Upvote if you think more people should see this post!

News
Posted by danisurst AKP STAFF 6 days ago

Yang Hyun Suk opens up about WINNER's album progress, plans for Bobby/B.I hip-hop album

Yang Hyun Suk has opened up about iKON and WINNER's plans for the first half of 2019.

On February 11, the YG Entertainment founder took to the agency's official blog to respond to questions from the fans involving the agency's two active boy groups.

In the post, he revealed that B.I had pitched the idea for a hip-hop duo album for him and Bobby. The two rappers, who previously released unit track "Anthem" for iKON's debut album 'Welcome Back,' are currently in the studio working on said record with the goal of a mid-year release. He then added that the album will most likely be released in May.

Yang Hyun Suk then advised fans that the release of WINNER's comeback album has been delayed due to the request of the members.

"Due to their busy end-of-year schedule and their tour, the time they were able to spend in the recording studio was limited, and they have expressed wanting to add one or two more songs. Because of this, we have cancelled the music video shooting that was scheduled for February, and they are currently hard at work in the studio," he explained, adding that members Kang Seung Yoon and Song Min Ho will be releasing solo albums sometime this year as well.

He then added that fans would be notified of the new release date as soon as it is decided.

Yang Hyun Suk then wrapped up the post by assuring fans that he would provide updates on Sechskies, Eun Ji Won, CL, Lee Hi, and Suhyun of Akdong Musician in a later update.

1. iKON
  2. WINNER
  3. Yang Hyun Suk
17 12,649 Share 75% Upvoted

joanner22 6 days ago 0

Bobby / B.I. album would be lit!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Anythingyg 6 days ago 1
6 days ago

better promote them like he did his princess, iKON deserves it all. And I’m glad iKON is slowing down. 2018 was great but it would’ve been better if they weren’t on tour and promoting music all year. I need one or the other I’m tired of them being worn out also who gonna tell yg iKON debut in 2015 cause the man can’t count

MargaretACunning (Banned) 6 days ago 0

Comment has been deleted

HeyHoonie 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

So everything is uncertain.. like always

emmamadison24 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Wow an actual Double B album in my lifetime!! this will be awesome! Also, BLACKPINK in March too???? YG is coming for our wallets ha ha

kasutgile 6 days ago 1
6 days ago

I agreed, Winner boys need some rest after their back to back tours (asia and NA, they also do a Japan Tour before Everyday promotion), Everyday promotion, Millions, more variety appearance for each member (knowing bro, secret garden, amazing saturday, RM, NJTW, Dancing High, Awesome Feed, etc..), Mino album and their unofficial tour of University Festival (seriously they are on demand for uni fest). Winner indeed are everywhere in 2018. But remember to keep the promise YG about Winner new album release in 2019, Jinu solo, Hoony solo and ofcourse the comeback of our Rockstar Kang Seungyoon .

HeyHoonie 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

I read somewhere that the they want to be busy as much as they can now because they feel sorry to the fans for long hiatus in the past..(this is all because YG neglected them after their debut!!)

As much as I want them to rest too, (I may sound greedy) I want them to be more active this year since jinwoo & hoon will enlist probably next year. Even tho it's hard to believe, but I hope YG really keep the promises for Winner or members' solo music releases this year.

TheBlueBunny 6 days ago 1
6 days ago

I’m really grateful to YG for doing this, and responding to fans’ questions about his artists. It’s nice to get these updates and explanations that disprove the rumors that say he doesn’t care about his artists.

kat9 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Yeah, it makes me feel like he is actually trying to improve on keeping fans updated and he is trying to get music released at a faster pace than he did in the past. I know there are some artists like Lee Hi who are still not getting what they deserve, but at the same time I honestly feel like he's doing better management than he did a few years ago.

birdofparadise82 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Give Hanbin a solo album!!!!

mehihavenolife 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

um excuse me yg can we also have an update on one? we need a comeback from him asap

Cloudyrain 6 days ago 1
6 days ago

why he distorting the attention to Ikon and winner?

aren't netizen asking about those who lock in his dungeon?

kizaru_hijin 5 days ago 0
5 days ago

and here is the delusional hater, who just wants to hate around no matter what happens...

locked in his dungeon?still doesnt make any sense whatsoever, but whatever floats your boat..

RoAnon9935 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Wait Yoon was supposed to be last year but LOL all we got was Mino. Huff and puff, but Yang Hyun can't keep half the sht he says. Bobby is in the same boat as Yoon. YG just needs to keep his goddamn mouth shut already.

jimmychonga 6 days ago 1
6 days ago

I don't get why they make so many solo release? They released for Bobby & Mino, Mino, Bobby. They were not that good . Why put effort into their project when you have artists like Lee Hi, who can deliver high-quality albums and songs.

vipic88 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

Their solo releases were all very popular, especially Mino's XX album. It gives artists a chance to make music that they can really identify with instead of just sticking to the color of their group. I get it though! I miss Lee Hi too but there's no need to put other YG artists down. Its all YG's fault!!

JacobAllen 6 days ago 0
6 days ago

I confess they are good talents. As a father of three(!) girls, I stuck with kpop music they are listening. I didn't understand that. But they like it, and millions of teenagers are crazy about Korean bands. If it is the part of Asian culture, we can be highly educated and progressive as most of Asians. If you like to read more about my academical researches about Asia history, you can visit EduBirdie. Also, I study modern Japan culture.

(Bangtan Boys) BTS