News
Posted by germainej AKP STAFF 21 days ago

Jay Park shows support for Changmo in the midst of sajaegi allegations on social media

AKP STAFF

Jay Park showed support for Changmo in the midst of sajaegi (chart manipulation) allegations.

Changmo's track "Meteor" is performing well on the music charts and recently placed 1st on the Instiz weekly music chart. Some netizens on social media have been accusing him of sajaegi.

On January 7, Changmo expressed his feelings on the sajaegi accusations against him on social media, writing, "I thought I would be congratulated if I'm #1, but I'm being misunderstood. So many fans are telling me not to worry and cheering me on, so I'm thankful. However, it's true that despite fans telling me not to worry, I don't feel good about it. Do you get what I'm saying? I became 1st place respectfully, but if I'm going to be misunderstood, I want to drop down. Don't listen to 'Meteor'," referring to his chart-topping song.

Jay Park responded to Changmo's heartfelt post, writing in the comments, "When you at the top, they want to tear you down. What people say is not on you, but it's on you how you respond after seeing what they say. If you play at their level, you'll become the same kind of person. What kind of person you become and your legacy will depend on how you overcome it..."

1. Changmo
  2. Jay Park
11 20,157 Share 72% Upvoted

monon0k3i382 pts 21 days ago 2
21 days ago

There were no real sajaegi accusations against Changmo, but just some bitter fans of an idol group in disbelief that Changmo held his #1 spot.

These accusations only came from international fans as they don’t realise Changmo’s strong fan base amongst the general Korean public ~ He has fans of all age group and respected by other khh and kpop artists

2 more replies

bomhee92376 pts 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

This guy's has been relatively unknown by the general public for a looong ass time (doesn't really show up on TV aside from SMTM), but at the same time has been respected as one of the best Korean hiphop artists that consistently makes very good, catchy songs amongst his fans. Now suddenly he makes a more light, catchy song that appeals more to the general public and suddenly its sajaegi? Lol don't make me laugh.

Kang Daniel