2012 @ 6:11 pm
by
  • 2
  • 2
  • 11
  • 240285
  • 288

After a long period of silence, Big Bang's leader G-Dragon opened up about his marijuana scandal.

On the February 20th episode of SBS 'Healing Camp', G-Dragon remarked, "At the time, I took a urine drug test, as well as a hair follicle drug test. When I received the results, I was shocked and I felt like the results were unfair. I didn't believe it at first, because I knew I didn't do it, but the results stated otherwise. I didn't know where things had started to go wrong."

"There was something I felt that could have contributed to the results, and it was weighing on my heart so I talked about it during the investigation. After our concert in Japan (May 2011), we had an after-party where a lot people were in attendance. I think the fact that I received a cigarette from a stranger there became the source of the problem. That incident started to be closely investigated, and it just came out."

"We hosted the party ourselves, and we were in a really good mood because the concert went really well. At that moment, I had a lot to drink, and my managers were doing their own thing, and I was alone. I went to the restroom, and someone offered me a cigarette. I thought it would be rude to refuse, so I accepted it without giving it a second thought," he reminisced.

MC Lee Kyung Kyu then asked, "Marijuana is different from cigarettes, is it not? Why were you unable to tell the difference?", to which G-Dragon responded, "I was intoxicated from the alcohol, and I just figured it was a really strong cigarette. I never smelled [marijuana] before, so I couldn't tell the difference. It looked like the cigarettes that I smoke."

When asked, "You're not lying, are you?", G-Dragon answered, "No, I'm not. It wouldn't be possible for my lies to be believable, and if I was lying, I would never have been able to face the public."

Source & Image: Newsen via Nate

Get the best of AKP in your inbox
DON'T MISS

Comments

There are 11 comments

Sort by:

total votes

navi_x_loki
· Posted October 3, 2014 @ 2:04 am

You know its not rude to say no, i dont like cigs so... If you want to smoke then do it.

total votes

squishyfish
· Posted October 2, 2014 @ 2:22 am

LOL what a load of shit

why are people even fans of him

Daraismylife
· Posted August 18, 2015 @ 12:02 pm
My friend tricked me into drinking beer by making me think it was root beer, turns out she accepted a bet to make me drink it from this guy because they knew I don't drink. She poured out the root beer and poured in the alcoholic beer. My mother taught me not to drink anything at parties but because she was offering with everyone was watching, I didn't want to embarrass her and since she was my friend I took it and took several BIG gulps before realizing it was something else. When I told my parents they believed right away because from a previous experience with it, it was really nasty and I had to go to the hospital for complications. His case is almost identical to mine, are you saying that my parents are fools for believing their daughter?
squishyfish
· Posted August 19, 2015 @ 5:23 am

total votes

true_imagineer
· Posted August 7, 2014 @ 11:39 pm

I first read this nd i was like wait you dont know what weed smells like but I guess where he was he had never been exposed to the smell. I completely believe what hes saying because its hard to say no sometimes but to me weed smells like skunk and a normal cigar smell make my eyes burn.

total votes

kaaynee
· Posted June 30, 2014 @ 1:55 pm

lmao GD come on

total votes

saro
· Posted June 27, 2013 @ 8:34 am

liar

marie_curly3
· Posted November 5, 2013 @ 5:16 am
No, He's not a Liar .
saro
· Posted November 5, 2013 @ 5:29 am
@marie-curly3 omg i 'm sorry but you were there with gd and you don't stop him froom doing such a bad think chill out smoking just a bit is not a big deal
Daraismylife
· Posted August 18, 2015 @ 12:08 pm
Neither were you, I had a similar incident when my friend poured out the root beer from the can and poured in real beer. I drunk it and got drunk, however my parents believed me because I HATE alcohol. Like you said, it was only a small bit, if he really was smoking it to smoke it, it would have been more. Sorry, but anyone who doesn't believe him after giving a reasonable and unfortunate reason just doesn't just because. No problem with being suspicious but to call him an outright liar when there is NO PROOF of such is childish.
saro
· Posted August 19, 2015 @ 11:18 am
@Daraismylife please it s been a year that i post this i said liar cause weed smell ok so don t act like what i think is wrong i have my own opinion and no it s not childish at all it s like have a gun no knowimg that you can kill with it actually he can even say that he doesnt know that the sky is blue i still call her a liar and i dont f²²²²² cares about what people say you believe him okay good lets live our life now peace and love for you
The End