Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by yckim124 AKP STAFF 21 days ago

Super Junior reveal how they divide their endorsement earnings

AKP STAFF

Super Junior opened up about how they split their earnings.

On the April 30 airing of MBC Every1's 'Video Star,' Eunhyuk shared their pay from endorsements is a bit higher in Thailand than Korea.

When asked if the group splits the earnings evenly, Ryeowook answered, "The contract for endorsements is signed as a whole. The money comes to me even if only two members film it."

Eunhyuk commented, "I don't read (the contract) that closely... I don't calculate our payments in depth but I should pay more attention to it from now on." Ryeowook added, "Leeteuk is the one that checks everything, even if it's just a cent and the opposite is him (Eunhyuk)."

1. Super Junior
  2. VIDEO STAR
39 70,700 Share 85% Upvoted

looveLess3,331 pts 21 days ago 3
21 days ago

This reminds me of that time where Tukkie had DEEP money issues and some members helped him, I know one must check everything but when something that traumatic occurs to you (like when his dad left him with a lot of debts and he was in the military), you just get kinda paranoid about money, it happened to me when my family couldn't pay our mortgage and ended up losing the house years ago.

3 more replies

Blue821,633 pts 20 days ago 0
20 days ago

It seems a few people are confused. When you do endorsements each time you you sign a contract. If you endorse a chicken place that's a contract, then you do some shoes that's another contract. Instead of drawing a contract listing only the members doing the actual endorsing or having a contract per member they do a general one. If Heechul goes and promotes sneakers when he gets paid it goes to all of the members not just him. If Leeteuk goes and promotes a ramen shop they all get to share that pay. This doesn't apply to their variety shows, movie appearances, and music promotions. Those are all different contracts. Even though they didn't say it directly I believe that they do their endorsement contracts like this so that even the members that don't promote as much or at all get at least some income along with any money paid for previous promotions/royalties. It's their way of taking care of each other.

Jaejoong