Disney Plus, launching in South Korea, Hong Kong, and Taiwan this November, has finally confirmed its full first lineup of original and exclusive content.
As a part of its content and development expansion in the Asia-Pacific, Disney Plus plans on creating over 50 original, locally-made productions by 2023.
In addition to locally-made Disney Plus-originals, the streaming service will be partnering with loca broadcasting stations to distribute highly-anticipated new series and shows to international audiences. From South Korea, this includes JTBC's 'Snowdrop', premiering in December, as well as a spin-off of the popular SBS series 'Running Man'. This spin-off series will involve three original 'Running Man' cast members as they invite various guests to participate in all-new games.
Here are the details on all South Korean content hitting Disney Plus, beginning in November:
- JTBC's 'Snowdrop' starring Jung Hae In, BLACKPINK's Jisoo, Kim Hye Yoon
- 'Running Man: The One Having Fun is Above the One Running' (working title) starring Kim Jong Kook, Ji Suk Jin, HaHa
- 'Rookies' starring Kang Daniel, Chae Soo Bin
- 'Grid' starring Seo Kang Jun, Lee Si Young
- 'Kiss Six Sense' starring Yoon Kye Sang, Seo Ji Hye, Kim Ji Suk
- 'Moving' starring Han Hyo Joo, Jo In Sung, Ryu Seung Ryong
- 'BLACKPINK: The Movie' (simultaneously premiering in theaters and via Disney Plus)
Are any of these upcoming series and shows enough to convince you to get Disney Plus?