On November 8, JYP Entertainment issued a new notice regarding the label's response to continued invasion of GOT7's rights' to artists' privacy.
Read JYPE's statement below:
"We at JYPE are constantly pursuing lawful protection of our artists against actions which invade one's rights to privacy and defame one's character and reputation, through review of all applicable legal procedures and with a resolve to react to each illegal action strictly.
However, actions which invade our artists' rights to privacy show no signs of ceasing.
Particularly, actions which invade one's and one's family's rights to privacy including:
- Carrying out illegal trade after discovering the artists' personal information.
- Constantly attempting to get in contact with the artist after illegally procuring their personal information.
- Spreading personal information of artists.
- Spreading photos and media content which violate copyright laws.
- Attempting to hack artists' personal SNS accounts.
We would like to notify you that those partaking in illegal actions which invade GOT7's rights to privacy, such as those listed above, will be facing strict legal action on charges of misdemeanor and violation of law, with no intentions to come to settlements on our end...
We will do our best so that the unfair, unjust actions of a select few will not cause trouble not only for our artists, but also for the many fans who love GOT7. Thank you."
What do you think about the issue?